Halloween Horror Nights 2024 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You completely forget that Japan has an entirely different cultural mindset. And honestly, the ad isn't bad. It's fun & misleading. They're not marketing to the U.S., they're marketing to Japan.
Given that I'm fairly certain @BatCom lives in Japan, no, I don't think they're forgetting that.

Reactions: Galactus
Given that I'm fairly certain @BatCom lives in Japan, no, I don't think they're forgetting that.
Correct.

Halloween in Japan has more of a "zany, kooky" feel than a straight horror feel.

If you went to your local premiere Halloween event, which would you rather have? Focus on quality haunted houses and scare zones or focus on giant TikTok dances?

I live here but it's not my native culture so I won't belabor the point. Just goes to show that grass isn't always greener!

Reactions: Galactus and Jake S
Question about HHN Japan: is Chucky the only actual house? I skimmed through the Resident Evil vid but not too closely because I don't want to be spoiled, but it seems more like an open-air show from what I can tell? I'm planning on getting Halloween express to ensure I can do Chucky, Resident Evil, and Chainsaw Man, but am also kinda hoping that there's more mazes than just one.

Based on the description, it sounds a lot like the Resident Evil attraction from last year (just outside). If so, I'd expect an interactive attraction that features performers as both guides and monsters. There were a couple of show stops last year where you'd shoot at a screen, etc., mixed in with standard haunted attraction stuff.

Biohazard house is an interactive house combining multiple elements for a experience unlike anything the US does for HHN. That's part of the reason its a repeated event every year.

But yes Chucky is the only other traditional house. You have roaming monsters (cough cough mostly zombies) and streetmosphere

Reactions: Jake S