Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The house was based on the video game so your argument doesn't really make sense but I get your point about the TV show.
Fair enough

As much as I loveeeeeed getting to walk though Last of Us....I didn't find it that scary.

Honestly I feel like last year for the most part nothing really that scary many of the themes were pretty good for GA, with a few exceptions

Fair enough

As much as I loveeeeeed getting to walk though Last of Us....I didn't find it that scary.

Honestly I feel like last year for the most part nothing really that scary many of the themes were pretty good for GA, with a few exceptions
Fair enough, it’s not ur cup of tea.

As someone who has seen all of the show and played Fallout 3 and New Vegas (half of 4 as well), I completely disagree with you. There are so many horror elements/themes embedded throughout all the games (tv show included... just because it isn't a straight up horror slasher or whatever IP doesnt mean it isn't horror still) whether it be certain main quests or side missions, especially Fallout 3. I've been scared playing the games more than I have with some straight up horror ones. So yeah I think it would 100% fit at HHN. I would even go as far to say it's more of a fit at HHN than IPs we've gotten before like Ghostbusters, Penn & Teller, Killer Klowns, Dueling Dragons, This is The End, Face Off, etc.

Like I said, it comes down to tone. I acknowledged elements of the material that are horror-adjacent, and I understand that certain encounters and environments in the games are probably eerie or frightening, but those things don't make Fallout definitionally or primarily horror. You're just cherry-picking isolated aspects and trying to make a general case. It's like saying Raiders of the Lost Ark would make a good HHN house because a bunch of people get melted at the end; or Pee Wee's Big Adventure because of the Large Marge scene. In isolation, I agree, those moments are definitionally horror; pull out and look at the material as a whole? Not horror. It's the same with Fallout.

Also, some of those houses you mention also weren't good fits for HHN for the exact same reasons I'm arguing here.

No offense, but if you're going to say this kind of comment maybe try playing one of the games or watch the TV series before you make up your mind about whether or not it's a fit.

Listen -- I'm glad you like Fallout. I like it too. But just because you like a thing doesn't mean it's automatically a thing that works for HHN. Also, let's not be so touchy about a difference of opinion. There's no need to be so defensive.

Once again love getting to walk through scenes from game...just wasn't scary. I thought that was also the complaint from many people

It's kinda important to remember that "scary" is subjective. Not everyone is going to agree that something is scary. That doesn't make the material any more or less horror. I know that sounds contradictory, but horror has a material definition. Ghostbusters might deal directly with the supernatural, but is by no means out to scare anyone; it was a bad fit for the event. It's the opposite case with Killer Clowns and TLOU. You might not find either scary at all, but that doesn't mean the creators didn't attempt to scare people. Yes, even Killer Clowns -- despite being considered dated and hokey today -- was intended, designed, and executed to scare people. Those distinctions matter in a conversation like this.

Last edited:
It's kinda important to remember that "scary" is subjective. Not everyone is going to agree that something is scary. That doesn't make the material any more or less horror. I know that sounds contradictory, but horror has a material definition. Ghostbusters might deal directly with the supernatural, but is by no means out to scare anyone; it was a bad fit for the event. It's the opposite case with Killer Clowns and TLOU. You might not find either scary at all, but that doesn't mean the creators didn't attempt to scare people. Yes, even Killer Clowns -- despite being considered dated and hokey today -- was intended, designed, and executed to scare people. Those distinctions matter in a conversation like this.
So they can do the same for Fallout

Have you played the games? It has many moments of horror and many times ties with humor

They have a ton of cool looking creatures, monsters, raiders and so on.

If Beetle Juice can be a maze so can Fallout.

The event is 100% about getting mazes people want to go through, thats it. I don't know why its being gatekept as if they have some requirement for what can and can't be a maze.

Back in the day HHN would probably never want to do Fallout, Ghostbusters, maybe even stranger things, etc. but in today’s age , the event has changed. Like it or not it has.
The event is 100% about getting mazes people want to go through, thats it. I don't know why its being gatekept as if they have some requirement for what can and can't be a maze.
This is so true. The event has involved into this. I don’t necessarily like it but there’s nothing I can do but maybe fill out the survey.

