Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
But my point is they won't have time to explore NintendoLand at night, risking missing some HHN stuff. It's not a guarantee it will continue to be empty. If they only care about Mario Kart, maybe, but if they want to do the mini games, meet & greets, Toadstool, you need to get there beginning of the day.
Fair enough

It depends on how much money you have but I feel like 2 PM-2AM with an express pass should be more then enough time to get all the exclusives done besides Toad Cafe and maybe the mini games.

We’ll just like forbidden journey, I found out they close because of the preventative maintenance they do over night. But this could be both them being greedy or not wanting the HHN crowd to destroy the place
Yeah makes sense

If someone has the money for a day ticket, Early access to SNW and express, EA to HHN then they should go for it

But if I had only one day and didn't mind missing rides like DE, simpsons and Potter rides because they are at other parks. I'd get a 2PM ticket with express you can easily hit SLOP, Panda, the Tram, and Jurassic before 5:30 PM. Then I'd hit the bottom mazes or SNW (besides Mario Kart) and then start hitting mazes in the lower lot. Then hit Mario Kart before going back upstairs and enjoy the rest of the mazes

Can anyone with experience let me know if my plan is safe or needs to be changed? I figure my group would get Early Entry (no Express), start with TLOU and Exorcist before heading up (not interested in HiH or ST), then going to wait for Chucky to open, followed by Unmasked, EDR and Monstruos. If there’s time, Terror Tram and maybe Blumhouse. I figure the efficiency of all of this depends on crowd levels, but I was hoping to go on a Sunday or weeknight and suck it up the next day. Thoughts?

Reactions: Clive
Can anyone with experience let me know if my plan is safe or needs to be changed? I figure my group would get Early Entry (no Express), start with TLOU and Exorcist before heading up (not interested in HiH or ST), then going to wait for Chucky to open, followed by Unmasked, EDR and Monstruos. If there’s time, Terror Tram and maybe Blumhouse. I figure the efficiency of all of this depends on crowd levels, but I was hoping to go on a Sunday or weeknight and suck it up the next day. Thoughts?
Your plan sounds pretty good. Basically the same thing I did on my 2nd visit and I was able to hit all the same houses you want to so you're good :)

I have a question regarding early entry to HHN: are the eateries open? We have an Express ticket so we're not worried about lines for the houses but it would be awesome to get to the Stellar Bar during early entry and snag some pizza fries without having to wait in a long line.

Thanks!

I have a question regarding early entry to HHN: are the eateries open? We have an Express ticket so we're not worried about lines for the houses but it would be awesome to get to the Stellar Bar during early entry and snag some pizza fries without having to wait in a long line.

Thanks!

The Stellar Bar and Surfer Boy Pizza stands were definitely open by like 6:15pm when I passed them. Stellar Bar fills up quickly and lines move slowly, as an FYI. Surfer Boy looked very manageable.

The Stellar Bar and Surfer Boy Pizza stands were definitely open by like 6:15pm when I passed them. Stellar Bar fills up quickly and lines move slowly, as an FYI. Surfer Boy looked very manageable.

Thank you! We will definitely keep an eye on them. My hope is to get there while everyone else goes to knock out the more popular mazes in the Lower Lot.

I did see multiple people turned away from TLOU with the wrong color wristband. We lined up on the curb near the Transformers gift shop, and the line was less than 50 people deep at 5:00

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Wanted to chime in on this.
This is what I did last Sunday:
Exorcist > Chucky > Unmasked > TLOU and was able to get all of these done waiting in line for probably less than 3 hours. We missed the other mazes because that particular night I drank too much and spent 3 hours or so recovering from that.

After 12a (in my experience you can easily get these done before closing in this order):
TLOU > Exorcist > Holidayz (if you care) since Exorcist has a shortcut that leads out to Holidayz if you are quick Holidayz will lead out to ST and you can get that one in as well.

Reactions: imagineer89

My experience this last Sunday, using Early Entry without express, we had Stranger Things, Last of Us, Exorcist, and Holidays in Hell done by 6:15, a small wait for Wizarding World to be cleared, Chucky and Unmasked done by a little after 7:00, a small break, then EDR and Monstruos done by 7:45, a Purge showing at 8, then Terror Tram, all done before 9 o'clock even rolled around. If this Sunday (or a weekday) is anything like that, it's easily doable, especially if you're cutting out ST and HiH, so long as you put some pep in your step once you're in to at least quickly get to TLOU before the line potentially starts getting too big. (My caveat, though, was that we were literally the first people in the ST4 line and had been lined up since 4:30ish, so that helped, but if you're not doing it, that's still gonna be a huge boon.)

My experience this last Sunday, using Early Entry without express, we had Stranger Things, Last of Us, Exorcist, and Holidays in Hell done by 6:15, a small wait for Wizarding World to be cleared, Chucky and Unmasked done by a little after 7:00, a small break, then EDR and Monstruos done by 7:45, a Purge showing at 8, then Terror Tram, all done before 9 o'clock even rolled around. If this Sunday (or a weekday) is anything like that, it's easily doable, especially if you're cutting out ST and HiH, so long as you put some pep in your step once you're in to at least quickly get to TLOU before the line potentially starts getting too big. (My caveat, though, was that we were literally the first people in the ST4 line and had been lined up since 4:30ish, so that helped, but if you're not doing it, that's still gonna be a huge boon.)
Without express you got all that done? Wow

was on the Lower lot at 5:30 so I tried to see if they were enforcing Early Entry writstbands. Looks like they are now. I was able to get on Holiday's right when it opened but got stopped at ST and Exorcist because I had the wrong color of wristband. Still sucks you have to pay for early entry but whatever.
I tried last night as well and got denied. I only tried ST4. I saw others get denied at the other LL mazes so I didn’t bother. I guess they’re figuring things out and are getting better at enforcing colored wristbands. Ended up hitting a few rides and rope-dropped Chucky.

On my visit yesterday I started with TLOU (which didn't open till 5:45), then did Exorcist Believer, Holidayz, all before 6:25. I headed upstairs, and was one of the first people in line for Monstruos(which apparently opened at 6:40, no clue if that's typical), then headed to Chucky and Unmasked, and was able to head upstairs in time to see Purge at 8:00. So I completed everything except ST4, EDR, Terror Tram, and Blumhouse before 8:30. Of course at that point, ST4 was over 2 hours, as was TLOU, and I think they weren't far off from that at 7, when the event "opens"

Should be noted that I travel solo, and had no time to eat or rest, and of course paid the upcharge for early access. Scare actors were also in short supply in Exorcist; there might have been less than 10 in the whole house. There was also very little atmosphere in the early access time; still playing standard park music in lower lot, no actors in the scare zones, no projections since the sun was shining. There's always trade offs

Hey All, question about adding single night express to a FF. I have folks coming in from out of town for one night in late October and they are thinking of getting Express. Is it possible for me to go to the booths now and add Express to my frequent fear for that October date? Does it have to be added the day of? Thanks.

Hey All, question about adding single night express to a FF. I have folks coming in from out of town for one night in late October and they are thinking of getting Express. Is it possible for me to go to the booths now and add Express to my frequent fear for that October date? Does it have to be added the day of? Thanks.
No unfortunately for FF pass it needs to be added the day you are using it. I asked that question last week because I am meeting friends next week and wanted to get express for that day. They will upgrade RIP tours in the future if you want to do that.

Couldn’t you just purchase a single night express pass for the date you need it?