Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

Yeah, it wouldn't have ranked so high for me if it didn't have that element. Next year I want to go opening night and then also another night later on. It seems some things get better and others get worse.

Definitely! Plus, you never get all the scares in one run of each house, so it's better if you can go through them at least a couple times each :thumbs:

any body been using the online wait times on your phone? wondering how accurete they really are :cheers:

Where did you see this? I wasn't even aware that they had that this year. The only official thing where I saw all wait times posted in one place was on the screen at the front of the park. It would be quite helpful to have something that gave you real time info, even if it is their posted wait times, which we know can be inaccurate sometimes... but it's better than nothing, or having to walk to the front of the park, or worse: going to each house to see which has a lower posted wait time.

Where did you see this? I wasn't even aware that they had that this year. The only official thing where I saw all wait times posted in one place was on the screen at the front of the park. It would be quite helpful to have something that gave you real time info, even if it is their posted wait times, which we know can be inaccurate sometimes... but it's better than nothing, or having to walk to the front of the park, or worse: going to each house to see which has a lower posted wait time.

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/wait-times.html

You have to be in the park for it to work though and I still haven't been able to use it. :shrug:

Anyone notice this?? Was told they are pulling a permit for it and will have people scaring inside of it.

DSCF00301.jpg

Extremely curious. Perhaps they're trying to respond to criticism that the set pieces are few and far between by adding more? I'll be honest, I'm not opposed to the idea, even though the structure is hastily constructed - it fits the theme.

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/wait-times.html

You have to be in the park for it to work though and I still haven't been able to use it. :shrug:

I've been at HHN every event night so far collecting wait time data for Touring Plans, and I've observed that Universal's wait time website is comically wrong at worst, and at least 30 minutes out of date at best.

- - - Updated - - -

That structure is set up behind the Amity bathrooms (Here). Curious indeed...
I believe it was going to be another F&B vendor but I haven't seen it open.

Thursday night felt busier. Rumor has it MNSSHP sold out as well, so I'm thinking kids somewhere are out of school today. Looked like a predominantly school-aged crowd last night; bars less busy than crowd would suggest.

Finally saw the opening ceremony. Clever idea, and I appreciate the attempt to entertain the huge crowd waiting to get in, but the audio was barely intelligible, and unless you're up past the ticket buildings I don't think you see much. I will say people were eating up TWD theme of the show--fanbois may be sick of the IP but gen pop is not. Lots of TWD T-shirts, too.

I'm still not convinced "Taylor Swift" in Bill & Ted isn't the real Taylor Swift playing some elaborate Andy Kauffman-like prank.

Thursday night felt busier. Rumor has it MNSSHP sold out as well, so I'm thinking kids somewhere are out of school today. Looked like a predominantly school-aged crowd last night; bars less busy than crowd would suggest.

Finally saw the opening ceremony. Clever idea, and I appreciate the attempt to entertain the huge crowd waiting to get in, but the audio was barely intelligible, and unless you're up past the ticket buildings I don't think you see much. I will say people were eating up TWD theme of the show--fanbois may be sick of the IP but gen pop is not. Lots of TWD T-shirts, too.

I'm still not convinced "Taylor Swift" in Bill & Ted isn't the real Taylor Swift playing some elaborate Andy Kauffman-like prank.

Agreed on all points!

Wednesday night felt like a light crowd early on, more crowded after 8:00 or so, but not oppressively so. Felt like an older crowd than last Thursday, but otherwise hard to characterize. Definitely more newbies than I would have expected on a weeknight.

Disappointed in that the three "back" houses all were clearly understaffed. No Merle in TWD, obvious empty boo holes in other houses (no one jumping from behind a curtain is one thing, but when a statue alcove is empty, that's a problem).

Nice chat with an attendant outside RHPS. At least one show went to capacity tonight--tho he also joked that half the guests would walk out before it was over. Dovetails with a friend saying he got "shushed" last weekend for doing callbacks. I'm shocked the number of guests who still wander into that show apparently having no idea of it's history.