Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 23 Reviews & Photos

You can have the B&T brunette which i'm sure you'd take me up on if I were able to offer but give me the gorgeous curly haired blonde(she wore the blue denim with the orange underneath in the opening number) any day. That girl is just plain beautiful.

I see you guys talking about the girls from the Bill and Ted show, when the real talent is right over the Rocky Horror picture show lol :dance:

I really love the Rocky Horror show this year. Really amazing cast and the girl that plays Janet has such an amazing voice, plus everyone else does such a good job with the dancing and the singing.
Seriously I am pretty blown away by how amazing the Rocky cast is doing. the guy playing Riff Raff Also does such a wonderful job with the singing....
I know some people don't like Rocky, but the cast alone makes this a must see for me. they really pull off an amazing performance.
Not saying anything against Bill and Ted though, I know everyone is doing a good job, But I was really surprised at how well the Rocky Horror cast is doing with their show. I really love it.

I see you guys talking about the girls from the Bill and Ted show, when the real talent is right over the Rocky Horror picture show lol :dance:

I really love the Rocky Horror show this year. Really amazing cast and the girl that plays Janet has such an amazing voice, plus everyone else does such a good job with the dancing and the singing.
Seriously I am pretty blown away by how amazing the Rocky cast is doing. the guy playing Riff Raff Also does such a wonderful job with the singing....
I know some people don't like Rocky, but the cast alone makes this a must see for me. they really pull off an amazing performance.
Not saying anything against Bill and Ted though, I know everyone is doing a good job, But I was really surprised at how well the Rocky Horror cast is doing with their show. I really love it.

RHSP was fab... Rocky and Brad were both rather "easy on the eye"! Very talented cast all round!

I agree on the Rocky reviews. Every one in that cast was perfect. Riff was amazing though. And Rocky, holey abs batman!

Went last night and can easily say that it was tons better than last year. But, alas, here is my review:

NORMAN BATES' HHN REVIEW!!!

La Llorona: The first house of the night. I like the theming, the sets were absolutely gorgeous, but I could see the scares coming before the actual scare. The actors were off time to the sounds as well. I don't know what was up with the night I went, but I never saw it above 45 minutes. I loved the house, but didn't get me as much as I would've liked.

Afterlife: Next house I went to, and the first I used Express on (La Llorona was only 20 minutes). First thing, the electric chair got me good! I don't know why, but it did! Also, I saw the fireworks right before the electric chair scene ;). Liked the Johnny Cash in the que. This house was pretty trippy as well, it got me stumbling in some rooms. Enjoyed it!

Havoc 2: Alright, two things about this house to start with. First, it was probably not the best idea for my PTSD dad who fought in Iraq to go into this house. I didn't force him, he wanted to go in it, but we was really quiet and irritable after the house. Now, the next thing I found pretty funny. I was acting stupid and going "Ha! GAYYY!" to the Dogs of War in the cages, and one of them was like "What'd you say?!" so I repeated it to him. He exited the cage through a curtain in the back of the cage, and in the buffer zone between that room and the next, he jumped out, got me good, and said "WHAT ABOUT NOW?! HA, GAY!" I got scared, yet also laughed pretty hard too. So, in all, I'm kinda on the fence about this house.

Evil Dead: Second favorite house of the year. The facade was weird, as well as the dead zone in the soundstage before the house. This house got me good one time, though. When one of the girls ran down the hallway, I literally jumped a couple feet away. The blood rain was an amazing effect, the sets were amazing (especially the cabin on fire), and the scares were good. High on my list.

American Werewolf in London: Ah, AWil, my third favorite of the night. My step-mother who has a phobia of wolves went in, and it was hilarious. My step-brother, who isn't afraid of much, was sprinting in this house. I gotta give it to the wolves, those things are scary as :censored:. One of the jumps I had, I don't even think it was supposed to be a scare. It was when the policeman came out of nowhere and started shooted at the wolf. As abrupt as the movie ending, but amazing nonetheless. I can see where Aiello's heart was this year.

Resident Evil: Um...was this house supposed to be taken seriously? I mean, the sets were great and all (seems to be great sets this year) but it was pretty meh. I didn't see the "Pause Room" and I only kinda got scared once, when the dog head came out. The game over nod was pretty clever. Not much to say but "meh".

Cabin in the Woods: OMG I CANNOT EVEN. This is what I would've said if I was a tumblr girl (I am not either, just to let you know). My favorite house. The scares were great, the atmosphere was great, the sets were amazing to look at, and it was a top-notch house; one worthy of HHN. The elevator scene got me, the doctors got me, the last room got me. I saw some nice nods (Dead Silence puppet and Jack). Hands down, the best house of the event.

The Walking Dead: I mean, it's not as bad as last years, but it definitely wasn't the best. I was getting pretty tired at this point, so it was a blur, but I remember getting scared quite a few times. The sets were pretty good, and it followed the season. No Governor, though :(. It was an OK house. Not the best, not the worst, but OK.

