Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Reviews & Photos

Thursday notes. The roamers are getting better. They seem to be traveling in packs of two now and no one is expecting it getting a lot of scares in the streets. Also, except for the warrior packs, legion affiliation has seem to have gone to the wayside. I saw a vampire and traditions duo that were doing a number on the streets and a warrior and beast duo that was getting people leaving from the walkers zone. I like this execution a lot better. No one knows who to look for and in the small groups the scares can come from anywhere. Also, whatever cast was in Alice Cooper at around 10:40 gets major respect from me. They seem to have every intention of trying to give me nightmares for the rest of my life. Good news for them, it's working.

This is what I'm thinking. Weeks before the event started we were told that we were allowed to pose for pictures, so they either changed the rules last Saturday, or the walkers are never allowed to pose for pictures.

I think it's just Walkers and I think it has something to do with themeing and AMC.

Midway thru the even thoughts...

Dead End has grown on me some--actually, the second half has grown on me a lot, I'm still "meh" on the first half. My friend nailed it, calling it the "recycled" house. The facade (which has a handicapped ramp and lit Jack-o-Lanterns, suggesting it is neither old nor abandoned), the out-of-place tunnel, the photo room, nothing we haven't seen before. From the bathroom on, some innovative scares and effects. I really like the arboretum and the library.

TWD probably has the best cast. That alone has it dueling with Dead End and Alice Cooper for my #2 spot.

P&T not working for me at all. Too difficult to hear Penn's commentary, 3D a wash, and, as I've written about elsewhere, not enough humor or scares. In fairness, lines have been consistently longer than HoH and AC, so I guess those who doubted P&T's relevance were wrong, those who doubted AC's were right.

I really enjoyed The Naked Mentalist. Seen him twice, was the same show, wouldn't mind seeing some of his other tricks. As for the rest of 20 Penny Circus, I liked the guillotine trick but it takes a lot of detours building up to it. The rest was just standard freak show stuff we've seen other HHN peformers do better. Even with TWD at 75 minutes next door, this did not play to a full house.

Lines have been bad given it's still early in the event and weather has been less than ideal. Not sure how a rain-free Hell Week will be, but I'm guessing 90 minute or longer waits will be the norm.

So what is considered Hell Week? Week of Halloween? Will be going Friday the 26th which is the Friday before Halloween and expecting crazy crowds but for me it was either that weekend or not all.

Pictures from last night! Glad I stayed past the little bits of rain.

8059814950_ba27866e80.jpg

8059785101_2d4c9676e7.jpg

8059785204_d27b1839a9.jpg

8059798158_7d2a061fce.jpg

as always, the rest are here! www.flickr.com/photos/tough_break_bryan/

So what is considered Hell Week? Week of Halloween? Will be going Friday the 26th which is the Friday before Halloween and expecting crazy crowds but for me it was either that weekend or not all.

No--Halloween is generally the least crowded night, and even the Saturday before is usually not the worst of the season simply because so many other events are going on (every bar in town does a costume contest, for instance).

Hell Week is when Florida has teacher service days, meaning every public school student in the state is out of school. This year it's Friday, 10/19 (with at least Osceola County schools, maybe others, out Monday 10/22 as well). That means Thursday night and then again Sunday night, seemingly every high school and middle school student in central Florida will be at the event (not really, but it feels like it). Hoardes of teenagers in the streets so thick you can't even walk. About the only thing not busy is the bars.

^whewww that makes me feel a little better about going that late in the season. I must have accidentally gone during hell week without even realizing it over the years cause I have been when its been wall to wall people and it sucks.

I have experienced multiple hell nights at HHN and they are brutal. I want to add that the crowds I was engulfed in at DL and DCA yesterday were way worse than any hell week night I've ever experienced. Also as for Halloween, and I know there is a differing opinion here but I feel more people have figured out that Halloween night is usually dead which in turn has created some busier Halloween nights in recent years.

I have experienced multiple hell nights at HHN and they are brutal. I want to add that the crowds I was engulfed in at DL and DCA yesterday were way worse than any hell week night I've ever experienced.

For me, it's not just the number of people, it's that they're all too-cool-for-school teens. Give me the happy drunks any day over that.

For me, it's not just the number of people, it's that they're all too-cool-for-school teens. Give me the happy drunks any day over that.

This. Thisthisthis. My experience with the drunks this year was way better than years past. The major problems were with irritating, misbehaving teens. And this comes from somebody who's just turned 18 and is in her last leg of high school.

Thursday notes. The roamers are getting better. They seem to be traveling in packs of two now and no one is expecting it getting a lot of scares in the streets. Also, except for the warrior packs, legion affiliation has seem to have gone to the wayside. I saw a vampire and traditions duo that were doing a number on the streets and a warrior and beast duo that was getting people leaving from the walkers zone. I like this execution a lot better. No one knows who to look for and in the small groups the scares can come from anywhere. Also, whatever cast was in Alice Cooper at around 10:40 gets major respect from me. They seem to have every intention of trying to give me nightmares for the rest of my life. Good news for them, it's working.

That would be Cast A for Alice Cooper.. I heard they have more energy than cast B does.

This. Thisthisthis. My experience with the drunks this year was way better than years past. The major problems were with irritating, misbehaving teens. And this comes from somebody who's just turned 18 and is in her last leg of high school.

Don't even get me started on the teens these days (only in my mid-20s as well!)...I don't think I was anywhere near that obnoxious, or at least no one had to tell my friends and I to behave. We had fun but weren't disrespectful or rude to others on purpose. It drives me insane. I've seen better behavior out of thousands of drunk fans at college football games (alumni, the students seem to regress to obnoxious teens when drunk at games).

^ So the hordes of crazy teens are scarier than the HHN themselves :lol:

Basically.

Don't even get me started on the teens these days (only in my mid-20s as well!)...I don't think I was anywhere near that obnoxious, or at least no one had to tell my friends and I to behave. We had fun but weren't disrespectful or rude to others on purpose. It drives me insane. I've seen better behavior out of thousands of drunk fans at college football games (alumni, the students seem to regress to obnoxious teens when drunk at games).

Precisely my situation. I intend on bringing both my best friend and my sister to the event later this month, and I wouldn't even dream of us acting like some of the other teens and young adults at the event. There's no excuse for it. Have a good time, but don't try to ruin it for others.

My first HHN was a year after I got out of high school and we never acted disrespectful, rowdy or anything to cause any problems. Even in my 20s when we started drinking we always kept it in control and never once had an issue.

My first HHN was a year after I got out of high school and we never acted disrespectful, rowdy or anything to cause any problems. Even in my 20s when we started drinking we always kept it in control and never once had an issue.

Unfortunately, my generation isn't quite as respectful, and that had been the case for the entirety of my childhood, too. For some reason, my generation just couldn't outgrow the kindergarten mindset.

But anyway, yeah. All that aside, I can genuinely say that alcohol is now my least concern in regards to Horror Nights, as opposed to years past.

Unfortunately, my generation isn't quite as respectful, and that had been the case for the entirety of my childhood, too. For some reason, my generation just couldn't outgrow the kindergarten mindset.

But anyway, yeah. All that aside, I can genuinely say that alcohol is now my least concern in regards to Horror Nights, as opposed to years past.

Believe me, my generations isnt any better :lol: Ive seen some people my age cause problems and act a fool.