Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

I read somewhere (I think from Seth Kubersky on Twitter?), that by the second night, Havoc's inflatable walls seemed to have been deflated a bit for better traffic flow. I only did Havoc opening night and not Saturday, so I'll see if I can feel a difference this Friday when I go back.

Doesn't that Werewolf attack scene have a sort of screen in front of it to prevent hands getting to it?
And I hope so about Merman. I don't remember seeing him move in the slightest.

When we went thru Havoc Saturday Briman and Maxair said only one side was inflated but to be honest with you I didn't even notice any inflatable walls :lol:
We didn't make it in Friday so couldnt comment on a difference

When we went thru Havoc Saturday Briman and Maxair said only one side was inflated but to be honest with you I didn't even notice any inflatable walls :lol:
We didn't make it in Friday so couldnt comment on a difference

If you didn't notice them, then they are deflated quite a bit. My husband got stuck in them a little and he said that was his first freak out moment, not being stuck in them, but when he got out, no one was in front of him. So he goes, "Hello..." and of course the scare actors heard him and started going after him. I was in front of him and by the time I realized he was not right behind me, he was a very good distance behind me. It kind of separated us all a little which made the end of the house much better than the beginning.

They're VERY deflated now. When I first went through the house early on Wednesday they were much more inflated and it broke the house up way too well.

I'm sure The American Werewolf in London puppets will take a beating. I know the one attacking Jack in the moors has been having problems due to drunken/idiotic guests. Apparently they're still tweaking with Merman, which is good because it sounds like his appearance is entirely underwhelming after all the hype.

Haven't heard about much else. Bill & Ted should see its usual tightening up/adding quick jokes throughout the run.

Doesn't that Werewolf attack scene have a sort of screen in front of it to prevent hands getting to it?
And I hope so about Merman. I don't remember seeing him move in the slightest.

In werewolf I really do not understand why they didn't just put some kind of fence or a prop or something instead of just a screen in that Werewolf attack. I kind of knew that a screen wouldn't really work because people would try to break it.
they cold have put some type of gate or fence like barrier.

you know what....last weekend i didnt see the chainsaw crew????? did anybody else see them running around?

I did. They were doing this march with a girl leader the one time and then I saw them running around scaring people another time.

What is the little shack setup behind the amity bathrooms right before the bridge? On opening night the stand wasn't open. Is it a prop?

Not a big fan of Stay & Scream this year. Just AWiL opened early in the front of the park (and I believe just one house in the back of the park), rather than the usual two soundstage houses. And then ops was taking in HUGE tour groups, backing the line up even more. May have been a first weeknight thing but I'm not sure it justified the hassle of getting in the park early and the clusterf*** that Finns becomes, Johnny's musical talent aside. They can't find a holding area with more bathrooms?

Not a big fan of Stay & Scream this year. Just AWiL opened early in the front of the park (and I believe just one house in the back of the park), rather than the usual two soundstage houses. And then ops was taking in HUGE tour groups, backing the line up even more. May have been a first weeknight thing but I'm not sure it justified the hassle of getting in the park early and the clusterf*** that Finns becomes, Johnny's musical talent aside. They can't find a holding area with more bathrooms?

I meant to mention all that in my review...I wasn't satisfied with my "jump-start" like I have been in years' past.

Couldn't find a better place for this, but decided to do a marathon run of watching the three films that the IP houses are based off of tonight and it's gotten me even more pumped for next weekend :)

Couldn't find a better place for this, but decided to do a marathon run of watching the three films that the IP houses are based off of tonight and it's gotten me even more pumped for next weekend :)

awesome!!!! i did that before i went even though i saw all the movies!!! it get you even more pumped!!!

I watched Evil Dead (finally) and the movie freaked me out. some of the gore was freaky, but I loved it.
Then i did the house and because of the memories of the freaky parts in the movie I got scared more from the house. The girl with the nail gun got me so good I almost felt on the floor.

Havoc's inflatable wall seemed completely deflated Friday night... Glad I got to experience it fully inflated while it lasted. It was an interesting element.

Yeah, it wouldn't have ranked so high for me if it didn't have that element. Next year I want to go opening night and then also another night later on. It seems some things get better and others get worse.