Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
you know, I kind of thought for a moment that TLOU's crowds wouldn't be that bad; because it wasn't based on the HBO show and specifically the game.

Seeing the wait times, I am clearly mistaken. Also, ST4 is now 3 hours too.

And I thought the Orlando opening night was messed up; at this point they have to start lowering the ticket sales or guests won’t be too happy.

God damn… looks like at Sept 30th I’m gonna have to hit The Last of Us first instead of Stranger Things. Yup, I’m gonna get there early ASAP!

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I think for EE it either do Stranger Things and get in line at 5:00 or get in Line for Last of Us and wait til 6:00. You can't do both with EE. I think the LOU line is going to fill up unless they open at 5:30 with everything else. I know people waited over 90 min at early entry before it opened up. (it opened super late last night)

If you only have 1 night get express and EE.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I think for EE it either do Stranger Things and get in line at 5:00 or get in Line for Last of Us and wait til 6:00. You can't do both with EE. I think the LOU line is going to fill up unless they open at 5:30 with everything else. I know people waited over 90 min at early entry before it opened up. (it opened super late last night)

That's my plan get in Stranger Things line early...and then see when Last of Us is opening and get on that.....

Tonight will give us a better view of what "normal" lines look like and what the lines look like when Last of Us doesn't open almost 2 hours late

Express AND EE? It doesn't seem feasible to do everything with JUST Express? Cuz Lordt knows I ain't giving them another dollar after the prices for Express lol

Reactions: chris.g
Express AND EE? It doesn't seem feasible to do everything with JUST Express? Cuz Lordt knows I ain't giving them another dollar after the prices for Express lol
Lol

It's insane

Many Blogger's seemed to to have to miss at least one show or maze and they had express. The event feels like you either need to go more then one day or get express and EA and have an AP so you can be in the lower lot when the event starts

My current Express game plan is to avoid Lower Lot until about 8 or 9pm. I was thinking of starting with Tram or Curious George lot right at 7pm. Any thoughts or suggestions?

My current Express game plan is to avoid Lower Lot until about 8 or 9pm. I was thinking of starting with Tram or Curious George lot right at 7pm. Any thoughts or suggestions?
You might be onto something. I think it was around 8:00/8:30 where TLOU and ST had such ungodly waits they shut down the line for ST for both GA and Express for 30 min. By the time our tour got down there which was around 10:30/11:00, the lines died down significantly. There were still healthy lines but nowhere near the apocalyptic scenario of what it was when it just opened.

So I personally think this is a good start. Chucky and Monsters didn’t seem to get long until…..eh 9:30-ish? I think all of those people trapped on the lower lot started to make their way up by that time.

If either line shuts down for 30 minutes, that's not too bad of a time. Can easily hit Mummy, Jurassic, and Transformers while waiting, or ofcourse Holidayz and Exorcist, or grab a drink at Isla Nubar and a snack at Chucky's BBQ or Stellar. Any longer than 30 minutes though, I'd be annoyed.

Just watching times and reading reviews. Gameplan for right now (which could change over time) is hit ST then TLOU. Exorcist and HIH then up to Chucky and Monsters. TT then Monstruos and end with EDR. Shows then the rest of the rides if time permits. Any thoughts?

Reactions: mccgavin
Just watching times and reading reviews. Gameplan for right now (which could change over time) is hit ST then TLOU. Exorcist and HIH then up to Chucky and Monsters. TT then Monstruos and end with EDR. Shows then the rest of the rides if time permits. Any thoughts?
With GA, one thing that always saved me in previous years is skipping one of the lower lot popular mazes for later. Hit the lesser popular one first (if I were to guess, ST this year, if last night was any indication for TLOU). Then hit HIH and Exorcist. Then run up to Curious George so you're first there at 7pm. Then the rest of the event. Then come back and do TLOU right before closing or around 1am.

Just my guess on this year though.

Another alternate plan, if you're not the VERY first for ST, hit the least popular one on the lower lot (HIH). Then Exorcist. Then try to be one of the first at TLOU for 6pm opening. Then run up and be first for Curious George opening at 7. Come back and do Stranger Things at 1am.

Again, this method has me saved me multiple times. Most recently with The Weeknd last year, by doing Killer Klownz first then Monsters, Curious George mazes at 7, then coming back to Weeknd at 1:30am.

IMO, it's a trap to think you can do all the lower lot mazes in one go. That's how it used to be 5-10 years ago, but things have changed. Whatever you do, get as many in bulk as you can instead of trying to avoid the longest wait, because that longest wait later will be 10 minutes after 1:30am. And whatever you do, get to Curious George by 7pm. That way the rest of your plan can continue to go off without a hitch.

For those who did RIP last night were there separate lines for RIP this year? If so were you able to use them without the guide, or were you only able to use Express lines? Also were you able to use Express before your tour started? TIA

Reactions: Clive
Do Early Entry Wrist Bands look any different from the general ones?

Someone on Facebook is saying if your in the park already with a wristbandthey just let you in mazes....but just wanted to ask if that could happen

Edit: Yes there are different colors....so its going to depend on if a CM knows which colors can go in early or nor...some CM seem fine letting anyone with one in EA mazes, at least night one

Last edited:
Tbh, if you have EE you're fine. I was able to get all houses + Terror Tram + Purge: Dangerous Waters done last night without express. I even got a 2nd run of Exorcist and probably could've done more but took a break. Just start on the lower lot (do the houses in this order: ST4, Exorcist, Holidayz in Hell then TLOU. You can switch TLOU with ST4 if you want too but that's the order I did the LL houses) and get those mazes done, head straight to Chucky/Unmasked afterwards, then do Evil Dead: Rise/Monstruos and Terror Tram afterwards. Save Purge for the end of the night. Then boom you did it :party: