Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Employee Preview | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Employee Preview

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Its funny that from at least the POV the best house is TCM and the ret all have moments of thats cool but overall most I think just are a little bit lower tier then most of what we got last year

I'm still going opening night and many times this season but....just wish the event had more houses like last year that seemed to just be more exciting then what we got this year.

I mean, I was expecting the Black Phone section of the tram to be as themed as....the scare zone in Florida. I love the Tram and sure it will be fun but some sections for sure look better then others...including the werewolf area which I hope has more things going on then what I saw in videos...was kinda excited we had another classic monster area in the park

Small anecdote, but I have a…dumb thought with Monsters.

Does it seem by chance, that it was made for the purpose of not a soundstage? Like as if the house wasn’t going to do things at the scale of what SS12 can actually do.
THIS! I was like, why is this house so "flat"?! From the scale of the facade to the lack of tall sets, it left me scratching my head. Plus all the floor space surrounding the exterior walls of the house inside the SS.

I will give Murdy credit for a much clearer story narrative unlike Orlando, but it still seemed to be missing a few key points.

I'm still going opening night and many times this season but....just wish the event had more houses like last year that seemed to just be more exciting then what we got this year.
can we please wait until y'all have actually gone to the event before we get statements like this? we're talking about walkthrough videos of an employee preview night. come on.

can we please wait until y'all have actually gone to the event before we get statements like this? we're talking about walkthrough videos of an employee preview night. come on.
True, the actors will get more intense and better as the season goes on. This preview is really to get a feel and see the sets obviously. Terror tram this year was like the best ever. Even tho it just sort of ends anti climax.

I said it will be fun but the actors to me are the not the issues

The Monster House just is lesser then what is in Florida, the black walls of the Weekend house (facade is amazing), I already touched on parts of the Blumhouse area's like the Woffman and Black Phones "themes" are not as strong as other area's like Megan's for example.

But also I watched last year stuff and was hyped, so its always funny to me when you don't love everything that I have to see it for myself but if a video makes me hyped no one tells you its not as hype as you think.
I'm not saying its even a bad event but will it live up to last year, I just doubt it from what I saw. Happy the Purge show is better but then the hardcore fans will complain about no plane yet, Chucky show is fun but wish the preshow was...just different.

But want to say the TCM house looking amazing, the Crowz scarezone is so much fun, the Megan parts of the Tram look great and the Purge section as well. I'm also digging the King and Queen scare zone.

I will say, I'm impressed with what I'm seeing tech-wise from Hollywood. It's exciting to see the event diving further into animatronics. Based on some of the effects I saw in videos last night, the Death Angels, Slimer, and Baby Crow look fantastic—very detailed and high quality. I can't wait to see these animated figures and the puppet effects scattered throughout the event in person.

We are so far removed from the days when we got stuff like Stranger Things 2019 Mind Flayer—it’s not even funny.

Last edited:
After having the privilege of attending, here’s my ranking based on feeling, as I believe it’s premature to truly judge how the houses will be when the event gets into its groove…

Impressed Me:
- Dead Exposure
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Liked-a-lot:
- The Weeknd
- Monstruos 2

Indifferent
- Insidious
- Late Night with Chucky

Disappointing:
- UM: Bloodlines
- A Quiet Place
- Ghostbusters

Didn’t Do
- Dangerous Waters

I also want to say my biggest gripe with this year? TOO MUCH FOCUS on the theatrical, not enough on being scary or actual dread. Bloodlines is almost laughably bad at this. Ghostbusters is the worst abuser of this though.

After having the privilege of attending, here’s my ranking based on feeling, as I believe it’s premature to truly judge how the houses will be when the event gets into its groove…

Impressed Me:
- Dead Exposure
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Liked-a-lot:
- The Weeknd
- Monstruos 2

Indifferent
- Insidious
- Late Night with Chucky

Disappointing:
- UM: Bloodlines
- A Quiet Place
- Ghostbusters

Didn’t Do
- Dangerous Waters

I also want to say my biggest gripe with this year? TOO MUCH FOCUS on the theatrical, not enough on being scary or actual dread. Bloodlines is almost laughably bad at this. Ghostbusters is the worst abuser of this though.
A Quiet Place looked fun to me it seemed like they did a great job on it. However I won't question your opinions.

It’s really not that deep nor that targeted. I think forming opinions, good or bad, based on POVs from a dress rehearsal is at best pointless. and given that’s what this entire last page of discussion has been, I think it’s worth flagging it.
Yeah, it’s genuinely wild that so many people are “reviewing” something they haven’t even experienced yet lol. It’s like looking at a photo of a cheeseburger and deciding how it tastes.