NOW, MY TOP EIGHT LIST:​
1. Cabin in the Woods
2. Evil Dead
3. American Werewolf in London
4. Walking Dead
5. Afterlife
6. La Llorona
7. Havoc 2
8. Resident Evil

So I wanted to review a lot earlier, but I've been working nonstop since I got back from the weekend of the 4th, 5th and 6th.

1. Evil Dead: I can't think of one time that I went through this house where I didn't get caught off guard by exactly what I should've known was coming. I was so immersed in the sets and the makeup and everything that I forgot every single time that people were going to jump out at me. Best scare of the weekend was when the abomination came out in the blood rain room ran around back of me and around the front from the opposite side of where she was staged. I ran screaming into the next room while everyone looked at me like I was stupid. Very well done.

2. American Werewolf in London: I seemed to go through at the wrong time on this one just about every time I went in, but I got a couple of good startles in the transformation room. The very last time I went in though, I used my express at the beginning of the night and my bf and I were the very first people in on Sunday, the 6th. I couldn't see anything because my eyes hadn't adjusted until the first wolf lunged out at me. From that point everything hit perfectly and I was stunned by how awesome the house was when I hit everything right.

3. Cabin in the Woods: I think I hyped this one up way too much in my mind before going. I will say the greatest strength of the house is that I never had the same experience twice. Once, Mama Buckner ran into the doorway and blocked me from getting into the cabin which was awesome. Once, the surgeons converged with their torture devices and blocked me from moving forward. One time, I hit the cubes with the lights out and when they flickered on everyone was out staring at me with hate in their eyes. That all being said, those things never lined up all at once to really blow my mind and I left overall just a tad bit disappointed.

4. La Llorona: I saw this house last year in LA and I loved it. I thought the puppetry was awesome and I was excited to see how Orlando was going to interpret it. It was fantastic. I noticed new things each and every time I went through and it definitely scared the piss out of my bf more than once. The Pepper's ghost effect was well used and the light effects and the scents were very well done.

5. Walking Dead: I thought the sets were great and I liked the way they laid out some of the scares, but it was lacking in scares and while I've seen a lot of people saying it was better than last year, I experienced the LA Walking Dead house last year and thought that that one was better than this one. Ultimately, it's 5th because the last three were much worse in my opinion.

6. Resident Evil: Great sets, but so many missed opportunities for scares. Every time I went through the house, integral actors were missing from certain areas. Once there was nothing for Leon to shoot at and I only saw the dog through the clothes the third time I went through. The back room of the deli could've had someone banging around the utensils and lunging below the pot rack. The dog was obviously being lifted and pushed through by an actor at an unnatural angle even for a super dog to jump through. The actor in the pause room really destroyed the room for me, even though I thought the idea was kind of dumb to begin with. Overall, I was extremely disappointed and frankly bored walking through.

7. Havoc 2: I went through this house and laughed. I couldn't stop laughing. It was just so tragically funny. The train was pretty. The crash scene was bright. Those are probably the only things I liked about the place. I only walked through this one twice and I could not have imagined waiting more than 10 minutes to go in.

8. Afterlife: What in the holy hell was going on in here? I put on my glasses and basically just Frankenstein walked through blindly. There were lots of colors and lights, but I couldn't see anything let alone notice if anyone was trying to scare me. I left this house dizzy and confused both times I attempted to go through.

American Werewolf in London: Ah, AWil, my third favorite of the night. My step-mother who has a phobia of wolves went in, and it was hilarious. My step-brother, who isn't afraid of much, was sprinting in this house. I gotta give it to the wolves, those things are scary as :censored:. One of the jumps I had, I don't even think it was supposed to be a scare. It was when the policeman came out of nowhere and started shooted at the wolf. As abrupt as the movie ending, but amazing nonetheless. I can see where Aiello's heart was this year.

Resident Evil: Um...was this house supposed to be taken seriously? I mean, the sets were great and all (seems to be great sets this year) but it was pretty meh. I didn't see the "Pause Room" and I only kinda got scared once, when the dog head came out. The game over nod was pretty clever. Not much to say but "meh".

Cabin in the Woods: OMG I CANNOT EVEN. This is what I would've said if I was a tumblr girl (I am not either, just to let you know). My favorite house. The scares were great, the atmosphere was great, the sets were amazing to look at, and it was a top-notch house; one worthy of HHN. The elevator scene got me, the doctors got me, the last room got me. I saw some nice nods (Dead Silence puppet and Jack). Hands down, the best house of the event.

