Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’ve only seen the first Quiet Place. Guess I need to watch the second one and the new one coming out.

IMO this is kind of a random IP to choose for the event. If they can make it work then great. It just seems….random to me.

It's a very random IP to choose for the event; albeit like how The Weeknd was honestly.

But that weirdness kind of fascinates me in a way that makes me wonder to how they have figured out how it could work.

I will say though I wonder how they'll do the Death Angels in Hollywood--if they'll be similar to AWIL Dogs from 2014 or if they go for non-conventional ways of handling them (like screens).

I’ve only seen the first Quiet Place. Guess I need to watch the second one and the new one coming out.

IMO this is kind of a random IP to choose for the event. If they can make it work then great. It just seems….random to me.
Wouldn't mind it if it came, though I have yet to see the film, but the tiny hope in my heart is that Quiet Place is a codename for Silent Hill.

A soundless maze would be interesting. Especially in Hollywood where houses seem so reliant on them.
I agree--but I almost think you can't just make it a "Mute" house.

To me if I was looking at it, I think "every" sound should count and matter--that for every moment a sound is registered in the house; it has a purpose and a specific meaning to be here. I think in turn of that, experimenting on binural audio and mixing, be if it's for the forest around the house/farm; the sounds of the death angels or of the sound of simply "moving' should be amplified and dramatically made important.

In a way--it actually wouldn't be far off from Scarecrow the more I think on it--that the environment is as much of a character that should be emphasized.

A soundless maze would be interesting. Especially in Hollywood where houses seem so reliant on them.
Sound catches people off guard it is a really good mechanism used to scare people in houses at HHN. Like you said I don't know how that would work. Now that I think about it a read a reddit post where someone was thinking that they could use headphones with sound queue triggers but that brings up even more problems. Getting a large quantity of these would be very expensive and might even be more expensive to make them able to play the specific sounds. Even worse the lines might be long because of them needing to give headphones to people before they go through the maze.

I also don’t think AQP would make for a good house, but if HHN wants to do it I have faith they have a good idea on how to pull it off. So I’m interested if they announce it and will go in it with an open mind.

With seemingly 4 houses now in construction; I am happy to see them taking their time to close Parisian.

Wonder how long it's gonna take until work begins in there--but I am glad they switched things up considering it's usually one of the first to close down.

So with Florida starting its even in August any rumors of Hollywoods event starting at the same time?

Considering last year was INSANE, if they aren't planning on doing it...why would they not want more dates?

If we are looking at past dates, I think we usually bow into stage a week after Orlando.

Guessing September 5th-November 2nd.
Thanks for the info

But does anyone know why?

Like in theory the more dates the event gets the more money they make...so why not open them at the same time. We had .like 7/10 dates sold out and most of those nights express were sold out

Thanks for the info

Like in theory the more dates the event gets the more money they make...so why not open them at the same time. We had .like 7/10 dates sold out and most of those nights express were sold out
The makes so much sense. I don't know why Hollywood wouldn't want to expand their dates after all they got more money. What do they even do with the money from HHN? Do they invest most of it into the budget for the following year's HHN?

Thanks for the info

I wouldn’t say this with 100% confidence, but Orlando has two parks, so opening the event before Labor Day means that IOA can still be open later for regular guests, who have no interest in HHN.

Starting the event earlier, here, would mean losing a lot of potential revenue from non HHN guests with shortened hours, in one of the busiest seasons for “daytime ops.”

I’m not sure the trade off would be worth it.

Just a theory, though.

I wouldn’t say this with 100% confidence, but Orlando has two parks, so opening the event before Labor Day means that IOA can still be open later for regular guests, who have no interest in HHN.

Starting the event earlier, here, would mean losing a lot of potential revenue from non HHN guests with shortened hours, in one of the busiest seasons for “daytime ops.”

I’m not sure the trade off would be worth it.

Just a theory, though.
The turnaround time that is also needed for HHN to Holidays is a major element to consider too in why they don't really go longer than they do.

The makes so much sense. I don't know why Hollywood wouldn't want to expand their dates after all they got more money. What do they even do with the money from HHN? Do they invest most of it into the budget for the following year's HHN?
I mean do you really want me to list what they could do with more money

1) Summer Plaza event
2) Bringing back Lunar New Years
3) Upgrading next year HHN
4) Upgrading Grinchmas
5) Adding more to the entertainment budget

Reactions: saint.piss