Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

Vyrus

The man with the master plan
Premium Member
Feb 11, 2010
Miami, FL
Never too early to start guys.

Throw out any ideas of things you woud like to see and would hope to see.

Personally, I think they should do a sequel to the Walking Dead but put in a SS, and theme it to the prison, because this season is absolutely insane.

Personally, I think they should do a sequel to the Walking Dead but put in a SS, and theme it to the prison, because this season is absolutely insane.

Please no. Cutting out the walking dead would decrease the amount of people there.:lol:

I'd love to see some version Legions come back next year with some heavier theming in the streets, and less of a roaming aspect. I don't have a problem with some roamers, but I'd also like some set zones.

Also, an actual, dedicated, full fledged lagoon show with a story and setup.

An 8th house is needed. I don't care how they get it, but they need it.

TF will help the crowding a bit. But I don't want to lose Despicable Me. Keep both open. The more offerings the better.

I can take or leave an icon, but if there is one I want a good story. Would love an arrival show, but I know that won't happen.

There aren't a lot of properties that spring to mind for a house, which is good. Maybe Evil Dead.

I want better queues. Seriously, with the amount of theming they do for the actual houses, I want to see the queues have a level of detail. For example, Silent Hill. Why have a crappy video showing, that doesn't tell the guests anything about Silent Hill. Penn and Teller was maybe in the right direction, but it still wasn't that great.

Second, how about a sign at the actual entrance of the house that says what it is? I hate for the soundstages your'e just blindly walking into a building. Why is it difficult to theme the entrance itself?

The scares itself also need improvement. I want better scares. By the end of the event, I was so sick of all the audio queued scares. Not that scary...

How about two scenarios

If their isn't an 8th house:
Multiple Scare Zones and Roaming Hordes
Lagoon Show that clearly explains the theme and isn't just a horror movie montage (this year got a pass because it was the 100th)
Two at most IPs
A Street Experience through Sting Alley or possibly a chain linked fence maze in NY
A Dual Run house or one that is extended
Queue videos/themed queues
Transformers open (Inevitable)
Themed front entrance with a video outside the entrance
Another show

If their is an 8th house:
Scare Zones and Roaming Hordes
Lagoon Show
Two at most IPs
Queue videos
Transformers open (Inevitable)
Themed front entrance with a video outside the entrance

Things that Need to happen regardless:
A scare zone leading straight from the front entrance (seriously walking into the park and getting scare immediately really puts you on edge)
Scare Zones and Roaming Hordes evenly placed throughout the event so that scares are never too far away
Queue videos
Orlando being unique

Things that would be nice:
An icon that gives the year identity (something this year was lacking)
icon house to once again give the year identity
Darker Lighting (HOS was extremely dark this year)
More props and items for scare actors to interact with
Interactive QR codes on your map that would change depending on the map you chose and would lead you through a story of the year

I want better queues. Seriously, with the amount of theming they do for the actual houses, I want to see the queues have a level of detail. For example, Silent Hill. Why have a crappy video showing, that doesn't tell the guests anything about Silent Hill. Penn and Teller was maybe in the right direction, but it still wasn't that great.

Yea...that's NEVER going to happen.:lol:

Way too much money to theme the queues. I can understand more queue videos, but themed queues are definitely not a possibility.

Yea...that's NEVER going to happen.:lol:

Way too much money to theme the queues. I can understand more queue videos, but themed queues are definitely not a possibility.

They could be creative about it. Lighting and some small set pieces could go a long way. Really not that difficult.

Anyone remember Lizardman in the que of one the house that was in Thunder Falls Terrace back when it was at IOA? Was pretty random that he put on a show in one of line but Ill tell you it was entertaining while you waited. I woudnt mind seeing more of that type of stuff while we waited. Also years ago thought that back in 08 (I think) was a good idea how they had the lines for the soundtage houses intertwine inside an empty soundstage and had the movies playing and music going inside. What I remember most was a CM doing almost the whole Thriller dance while we waited and he was good and made for some fun while we waited.

Bring back scarezones!!!

bring back h.r bloodnguts because he just cracks me up haha maybe an inbetween sequel that was hands down the best 3d house i've been in. Scarezones are a must and they should keep the free roaming aspect. i liked sitting there in a lou's and having the vampires come in

Anyone remember Lizardman in the que of one the house that was in Thunder Falls Terrace back when it was at IOA? Was pretty random that he put on a show in one of line but Ill tell you it was entertaining while you waited. I woudnt mind seeing more of that type of stuff while we waited. Also years ago thought that back in 08 (I think) was a good idea how they had the lines for the soundtage houses intertwine inside an empty soundstage and had the movies playing and music going inside. What I remember most was a CM doing almost the whole Thriller dance while we waited and he was good and made for some fun while we waited.

