Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

Apr 6, 2014
Rushmore Academy
With the press packages already being released it's time to start this back up!!!! Any thoughts or next year? Comment down below, but what we do know now....jack is officially coming back!!!!
[video=youtube_share;xupItFF0aK4]http://youtu.be/xupItFF0aK4[/video]

Last edited:
Nintendo has this thing called NES remix, where they take one level each from a bunch of classics ... perhaps this idea could be used to design a haunted house ...

Possible IP: Poltergeist(there is a reboot coming out next year).

I am also hoping for more originals. Interesting side note, Dollhouse and Roanoke had the best use of 'smells', I like it that in these originals there is more such subtlety.

Nintendo has this thing called NES remix, where they take one level each from a bunch of classics ... perhaps this idea could be used to design a haunted house ...

I say that's a possibility although they've already done it multiple times with hallow'd past and other such like it. I really hope we get more originals although IPs are definitely coming. What makes me curious though is how early we've gotten this news especially the icon of all things!!! Could be get more news earlier? Maybe a house and scare zone announcement every month instead of just announcing them all in one week? Could jack be apart of the closing ceremony for 24? Too odd

Last edited:
I think it'll be a total recall back to the past. Maybe not ALL of the icons, but I think we are getting Jack back and some of the best houses from the past back.

We will have an Icon again! :happy:

As sheikra said on the 24 thread every week this year has the potential of being hell week. But I do think with the cutting down of dates will only add to the budget of the event. Now 9 or even 10 houses are possible and that brings a warm and fuzzy feeling to me. Express pass for the win!!!!

But on the topic of returning houses and such I don't see the purpose. In the last 10 years we've had 2 "re run" years (16 and 20). We'd be getting a re run of a re run of a re run. The people on HNN are also wanting Halloween 2 to become a house along with TWD to return. Why? Don't you guys want anything new and spectacular for the 25th year instead of constant callbacks to 18? While I'd like them to reference the
past, they already have. Jack should be the only returning thing in my opinion and hopefully he has another reason to come back too instead of bringing back the carnival of carnage theme and get up. I'm all for the new here and this year has a ton of promise for that

I think a scarezones or house featuring past icons could happen but Jack will probably be the only one that gets a lot of attention. For IPs I'm thinking TWD, AHS, Crimson Peak, and a classic horror movie or two.

Wow, this is awesome. I feel like this super-early hint is HHN throwing the fans a bone, trying to get us as hyped as possible as soon as possible, as if theyre recognizing our lackluster reception to the last few years. My guess is a Sweet 16-esque year, maybe not specifically revolving around icons, but definitely a "greatest hits" vibe. Im also gonna assume Walking Dead will be back...even if it is a tribute-type year, WD is a big part of the event's history now, as much as Jack the Clown. Either way, I think this early hinting is a signifier that they have some of the super fans like us in mind for next year.

To answer the question of why people want Halloween 2.0 or yet another Walking Dead - people are unimaginative. They have very little idea of what they actually want - most aren't creatives capable of developing/selecting new ideas/properties - so they request the most benign, predictable ideas since they're the most immediate and accessible concepts to them.

I wouldn't mind a sequel or two, but here's hoping it isn't just an unnecessary redux of prior successes. Let A&D flex and create something new. After all these forced IPs, I think they've earned it.

To answer the question of why people want Halloween 2.0 or yet another Walking Dead - people are unimaginative. They have very little idea of what they actually want - most aren't creatives capable of developing/selecting new ideas/properties - so they request the most benign, predictable ideas since they're the most immediate and accessible concepts to them.

I wouldn't mind a sequel or two, but here's hoping it isn't just an unnecessary redux of prior successes. Let A&D flex and create something new. After all these forced IPs, I think they've earned it.

Agreed. Even though most of our faves were IP this year (AVP, Halloween, TWD), what I loved about the non-IP houses is that they really felt like classic Horror Nights houses. I hope they bring back some of the hits. A new All-Nite Die In versus a bunch of IP houses would be most welcome.

Can't agree more, I was honestly shocked when people were saying on HNN that they want the purge again along with another alien house. Do you guys really want 24 2.0? I think they deserve it too, it's their 25th!!!! Let em do whatever. Jack brings the crowds in anyways

- - - Updated - - -

If it doesn't come next year I can guarantee it'll be due to Ryan Murphy, he's a PITA.

So ridiculous, any creative head who is skeptical about the quality of universals work has either never been before or has been dropped on its head down a flight of stairs. This season is perfect for this event!!!! Make it happen

I have a feeling your just seeing jack for 2 reasons.

1.) Hes ultra popular and can fit into having him in again (as they have letted Singapore do some magic with him this year)

and 2...

2.) He was the first 'Icon' that made way for all of the other great Icons, CareTaker, Director, Storyteller and then they brought in the usher. Look; this deserves to be a Jack year due to how big he made HHN, he paved way to some of the best icons in any Halloween event.

yea....little fanboy rant but he is that big..