Well I guess if you've terrified Norman Bates you are good haha...
glad you enjoyed it and I've quoted the AWIL and Cabin reviews because I had the same experience you did in them (minus the step-brother of course)

Ok guys even though last night was crazy busy!!! Over 80 minute waits on Evil Dead Cabin, And Wearwoulf and walking dead topping 100 I still got fairly a lot done. And all i can say is it was my best night ever!! For me I was able to get hit by all the scares, see things i never seen before and actually jump a little in a scare zone. First off:

Evil Dead
The first couple times through this house i was pleased with the way it looked and the way that it progressed but was overall not getting a lot of scares, seemed to be missing a lot of them. Well all i can say is that was fixed last night. Every "boo hole" was filled with a scare actor and both times i went though i was able to get a break between me and the group in front of me and kept getting hit with all the scares.. I was glad to finally see mia in the opening room, in the mirror and in the decline going down to the basement..Had all experiences with them each night!!! That house moved up really high on my list last night!!!!

American Werwolf in London
Ok not much to say about this house everybody doesent know about but it seemed to me they moved the first werwolf closer to the screen along with the scare actor. Maybe you guys can comment but i never seen them that close! It was awesome!!!

Lalorona

To me one of my favorite houses and last night just made it even better!!! It seemed all the scareactors were right on point and were getting me every time they could. It also helped i was able to give myself a break from the group in front of me. It also seemed that the effects were heightened, water, fog, and sound... One of my best scares last night!!! Now i will say went back through at end of the night and was kind of a dud..But when i went through that first time and it was just so perfect it makes up for it!!

Scarezones
Ok guys i am just like you and mixed about these zones. To many Z's and not enough good scares more of a photo op. But last night i can admit to some good ones. I let my gaurd down and actually walked trough looking as little as possible and it seemed the actors were right on point! Second the woods scare zone they moved the deer which in my opinion was a great idea!!!! They increased the fog got the photops out of the way and could actually get some good scares in the dense fog, not know if it was z or fellow human. Also the zombies on the tree had motion! never noticed that tonight. Of course the barn is somewhat lame of scares inside but i did get the most scares last night in these scare zones!!

Afterlife
Ok still mixed about this house but for me the 3d makes it disorienting and makes me love it. If i lose track of someone in front of me i dont know were im going and the scareactor take full advantage of it! They also seem to be getting better than previous nights as well!!!

:cheers:

I saw maxes of 120 WD with a portion of ET queue being used. 90 for Evil Dead, 90 for Cabin, and 75 for Resident Evil. The rest topped out at the 55-60 min mark when I was passing by them.

I went the night of sept 28th and while i can go on and on about how great the houses and the event was i don't think that havoc gets the reviews it deserves i thought it was an excellent house much better built than last years house in that location (TWD) it wasn't about gore and blood and mask and stuff but i still thought it was great and honestly got spooked a couple of times. In all, i think its great and provides some diversity (in my opinion)

I saw maxes of 120 WD with a portion of ET queue being used. 90 for Evil Dead, 90 for Cabin, and 75 for Resident Evil. The rest topped out at the 55-60 min mark when I was passing by them.

I think this is honestly insane. i did a wait time of about 40 minutes for this house (TWD) the night i went with the AP early access event and did about half that judging it got up to E.T and i was so bored and tired by the time i got in the house. Havoc had a 5 mintue wait and resident evil 40 min thats all i remember lol... I have a possibly REALLY dumb question... i noticed this year there was no kind of entertainment in the queues like past events such as projectors with videos playing and music and what not... any particular reason? i honestly thought they helped set the mood and take your mind off a bit on how long you've been standing there.

I have a possibly REALLY dumb question... i noticed this year there was no kind of entertainment in the queues like past events such as projectors with videos playing and music and what not... any particular reason? i honestly thought they helped set the mood and take your mind off a bit on how long you've been standing there.

Not dumb at all. Although Havoc does have one this year (hard to see in the daylight, and often drowned out by RHPS next door). From what I've heard/read, these videos are surprisingly expensive to produce. So it's essentially a cost-cutting measure. BTW, I totally agree, a good video (HR Bloodengutz, Body Collectors) can take your mind off the queue and give a nice backstory to a house.

HTF you see what happened last night!!!! They closed WD House for about 30 min untill line got down some...Now they said technical difficulties but i really jus think that there express and regular line were overwelmed. right before they closed they were at like 120

Not dumb at all. Although Havoc does have one this year (hard to see in the daylight, and often drowned out by RHPS next door). From what I've heard/read, these videos are surprisingly expensive to produce. So it's essentially a cost-cutting measure. BTW, I totally agree, a good video (HR Bloodengutz, Body Collectors) can take your mind off the queue and give a nice backstory to a house.

yes this was one of the best to my memory from recent events and yeah i guess that makes logical sense i dont mind the cut if it improves the houses and scares this year the houses were great

Romo, I agree that Evil Dead was on point last night....definitely better than the first couple of weeks, IMO. I thought it was very intense last night.