Bring back scarezones!!!

Yes! Sounds brilliant and would be somewhat entertaining while waiting in line.

And it's really not necessary. If it's small, it won't have an effect. Better to put the effort and funds into something that matters.

Agree to disagree. With the wait times this year, anything in the queue would have been useful. What was the number one complaint this year? Wait times....So if you can't make the lines shorter, provide something in the queue.

Agree to disagree. With the wait times this year, anything in the queue would have been useful. What was the number one complaint this year? Wait times....So if you can't make the lines shorter, provide something in the queue.

Themed queue or not, it's not going to make a difference in the wait times. It's just a perk; something pretty to look at when we wait in line. I'm not saying Universal can't throw in a couple of props, but to have an actual theme to the queue is very unlikely.

Themed queue or not, it's not going to make a difference in the wait times. It's just a perk; something pretty to look at when we wait in line. I'm not saying Universal can't throw in a couple of props, but to have an actual theme to the queue is very unlikely.

I'm not really expecting anything...it's just something I would like to see. Like Hockeyman55 stated, having a scareactor in the queue would make it more interesting or winding through a soundstage with the movies would help set the tone. I'm not expecting big facades and rockwork, just something instead of nothing.

At any good haunted house, the queues always set the tone for the rest of the house. I know that HHN is just an event and not permanent, but adding something in the queue would help.

He wasn't really a scareactor, was more of like a circus sideshow performer. But none the less was still something interesting to watch while we waited.

- - - Updated - - -

I think this was the guy, or at least just like the guy they had

Untitled by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

He wasn't really a scareactor, was more of like a circus sideshow performer. But none the less was still something interesting to watch while we waited.

- - - Updated - - -

I think this was the guy, or at least just like the guy they had

Untitled by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

He was at HHN for 2001, 2002, and 2003.

I'm not really expecting anything...it's just something I would like to see. Like Hockeyman55 stated, having a scareactor in the queue would make it more interesting or winding through a soundstage with the movies would help set the tone. I'm not expecting big facades and rockwork, just something instead of nothing.

At any good haunted house, the queues always set the tone for the rest of the house. I know that HHN is just an event and not permanent, but adding something in the queue would help.

I get what you are throwing. It is those kinds of details that make an event like HHN the premier ones. Not an elaborate set throguhout or anything is needed. But queue videos combined with, music, lighting and some plaques or things to read that fit into the theming would work wonders. They actually did that well with Catacombs. I thought some more of that kind of thing would go a long way. In the queue for Catacombs they had plaques with history on the venetian doctors and the plague. Before Run thy had the industrial looking area with an actor dragging a cart of parts in and out. They have had little touches like this in the passed and they can afford that sort of entertainment without breaking any bank. There was no reason for a house like House of Horrors to not have a queue video with previews and clips for the classic Horror films that were featured in the haunt.

Speculation or wish list :lol:

Event returns to IOA and half of USF.

8 Haunts
Carnage Warehouse, Popeye Queue, JP Discovery Center, SS 22 (2houses),SS 23 (2 houses),Disaster Queue

6 zones
Marvel, Toon, JP, Production central, NY, and Hollywood
Potter and Suess are deadzones in event and not operational.

Attractions open
Hulk, Spidey, Doom, JPRA, Mummy, Rockit, and Transformers

8 Haunts
Carnage Warehouse, Popeye Queue, JP Discovery Center, SS 22 (2houses),SS 23 (2 houses),Disaster Queue

6 zones

Attractions open

Awesome idea! I definitely like the idea of making a two-park event, even if one of the parks is only partially used. The only thing I would add would be something in the area where you crossover between the parks, whether it be a scarezone, food stands, or just something to keep you entertained along the way. I've been hoping for a two-park event for quite some time, and after the crowds this year, its obviously needed.

8 Haunts

6 zones

Attractions open

That...sounds awful.

If they're going 2 parks, Potter will be open. JK gets money for every person going into IoA. If that's the case, Potter will be open.

Plus, if they're going 2 parks, I think they have to grow the event and go more than 8 houses, and have MIB and Simpsons open as well.