Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 172 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
6 nights so far and some nights i have been there from 4.30 to 1 or just 4.30 to 8. However it is all basically the same amount of walking because on the nights i only stay a few hours I'm walking around side to side of the park hitting the ones I want to hit vs just going along in a more orderly fashion when I stayed the whole night. This does include walking to and from the parking garage.

Hello, all:

New to the forum, but I am not new to the HHN exp. I've been five years in a row now, but this is the first year I am going late in October (the 25th).

I posted this in the RIP tour section, but I haven't gotten many responses. I'm sure someone here will be able to provide some insight.

I was looking at options for Express pass, but it looks like the wait times for Express will still be significantly lengthy that time in the season. LAst year, we waited 2 hours for several houses w/o Express so we are NOT into that.

My question is regarding non-private RIP tours. Any of you had exp with them? How does it go? Where do you meet? Can you still do it if you do the "Stay and Scream" option?

The price point seems too good to be true, as it's only 60 or so more bucks than the express pass. Just wanted to make sure I knew what I was getting into before I decided to purchase. That no wait option is VERRRYY appealing.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Honestly, I found that Express cut the wait times by 80-90% when I was there two weeks ago. Not sure if that continues throughout the season, but I think you're going to see more than the 50% reduction that has been thrown out by commenters in the past.

Honestly, I found that Express cut the wait times by 80-90% when I was there two weeks ago. Not sure if that continues throughout the season, but I think you're going to see more than the 50% reduction that has been thrown out by commenters in the past.
I think it depends on how busy it is. When it's slower they end up selling less express. When it gets busier they sell more and on really busy nights sell out of express and it seems to balance out closer to 50%. Some nights like hell week they often sell out of express and then decide to sell another round of them at a higher price, not sure how they justify that.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Hey everyone! New to the forum, but I have a quick question that I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere. I'm going this Saturday and I know that during the day outside food (that doesn't need heating) and drinks (non-alcoholic) are allowed inside the parks, but do the same rules apply for HHN? We plan on putting some sandwiches, chips, and bottled water in our backpacks in order to preserve time and not have to stop and eat since we are attending on a busy night. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hey everyone! New to the forum, but I have a quick question that I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere. I'm going this Saturday and I know that during the day outside food (that doesn't need heating) and drinks (non-alcoholic) are allowed inside the parks, but do the same rules apply for HHN? We plan on putting some sandwiches, chips, and bottled water in our backpacks in order to preserve time and not have to stop and eat since we are attending on a busy night. Any help is greatly appreciated!
I don't know for certain but I don't think you'd make it past security at the park gate with that. In any case you would have a much better chance doing stay and scream and skipping the security check.

Like anything HHN, it varies. I rarely see them go to 50% wait time, but with a 140 minute line, 20 - 30 is certainly not out of the question, especially with a shift change or a couple RIP tours. Sunday night, there were three full switchback lines set up for Insidious Express that I'm sure Ops was expecting to fill. There's still a ton of walking with most of the houses just to get to the entrance, even if a walk-in, and the long trek back out as well for soundstages. Express is useful--I can't go back now--but it hardly guarantees you'll see everything in 3 hours.

It's not allowed. HHN is more strict - absolutely no outside food/drink allowed. Like the other poster said, if you want to do this, your best bet is to use Stay & Scream, though even now they've been checking bags.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Random Wednesday (10/14) thoughts ...
  • Relatively light crowd throughout--still busy of course, but never felt mobbed.
  • HHN Pumpkin beer was very good. One of the better pumpkin beers I've had. Really liking the idea of themed house beers for events, hoping we get something for Christmas and Mardi Gras.
  • Two runs thru FvJ, one with each cast, were the best I've had. Coming up strong on Recollected for my HotY (tho I had another great run there, too).
  • Happy to report ops at Insidious much less annoying, although conga line still constantly starts and stops, which keeps the house from being an all-time great. Ops decent everywhere, really, except Asylum. Now they don't hand out glasses until the bottom of the facade ramp and, despite a posted 20-minute wait, were telling people to walk thru the house 2x2--physically impossible for most (and a really bad idea) in the first room you hit.
  • Done with AWiL. Each run at this point tarnishes my memory of the original a little more--already what was a top 5 all-time house is now just top 10. On the flip side, have even greater nostalgia now for Winters Night, both Body Collectors, all three Pscyhoscarapy houses, Gothic and Scary Tales.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
Now they don't hand out glasses until the bottom of the facade ramp and, despite a posted 20-minute wait, were telling people to walk thru the house 2x2--physically impossible for most (and a really bad idea) in the first room you hit.
Yeah I've seen the glasses at the bottom of the ramp off and on, really a pet peeve of mine. By the time most people then get the glasses on there just about to walk through the facade. All that work on the comic mural is wasted just because someone doesn't want to stand in the hall. Seems like the first week they were passing them out outside at the merge point.

I don't get the 2x2 thing. It accomplishes nothing. Once the line of 2x2 guests get inside it's virtually impossible to stay 2x2. The ironic thing for me is at the entrance to Run they've been doing this meanwhile the audio recording is telling people to enter single file. I also kind of wonder if this could end up getting them in trouble each house has a capacity limit, while what they are trying to do isn't working if it did it would effectively double the number of people in the house.

I don't.

Hollywood isn't Orlando. Only similarities they share are in name and when they share IP's. Hollywood is a lot smaller event, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did extend it because Hollywood didn't do gangbusters with attendance and profits.

Orlando's Last Day is an event upon itself for the bigger fans, and as a resort they gotta start the process for not only the Concert Series, but the Christmas turn over.