Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think from a marketing and sales point of view they should bring Walking Dead back, but only as a sub-point and sub-market it. If they make it the focal point again, people will get annoyed and the comparisons to Howl-O-Scream will increase ten-fold and the line will be more blurred. Bring it back, but bring it back not in the fore front.

I think from a marketing and sales point of view they should bring Walking Dead back, but only as a sub-point and sub-market it. If they make it the focal point again, people will get annoyed and the comparisons to Howl-O-Scream will increase ten-fold and the line will be more blurred. Bring it back, but bring it back not in the fore front.
I doubt they would pay that money and push it to side, so to speak.
Has any house got a sequel the next year?

I doubt they would pay that money and push it to side, so to speak.
Has any house got a sequel the next year?

Yup. Scary Tales in 2001 and Scary Tales II in 2002. Other than that, the first few years of the event saw some repeat houses. I'm not sure if they differentiated at all from the editions from the years before though. Also, there's the case of Saws N' Steam being a scarezone in 2010 and a house in 2011. :shrug:

Yup. Scary Tales in 2001 and Scary Tales II in 2002. Other than that, the first few years of the event saw some repeat houses. I'm not sure if they differentiated at all from the editions from the years before though. Also, there's the case of Saws N' Steam being a scarezone in 2010 and a house in 2011. :shrug:

I would take that, the S&S house was giant step up from that zone.
So its been a decade, I say we can wait another ten years for another direct sequel. :p

I don't mind sequels or direct sequels, if you market it all as Walking Dead again though people are going to compare it to Howl-O-Scream.

The contract might have been a multi-year contract with one flat fee and merchandise royalties tied to it. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's what it was. If that's the case, it wouldn't hurt them as much to market is a sub-point. Then they still get to keep their identity and have TWD. I also completely understand how illogical that is, and how if Walking Dead comes back it will probably be heavily marketed or atleast co-marketed along with the focal point.

Can we bring back HR Blood n Gutz???
That was one of my favorite houses EVER!!

I wouldn't be surprised to see them go aftersomething like American Horror story. It is pretty popular and, unfortunatley, they learned last year that tv shows with mass appeal, bring MASSIVE crowds.

Can we bring back HR Blood n Gutz???
That was one of my favorite houses EVER!!

I wouldn't be surprised to see them go aftersomething like American Horror story. It is pretty popular and, unfortunatley, they learned last year that tv shows with mass appeal, bring MASSIVE crowds.

YES to both of them! I loved HR Blood N Gutz ..... Although the wait line sucked (it said 45 min wait, which was actually 2 hours!) American Horror Story would be great, although I would prefer it if it was based in the Horror House of the 1st Season rather than the Asylum.

I want to see Walking Dead back but that's only because I missed last years event and Im selfish as hell!!!;)

American Horror Story is not what I would consider Horror in the vain of a walking dead. And if they do it now they have to do another asylum type haunt IMO. Who knows 4 properties house last year maybe 4 again.

For those of you that did not like the Walking Dead house, had you not watched show before the seeing the house? While I agree it wasn't the scariest house (partially due to the location, especially if you went before sun down where every room was lighted) it was still fun to go though if you were a fan of the series. Walking through the scenes from the show was pretty cool, plus seeing some hidden gems that you would not know about unless you were a fan of the series. And it seemed as though it was consistently the most popular house (based on wait times when I was there). Having a well know and popular IP can only be good for HHN as it will pull more people in, which means more money for Comcast. Which we have seen, they are willing to spend money when they feel money can be made. I will say that was may favorite corner of the park after dark. With the theme music, roaming zombies, station wagon and occasional blast of fire (and who doesn't like that) it was pretty cool. Wasn't the best house, but overall I thought it was a worthy addition to the setlist last year and hope they have Walking Dead or another IP this year.

If they do have WD again, I would assume it would bring in more crowds than last year. So they really would need one more house to soak up the mass of people.

The house was very mediocre. Much like the show.

The whole hospital/store at the beginning and the barn at the end were cool references to the show... but the rest of the house fell flat.. just basic rooms that didn't really tie into the show much, IMO. The "rooftop" room was pretty lame.

The house also just felt WAY too short.

The house was very mediocre. Much like the show.

The whole hospital/store at the beginning and the barn at the end were cool references to the show... but the rest of the house fell flat.. just basic rooms that didn't really tie into the show much, IMO. The "rooftop" room was pretty lame.
I
The house also just felt WAY too short.

I like the show but thought the house was mediocre as well. The barn was lame with no one in there. The RV was lame all it amounted to was a large prop, and the end with the stockade fence with a whole lot of nothing was.... wait for it... lame also. Honestly the only part I liked was the Dead inside and the little girl out front, even though she didn't do a thing but mull around. The WD works, IMO better in open spaces.

I thought a lot of the houses felt short last year.

Walking Dead is a Show based more on Story and character then Walkers. The scenes were familiar but that was all, HHN and HOS have both done better zombie based houses then TWD house. Just because a hosue has a line does not make it good. Case in point one of the worst houses in the HISTORY of HHN...Reflections in Fear Massive lines Terrible House....

- - - Updated - - -

Also at Halloween Extreme they will have some of the creative minds behind HHN doing a panel on Saturday.

Something Ive been learning is that what's popular may not always be the greatest draw for some people depending on what venue you're hosting.

People say its about location, location, location! And while I agree I also think it's about how well it translates into your event.

And from hearing stories of TWD house it doesn't seem like it translated well in terms of a quality house.

I'd love to see some original stuff come out of Uni this year.

I really wanna see an Icon and Theme this year. I went for my first time last year and I absolutely loved it. I really wanna experience scarezones and not roaming hordes. I also have an idea for a house, but don't wanna say after all the negative reception I got for my idea for a Walking Dead Ride at UOR... :embarassed:

I really wanna see an Icon and Theme this year. I went for my first time last year and I absolutely loved it. I really wanna experience scarezones and not roaming hordes. I also have an idea for a house, but don't wanna say after all the negative reception I got for my idea for a Walking Dead Ride at UOR... :embarassed:

You should say your idea for a house anyway, if you get negative reception on one idea it doesn't mean you should stop sharing your ideas.

You should say your idea for a house anyway, if you get negative reception on one idea it doesn't mean you should stop sharing your ideas.

Oh, PK. Well anyway this house wpuld be an SS house and it would be themed around creepypasta's. Now, I've seen many ideas for a house themed to Slender but really all he does is stalk you and wait for the perfect moment to attck and there are so many more great creepypasta's. Jeff the Killer, Smile Dog, The Rake, etc. I was thinking we could be guided by none other, than The Storyteller herself. Either that or a reference to her somehwer in the house. I love creppypasta's and this would be a favorite among many fans of HHN. :saw:

"Spine Chilling Street Experiences" ........so does that mean roaming hordes again? I didn't really mind them but definitely prefer scare zones.