Back in the day HHN would probably never want to do Fallout, Ghostbusters, maybe even stranger things, etc. but in today’s age , the event has changed. Like it or not it has.

This is so true. The event has involved into this. I don’t necessarily like it but there’s nothing I can do but maybe fill out the survey.
If I can ask why is it a bad thing?

The year HHN had Ghost busters is one of my favorite years and that mazes rocked

Reactions: saint.piss
Like I said, it comes down to tone. I acknowledged elements of the material that are horror-adjacent, and I understand that certain encounters and environments in the games are probably eerie or frightening, but those things don't make Fallout definitionally or primarily horror. You're just cherry-picking isolated aspects and trying to make a general case. It's like saying Raiders of the Lost Ark would make a good HHN house because a bunch of people get melted at the end; or Pee Wee's Big Adventure because of the Large Marge scene. In isolation, I agree, those moments definitionally horror; pull out and look at the material as a whole? Not horror. It's the same with Fallout.

Also, some of those houses you mention also weren't good fits for HHN for the exact same reasons I'm arguing here.

Listen -- I'm glad you like Fallout. I like it too. But just because you like a thing doesn't mean it's automatically a thing that works for HHN. Also, let's not be so touchy about a difference of opinion. There's no need to be so defensive.

I feel like comparing wanting Fallout to come to HHN to properties like Indiana Jones/Pee Wee is really unfair and reductive. Especially since we've gotten MULTIPLE HHN houses in the past that are very similar to Fallout. We just had TLoU last year, another IP that is post apocalypse and shares a lot of similar tones/world building as Fallout. We also had Bugs: Eaten Alive in Orlando, which shared the same 50s aesthetic and similar creatures (radroaches...) from the games/tv show!! Also I'm not cherry picking isolated elements or aspects, it's literally what the core of the series is in the games and the TV show. Just because it's has comedy doesn't take away the horror aspect of the IP. But whatever, it's your opinion and you're welcome to have it. Just don't expect the event to cater to your standards of whether or not a certain IP would work for HHN or not.

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:
Reactions: themeparkhaunter
Okay, I don't think anything going on here constitutes gatekeeping. There is a difference in opinion whether an IP that most would not consider outright horror at first glance is a slam dunk pick for Horror Nights. Doesn't mean they wouldn't ever do it or that the event has not leveraged IP that is not traditional horror in the past.

Let's all try to take the temperature down a notch.

If I can ask why is it a bad thing?

The year HHN had Ghost busters is one of my favorite years and that mazes rocked
It’s not really. But as someone who started to want to go to HHN be of Orlando’s Icon years, it will always be my wish to go to them. HHN now is not what it was back then. Mainly bc of how popular the event has gotten. That’s not a bad thing at all though and can actually be a good thing depending on how you look at it.

So they can do the same for Fallout

Have you played the games? It has many moments of horror and many times ties with humor

They have a ton of cool looking creatures, monsters, raiders and so on.

If Beetle Juice can be a maze so can Fallout.
Maybe they can and will, I have no idea. My argument is it's still not a good fit, regardless. I can't speak to the quality of the Beetlejuice house because I didn't experience it, but as a property, it seems pretty similar to Ghostbusters or This Is The End, which weren't good fits for all the same reasons I'm arguing re: Fallout. Those properties have elements and isolated aspects of horror, but they had to stretch them out and re-contextualize them for the sake of the maze, and the results weren't great. It would be the same with Fallout.
No, the event is 100% not about just getting mazes people want to go through. There's always been a balance. The creative team has a vision; they don't always put things in just because they're popular. And those times when they have done that, I think we've all seen the results. I am not arguing Fallout's popularity. I'm also not arguing that you like it. I'm making a different argument.

I feel like comparing wanting Fallout to come to HHN to properties like Indiana Jones/Pee Wee is really unfair and reductive. Especially since we've gotten MULTIPLE HHN houses in the past that are very similar to Fallout. We just had TLoU last year, another IP that is post apocalypse and shares a lot of similar tones/world building as Fallout.

