Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"Maybe it's time you 'honorary bugs' got a taste of your OWN MEDICINE!"

Also, was chatting about this yesterday with a friend very familiar with Latin America history, he believes the flower may be hinting at El Silbon, a farmer monster who appeared in Monstruos last year.
Another maze like Monstruos would be great. This fits with the clue that Murdy gave because he said that this house would be based on gardening. I would love a standalone El silbon house but they can also pair him up in a house with La Catrina and maybe some other Latin American Monsters. I don't know which ones though.

The blood red carpet awaits. Would you like the chainsaw or the minions welcoming party?

However, there is a chainsaw Minion option available.
Whichever one has Gasolina, so probably the latter (*imagine that Chainsaw minion would be more apt for heavy metal*).

Dracula, Nightmare, Chucky, and SNW kind of give me the reasons for this trip. Specifcally Chucky due to how good that damn house looked last year.

I love exterminatorz so much it’s probably my favorite original idea thats ever been at the event I just think it might be too early for a house. I’d love to be wrong I just think it’d be weird if exterminatorz got a house before Hollywood harry or other concepts that Murdy’s wanted to do but hey we’ll see
Also what’s with these titles? Dragon trainer? Can I change that? This is all new to me

I love exterminatorz so much it’s probably my favorite original idea thats ever been at the event I just think it might be too early for a house. I’d love to be wrong I just think it’d be weird if exterminatorz got a house before Hollywood harry or other concepts that Murdy’s wanted to do but hey we’ll see
Also what’s with these titles? Dragon trainer? Can I change that? This is all new to me
We did some updates to the forums, kind of harkening back to how we used to have rankings.

You can find more information on that here

Back on topic, Hollywood Harry is a great Terror Tram property but I don’t think Murdy sees it translating well to a house. Exterminatorz does, however so that’s why it would get a house before Harry. Also, I don’t think it’s too soon. La Llorona was a scarezone in 2010, and then a house in 2011 & 2012. Holidayz had a similar trajectory, I believe.

If it’s one of your favorite originals at the event, you should expect to dig what the creative team has in store for a dedicated house for the property. It would most likely be a continuation of themes seen at the event, rather than a re hash.

I'm fine with the speculated lineup so far even though some of you guys might not be fine with the repeats. Since Murdy said no literal repeats will be coming to this year's HHN that should give you all enough maze material that is different so that you guys won't be experiencing the same maze as when you previously went to HHN. Me personally though I only started going to HHN in 2022 I missed a lot so maze concepts coming back in the form of new mazes is very exciting and interesting for me and maybe even everyone else who haven't seen these mazes before.

I'm fine with the speculated lineup so far even though some of you guys might not be fine with the repeats. Since Murdy said no literal repeats will be coming to this year's HHN that should give you all enough maze material that is different so that you guys won't be experiencing the same maze as when you previously went to HHN. Me personally though I only started going to HHN in 2022 I missed a lot so maze concepts coming back in the form of new mazes is very exciting and interesting for me and maybe even everyone else who haven't seen these mazes before.
I'm never against great houses coming back if you told people Chucky was coming back no one would be upset....but Evil Dead would to be be different

But yeah, I have no problems with great houses staying an extra year but maybe because of costs or they see attendant drop when they do that they avoid repeats at least the year after its already been done because Knotts has not issues most houses being the same year after year

Agree with your overall point, but man I thought Evil Dead was excellent in a way Hollywood Hotel was not.
I'm in the minority here....I just didn't care for that house

My point is something like Last of Us or Chucky I don't think would upset people

I'm never against great houses coming back if you told people Chucky was coming back no one would be upset....but Evil Dead would to be be different

But yeah, I have no problems with great houses staying an extra year but maybe because of costs or they see attendant drop when they do that they avoid repeats at least the year after its already been done because Knotts has not issues most houses being the same year after year
Evil Dead is not rumored and I hope it won't get rumored. That maze sucked.

No singular IP will make everyone happy. No original maze will make everyone happy. No concept period will make everyone happy.

I think the only solution here is for Universal to stop HHN, which will make everyone unhappy and finally collectively agree on something.

I mean, Knott's basically never has IPs (there are a few rare exceptions, I know--but for the most part), and people still find plenty to complain about :lol:

I really welcome the possibility of an Exterminatorz house as I think they will do a fine job balancing dark comedy and intensity. I’ve always wanted to see an old “B-movie” kind of house and this is the perfect opportunity for this!
Killer Klownz for 2 years didn't do it for you? haha
People always want everything to be serious and "scary" and for me I haven't felt fear at one of these events in years....they can't touch you and once you've done it for 10+years do people still get scared? I'm not talking jump scared like do people here still have like a fear before entering a maze?
Sometimes. Very rarely. But when the dread is really high and the mood is right. The feeling before entering a maze and then once inside, scared to go in the next room, it's such a great feeling. It happens maybe once every other year at this point. But that to me is if they REALLY go dark and dreadful in tone and theme. Honestly, it happens more at Knotts as a feeling, they just never succeed in giving me the jump so it ultimately feels lackluster.
As for Exterminatorz...
2015 - Entrance SZ
2023 - Terror Tram
2024 - House (rumor)
The SZ was that long ago?! Nearly 10 years?! Holy hell, I am old if I can remember that as if it was "wasn't that 2019?"
Hollywood already tried that 3 times
1987-1991
1993-1996
2001-2005
Don't forget 2020 haha