Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I haven't been following this thread much, what's the reason for no FNAF? That seems like an obvious slam dunk.

I mean do you really want me to list what they could do with more money

1) Summer Plaza event
2) Bringing back Lunar New Years
3) Upgrading next year HHN
4) Upgrading Grinchmas
5) Adding more to the entertainment budget
if there's one thing multinational corporations have shown, it's that they definitely reinvest their profits right back into the product

Its....just insane to me that they can't work out a deal

Like they made one with Potter and Nintendo but can't with a one Video game series IP....feels like they should have made a better up front contract

if there's one thing multinational corporations have shown, it's that they definitely reinvest their profits right back into the product
I know I know but...they asked. Anyway, If it makes sense to them then I hope one year it comes here early...I'm very much down to not have to wait for September for Haunt stuff

If we started September 5th, that'd be amazing. I know there's always been some unwritten rule to not put up scarezones until after Labor Day though, so that'd be the only thing. Summer crowds are still piling in until than and it'd probably get more complaints than usual.

I would also be all in on a Nov 2nd date, especially since it's Day of the Dead. November is usually a dead zone when they do have dates, but not so sure if that'll be the case this year with the "holiday." Last time we had November was quite awhile ago now, though, popularity for the event has changed.

Either way, definitely going to try to swing FOTL for opening weekend and will tough it out in November. Not sure if I'll be doing a third date this year, my friends were pretty high on Knotts last year, even though I told them that was an ANOMOLY, but they seem pretty gung ho about it lol

If we started September 5th, that'd be amazing. I know there's always been some unwritten rule to not put up scarezones until after Labor Day though, so that'd be the only thing. Summer crowds are still piling in until than and it'd probably get more complaints than usual.

I would also be all in on a Nov 2nd date, especially since it's Day of the Dead. November is usually a dead zone when they do have dates, but not so sure if that'll be the case this year with the "holiday." Last time we had November was quite awhile ago now, though, popularity for the event has changed.

Either way, definitely going to try to swing FOTL for opening weekend and will tough it out in November. Not sure if I'll be doing a third date this year, my friends were pretty high on Knotts last year, even though I told them that was an ANOMOLY, but they seem pretty gung ho about it lol
September 5th will almost certainly be opening day for Hollywood. Orlando typically starts Labor Day weekend, which they're doing this year as well, it just so happens to align to the end of August instead of the first of September like most years . Hollywood is typically the Thursday after Labor Day, which would be 9/5.

I'm hoping for 2025. Hollywood specifically has seemingly had so-far a really good standing with Amazon; considering MGM with Candyman RIP 2022 and KKfOS 2022.

Hoping they go for it next year; feels like a lot you can do with it (and that isn't even knowing what the TV show has instore--which I am excited to watch tonight).

Reactions: Jerroddragon
GOD....I mean GOD

I wish.

I'd for sure get express on two nights to get to do a Fallout Maze
Look... I honestly think it's possible. The IP is very popular right now (not just the show but Fallout 76 is apparently selling really well at the moment) and Amazon/HHN have a decent relationship. The merch would probably sell like crazy and there's so much they can work with Fallout wise. If not this year, I have a feeling it'll be VERY likely next year. In fact they're already developing season 2 for the show so... anything is possible.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Whats insane....about people still loving Fallout is its been 6 years since 76 and that game did not sit well with people

Even with that...people still love it and they even do an event in GoodSprings Nevada where fans meet every year

(many games come and go...but Fallout still has a HUGE community that loves it and even without new games to make it..."relevant" still picks up new fans every year, unlike Bio Shock which is also amazing but without a new game seems to be kinda lost in time)

Reactions: saint.piss
Based on what I’ve seen from this show, and what I know about the games, Fallout isn’t a fit for HHN. Yes, it’s violent; yes, there are monsters and quasi-zombies. But the tone is not horror.

And before anyone says anything — I understand it’s massively popular. Popularity alone doesn’t make something a fit for this event. I felt the same way when GOT was being spec’d. The material is not a match for HHN.

Based on what I’ve seen from this show, and what I know about the games, Fallout isn’t a fit for HHN. Yes, it’s violent; yes, there are monsters and quasi-zombies. But the tone is not horror.

As someone who has seen all of the show and played Fallout 3 and New Vegas (half of 4 as well), I completely disagree with you. There are so many horror elements/themes embedded throughout all the games (tv show included... just because it isn't a straight up horror slasher or whatever IP doesnt mean it isn't horror still) whether it be certain main quests or side missions, especially Fallout 3. I've been scared playing the games more than I have with some straight up horror ones. So yeah I think it would 100% fit at HHN. I would even go as far to say it's more of a fit at HHN than IPs we've gotten before like Ghostbusters, Penn & Teller, Killer Klowns, Dueling Dragons, This is The End, Face Off, etc.

And before anyone says anything — I understand it’s massively popular. Popularity alone doesn’t make something a fit for this event. I felt the same way when GOT was being spec’d. The material is not a match for HHN.

No offense, but if you're going to say this kind of comment maybe try playing one of the games or watch the TV series before you make up your mind about whether or not it's a fit.

Fallout 4 GIF

No offense, but if you're going to say this kind of comment maybe try playing one of the games or watch the TV series before you make up your mind about whether or not it's a fit.
Although I have not seen the show, I have played a fair amount of Fallout 3 & 4. I personally wouldn't classify it as horror, and I don't know how well it would fit in with the event. There are certainly some creepy and unsettling moments, but it definitely is an atmospheric action game at its core. For similar reasons, I don't think we'd ever see DOOM at the event either.

If walking dead and many not really scary films and shows make it to the event then fallout can

It’s about will this make a good maze, which fallout would it has a great atmosphere, lots of character and is very much different not just another zombie IP

Also the show has insanely good rating like as good as last of us and most people online are enjoying it, meaning in a year it’s perfect to draw people in and that’s what really matters

Will X Ip or idea draw people into the gates.

I believe fallout would and unlike doom is going to be a relevant IP
(PS I’d love a Doom maze but it’s just not relevant enough, resident evil or silent hill makes more sense since they have newer games or films out that people will recognize and are just as fitting for HHN)

Hollywood has a long, storied tradition of comedy houses so even if Fallout isn't "horror" (which, I dunno, whatever) I could absolutely see it getting a house whether it's based on the show or video games. There's a lot of fun visual stuff to do in addition to a really nice tone. (And, full disclosure, I've not seen the show and only played one of the games and stopped because I didn't find it all that engaging)

Hollywood has a long, storied tradition of comedy houses so even if Fallout isn't "horror" (which, I dunno, whatever) I could absolutely see it getting a house whether it's based on the show or video games. There's a lot of fun visual stuff to do in addition to a really nice tone. (And, full disclosure, I've not seen the show and only played one of the games and stopped because I didn't find it all that engaging)
Killer Clowns is barley horror.....I watched it and by today standards its almost a comedy

Last of Us isn't horror more suspense

Stanger Things is almost never scary but its a very popular maze

Chucky was also popular and more humor then horror

Ghost Busters....Beetlejuice the list goes on.

So yeah I agree

Killer Clowns is barley horror.....I watched it and by today standards its almost a comedy

Last of Us isn't horror more suspense

Stanger Things is almost never scary but its a very popular maze

Chucky was also popular and more humor then horror

Ghost Busters....Beetlejuice the list goes on.

So yeah I agree
Agree with you a lot here but TLoU is definitely horror.