It's not unfair or reductive. Both of those properties have moments that can be defined as horror; they are not horror properties. The same can be said of Fallout. It's a fair comparison. Also, I think you make a good point about TLOU being similar to Fallout. But when it comes to it, the zombie-centric throughlines of TLOU not only make it a better fit for HHN, but make it categorically horror. The things that are categorically horror about Fallout are accents; they exist on the margins, they're not the crux. The crux of Fallout is something much different.

Just because it's has comedy doesn't take away the horror aspect of the IP.
Huh? I'm not saying it does. An American Werewolf in London is a comedy. It's a great fit. Fallout's humor isn't what makes it not horror -- it's the lack of horror that makes it not horror.

Just don't expect the event to cater to your standards of whether or not a certain IP would work for HHN or not.
This statement is ironic, considering your argument for Fallout being at HHN is pretty much grounded in "I like it and it meets my standards for what would work at HHN."

Listen, I'm sorry I touched a nerve here. I'm not trying to make anything personal. Like I said, I'm glad that you like Fallout. I also like it.

I mean lets just say you think its not a great fit but not all of us agree

I see Fallout as a perfect maze with more then enough setting, characters and monsters to work.

I'm not telling the team they have to do anything but if they feel like it would work please do it, not only will it draw people by next year because this is the year where Fallout becomes main stream but many people want to walk the wasteland created by the people behind Universal because they kill it each year

Like I said before wasn't scared at all in Last of Us, who cares the setting was still great and was so much fun seeing characters I and millions of others loved brought to life.
If its subjective what is scary and whats not then its the same for what fits at these events

Its like last year when people mocked Demon Slayer, cool your not into Anime but would fit if you've watched the show it has horror vibes. This board represents only a small amount of people who go to he parks and hope they survey more people to see what would bring them in the next year.

Like if we really limited it to pure horror and icons, it would be like USH saying we can't have Potter, Simpsons, Hello Kitty, Scooby, or Nintendo because they don't fit some people vision of what the parks should be

Reactions: saint.piss
Maybe they can and will, I have no idea. My argument is it's still not a good fit, regardless. I can't speak to the quality of the Beetlejuice house because I didn't experience it, but as a property, it seems pretty similar to Ghostbusters or This Is The End, which weren't good fits for all the same reasons I'm arguing re: Fallout. Those properties have elements and isolated aspects of horror, but they had to stretch them out and re-contextualize them for the sake of the maze, and the results weren't great. It would be the same with Fallout.

No, the event is 100% not about just getting mazes people want to go through. There's always been a balance. The creative team has a vision; they don't always put things in just because they're popular. And those times when they have done that, I think we've all seen the results. I am not arguing Fallout's popularity. I'm also not arguing that you like it. I'm making a different argument.

It's not unfair or reductive. Both of those properties have moments that can be defined as horror; they are not horror properties. The same can be said of Fallout. It's a fair comparison. Also, I think you make a good point about TLOU being similar to Fallout. But when it comes to it, the zombie-centric throughlines of TLOU not only make it a better fit for HHN, but make it categorically horror. The things that are categorically horror about Fallout are accents; they exist on the margins, they're not the crux. The crux of Fallout is something much different.

Huh? I'm not saying it does. An American Werewolf in London is a comedy. It's a great fit. Fallout's humor isn't what makes it not horror -- it's the lack of horror that makes it not horror.

This statement is ironic, considering your argument for Fallout being at HHN is pretty much grounded in "I like it and it meets my standards for what would work at HHN."

Listen, I'm sorry I touched a nerve here. I'm not trying to make anything personal. Like I said, I'm glad that you like Fallout. I also like it.
I'm done arguing with you because you just come off as someone who has no investment in the series and that's fine, but this is going nowhere and I would be better off talking to a wall lol. I made some decent points and people clearly disagree with me but whatever. Most of the people on here disagree with me on everything no matter what I say so I'm getting use to it now even though it makes me sad. Just sucks that no matter what I say people gang up on me but I'm done who cares ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Over It I Give Up GIF

I just skipped 3 pages of Fallout talk lol

Speaking of Beetlejuice, are the chances of it returning possible because of the sequel or is there still bad blood for how things went in 2021?
I think Parkscope Joe brought it up alongside The Weeknd in the Possibilites list he posted a few weeks back--there'd be fun to it considering BJ2 is coming out on the weekend after Labor Day.