Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do Hollywood tickets generally go on sale? Planning out a coast-to-coast tour and trying to budget

Based on last year, almost every night is packed these days. I'd strongly urge you to consider buying an Express pass.
just echoing this — it’s very difficult to do all the mazes and terror tram in one night, even with early entry. additionally, the sun is a real menace during those early hours if you’re visiting in September … and it’s going to be hot. all that to say, I’ve been buying express in Hollywood since 2017 and I’ve never regretted it.

Thanks for the tips all, leaning towards a RIP tour. Considering doing Oogie Boogie as well if I'll be there all weekend; worth going to that or just do two nights of HHN?

Edit: FWIW I've never been to the LA area so DL/DCA would be new to me too

Thanks for the tips all, leaning towards a RIP tour. Considering doing Oogie Boogie as well if I'll be there all weekend; worth going to that or just do two nights of HHN?

depends on what you’re looking for — I would either do Oogie Boogie or Knott’s Scary Farm. if you’re looking for a good excuse to hit DLR, you have your answer. that said, Scary Farm is a fun event and it’ll be the 50th anniversary this year.

depends on what you’re looking for — I would either do Oogie Boogie or Knott’s Scary Farm. if you’re looking for a good excuse to hit DLR, you have your answer. that said, Scary Farm is a fun event and it’ll be the 50th anniversary this year.
I’ve never done Oogie Boogie bash, but it looks fun! I’d choose KSF over Oogie though. Especially since it will be the 50th!

Seconding RIP if you can swing it. They always do a bonus scene or two that’s exclusive to the tour, sometimes with unique characters you can’t see anywhere else. Last year, they had Candyman in a mini Jordan Peele museum. The food is good, the tours are great, and you can hit as many houses as you want. It’s what I’m planning to do this year, and I’m local!

For those who have done the RIP and the daytime VIP tour, is the food set up the same in the Moulin Rouge? I've done the VIP daytime tour, and the food in there was amazing. Best food and selection I've ever had at Universal. I'd maybe consider a RIP tour for the same food, lol

RIP tour was definitely worth it last year. One unexpected standout was a separate RIP Express line once you're off the tour which was no wait versus the express regular which could get a decent wait at times. Hopefully the RIP will be the same this year. The special experience on the terror tram was short, but fun. Here's a video of the terror tram experience to give you an idea:

I'm definitely thinking we'll be getting at least Express this year.
Went to the park yesterday for the first time in a long while and you can really feel the hit in capacity without Animal Actors and Special Effects Stage. No doubt it's gonna hit even harder during HHN. I shudder to think about how the crowds are gonna be. They have to hit a record maze-count this year if they're not going to have a show but honestly they need a big compelling people eater like Jabbawankerz.

Status
Not open for further replies.