Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 123 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not quite sold on Diagon being the great crowd killer most think. Maybe once Hell Week rolls around but really have you've seen the rides have long waits? Nah because people are doing the houses, hanging in zones or drinking. With as high as prices for this event are. You think people will spend 1-3hrs in Diagon. With all that said I'm just glad it's finally announced and over with.

There was a night last year during the 1st week of October where Mummy was 75 minutes and MIB was 45 mins all night. We needed Diagon and Gringotts BAD.

It's getting increasingly difficult to judge which days warrant express passes and which don't. While later dates during HHN are a must for express, as the event has grown in size and attendance, earlier days that were once sure bets to not need express passes are becoming increasingly more crowded. Being a Thursday in September, it's sure to have smaller crowds then later in the run, but I'm personally wary of doing HHN without an express pass anymore unless I plan on going multiple nights.

Basically if u can't get express you have to be at the gates around 5, 5:30 and just wait.
Then houses will have lower lines until around 8 pm.
Some houses open at 6:30 so it is hard to pick which houses. But lines are good from 6 to 8 (except walking dead) walking dead always had a huge line even early.

Just get early and you'll be good

I think I might go the Express Pass route then to play it safe. Last year was my third HHN, but the first one without Express Passes (got them comped the first two times) and it was definitely the least enjoyable experience of the three.

Yeah. If you are at the front of the line to get through the turnstiles then you can do 2 to 3 houses before some people at the back of the giant blob get in.

I'm not quite sold on Diagon being the great crowd killer most think. Maybe once Hell Week rolls around but really have you've seen the rides have long waits? Nah because people are doing the houses, hanging in zones or drinking. With as high as prices for this event are. You think people will spend 1-3hrs in Diagon. With all that said I'm just glad it's finally announced and over with.

Rockit is 60-120min literally every night of the event, and Mummy is usually 45-75. On busy nights, MiB, Simpsons and Transformers will hit 45-60 as well. On slower nights, yeah those 3 don't really get above the 30 min mark, but roller coasters are HUGE draws for the crowds that attend HHN. And since most people seem to call Gringotts a coaster, and plus it has Harry Potter attached to it, I think this will be just as popular as Rockit, if not more. It will have a much smaller line though, as it's a capacity monster and has no express.

Having Diagon open is a win-win for everyone. More real estate for crowds to flock to, will soak up some of the B&T crowds instead of all of them flooding RUN and Insidious, less people in lines/the streets, and it will make Universal even more money through merch/food/booze/etc. This is a great move, imo.

All the zones had logos......
all the zones... had logos all along...

seems pretty stupid not to put them on the website, Why? :lol: just.. why? that's so bizarre. It literally makes no sense (unless they just made them recently for the media preview. But in that case, still... why? :angry:

Reactions: Clive

seems pretty stupid not to put them on the website, Why? :lol: just.. why? that's so bizarre. It literally makes no sense (unless they just made them recently for the media preview. But in that case, still... why? :angry:

Here are a zillion photos of the media preview and logos and costumes and elevation drawings and sample sets.

Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights 25 Preview

Here are a zillion photos of the media preview and logos and costumes and elevation drawings and sample sets.

Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights 25 Preview

thank you for the link, I saw the video and notice the logos. I know the logos seem like a very small and insignificant thing to have, but every year I like to use the art on the site for wallpapers and stuff. I thought they didn't wanna bother with logos for the streets this year, but they did, which is the bizarre part

I'm probably going on wed 7th. Is that a pretty good time considering crowds? This will be my first HHN. :)
Wednesdays are by far the slowest nights of the event, and considering that's the first Wednesday, I'd expect fairly low crowds. Maybe 75-90min for the highest wait times, and that'll likely just be Insidious, TWD and FvJ.

Now this is the first time they've held the event on this Wednesday, so this may not hold true. But every Wednesday I've gone has been very slow, so I'd expect more of the same.

They held them back just to give you something to complain about, clearly.

Reactions: *Q* and RevFreako

One can reframe it all they want, but it still begs the question as to why they couldn't be bothered to put it online anywhere since it's known that fans like it..

And no, I don't buy that it has to do with "building hype." People were annoyed the art didn't appear, and their appearance isn't going to change any trip plans.

It's a little, nitpicky thing. I think we all know that. But it's a nice bonus that we used to get every year. What if we stopped getting house art on the site? (Well, that kind of already happened.) We've already lost so much in the presentation and lead up to the event, it's just frustrating to lose (or not lose? sort of?) *yet another* thing.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Have any of you guys seen this?
"The Orlando Sentinel also got confirmation from Universal that 'key elements' of Diagon Alley will be available during HHN. However, while Diagon Alley will be opening during HHN, its main attraction, the Harry Potter and the Escape From Gringotts ride, will not."
Its from this link :Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley open during Halloween Horror Nights - SnitchSeeker.com

If thats true, and Diagon Alley will be open, but the Gringotts ride isn't, that's is going to piss a lot of people off. I don't mind seeing as I do stay and scream, plus butterbeer during HHN is always a good thing, just found it very interesting.

One can reframe it all they want, but it still begs the question as to why they couldn't be bothered to put it online anywhere since it's known that fans like it..

And no, I don't buy that it has to do with "building hype." People were annoyed the art didn't appear, and their appearance isn't going to change any trip plans.

It's a little, nitpicky thing. I think we all know that. But it's a nice bonus that we used to get every year. What if we stopped getting house art on the site? (Well, that kind of already happened.) We've already lost so much in the presentation and lead up to the event, it's just frustrating to lose (or not lose? sort of?) *yet another* thing.

Dr. Jimmy mentioned about 2 weeks ago (Post Full Reveal) that he was introduced to a designer for the event during a visit to the park, who had just at that point been assigned to make SZ logos. So they apparently originally didn't think they were needed (No offense to anyone, but I get it. They only appear on the website anyway.), but switched stances for some reason.

I actually found the designer on Twitter. Okay, it was an accident actually. I had said that the Andre gas mask on the RUN EP stuff was French based, but she corrected me, saying it was Brazil based. I thought she might be some insider I hadn't heard of, so I checked her Twitter, and one of her tweets in response to EP Photos was "One of my favorite logos I've ever done: Evil's Roots, one of the street scare zones at HHN this year." I was like oh wow. I won't say her name I guess, because I guess I don't feel comfy saying it? Probably would be fine though.

Part of me is tempted to ask if she would be allowed to or would upload the SZ logos herself (since she has a website).

Have any of you guys seen this?
"The Orlando Sentinel also got confirmation from Universal that 'key elements' of Diagon Alley will be available during HHN. However, while Diagon Alley will be opening during HHN, its main attraction, the Harry Potter and the Escape From Gringotts ride, will not."
Its from this link :Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley open during Halloween Horror Nights - SnitchSeeker.com

If thats true, and Diagon Alley will be open, but the Gringotts ride isn't, that's is going to piss a lot of people off. I don't mind seeing as I do stay and scream, plus butterbeer during HHN is always a good thing, just found it very interesting.

Ok... So what they are basing that on is the newspapers discription of Diagon Alley after stating that it won't have a Halloween overlay. The article quote they are using as proof that Gringotts won't be open doesn't even hint at the possibility that it won't be. It makes zero sense to open Diagon Alley but not open Gringotts.

^ I will help you out there. Her name is Melody Matheny. She is very well respected in high circles in Central Florida and beyond both for her design work and also for her personality. She is heavily involved in the Slice creative network which puts on the audience attended symposiums in the early spring. (the one that Aiello had to miss this past year). She is apparently very busy.

(I wouldn't have posted her name except that she is quite public about it when it comes to her SZ logos this year on twitter)

the event starts in 8 days, Why bother having a media preview?
Or why bother showing costumes and art on the media preview?
Everyone will go anyways, why bother with the "Big reveals"

If you think about it, having stuff to show on media preview is pointless as well since "Everyone will go no matter what"

why bother Having Jack show up at the preview?

why bother making videos for the IP houses on the site... everyone will go to the event anyways