Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 100 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My guess it'll be a loose connection like last year. Just chance presenting horror like theater in her own little world. Kinda like last year with jack

I think we will see two sides of chance this year. As if shes battling internally with both of her personalities.

I really hope this chance house won't be another reflections of fear where the concept is so obscure that it'll make no sense. Really hoping for the best

That thought occurred to me, too. I think they'll play the duality pretty obvious - Psychoscareapy-like asylum sequences, then over-the-top 3D "theatre of the mind" world.

Come to think of it... that's basically the Asylum in Wonderland house. In the same venue, no less.

That thought occurred to me, too. I think they'll play the duality pretty obvious - Psychoscareapy-like asylum sequences, then over-the-top 3D "theatre of the mind" world.

Come to think of it... that's basically the Asylum in Wonderland house. In the same venue, no less.
Yep. Massively creative.

There is an outside shot that Chance could be in Tent MI3, or even a soundstage (which is far less likely). The requel doesn't have to be a soundstage house. The expected COULD be shoved into Shrek (which I would find hilarious). TWD being in a soundstage really threw expected house locations around.

I don't think these connections have to be that deep. They can simply say that everything at the event is in the theater of her mind.

My thoughts on how they would tie everything together are a little different. Her mind is really messed up. She is sitting in a padded cell so her mind is just sitting there thinking. Memories are also a powerful thing. When your stuck with nothing to do, you more often than not reflect on your past memories. In her case, this would be stuff like meeting Jack for the first time, her first kill, etc. We know that everything outside of her house is basically taking place inside her mind. We are walking around her memories.

So, how does this tie into the houses?

Well, Halloween and Texas are easy. She always looked up to them as a child as somebody she wanted to be. She finally got her chance to meet them her first her at the event (which was also their first event). 2007 as a whole was a big year for Chance but meeting two of her idols stuck with her. She loved their work on film and watched them repeatedly...thus she thinks about them often while locked up.

Exorcist is a little different. Chance, deep down, always knew she was not normal. She saw the Exorcist as a child and always wished she could have been Regan because at least her Mom carried about her and wanted to get her better instead of not being abandoned and ignored like Chance was by her mother. This again is a film she watched a lot but her memories of it are not good memories. She would watch when she was depressed and feeling lonely...thus she is thinking of it a lot right now.

TWD is a series she loves simply because she wants to figure out a way to create Walkers of her own that she can control to do her bidding for her. She watches it often for clues and ideas if, and when, she creates her own walker army. It's something she is thinking about a lot while locked away.

AHS (if true) is a show her and Jack tried out for during the Freakshow season but didn't make the cut. However, some of her other circus friends made it on the show and she was able to visit the set. Not making the show was a disappointment at first, but she was happy for her friends and was even able to visit the set. This is generally a happy memory because she got to spend time with her friends at premier parties and such and thinks about these events when she is missing her normal life.

Krampus (if true) was a movie she was greatly looking forward to seeing with Jack. However, since she was locked up at the end of 25, she never got the chance to see it. She is always thinking about the movie and dreaming about what it was like. She hopes to be able to see it soon.

The other original houses can easily be tied to this backstory as well. It's not super complex, but it could work!

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
The tie will be that we are visiting places she is imaging. That's it. Just like the original idea for 2002 was everything Cindy imagined as a kid. Or how everything in 2003 was a movie filmed by the Director. How everything in 2005 was the Storyteller telling the story of Terra Cruentes. How everything in 2007 was a movie (even what wasn't). How everything in 2008 was a phobia (even fairy tales). How everything in 2009 was (again) a movie. How everything in 2011 was the result of a choice given by Luck.

It's not complicated. It's not completely logical. It just is because they say it is. Trying to build "ties" between the IPs is unnecessary.

The tie will be that we are visiting places she is imaging. That's it. Just like the original idea for 2002 was everything Cindy imagined as a kid. Or how everything in 2003 was a movie filmed by the Director. How everything in 2005 was the Storyteller telling the story of Terra Cruentes. How everything in 2007 was a movie (even what wasn't). How everything in 2008 was a phobia (even fairy tales). How everything in 2009 was (again) a movie. How everything in 2011 was the result of a choice given by Luck.

It's not complicated. It's not completely logical. It just is because they say it is. Trying to build "ties" between the IPs is unnecessary.
2005 was kind of its own world basically and the Storyteller was irrelevant beyond the gates...I'd love to see that done again sometime..

Pretty much exactly what I though it would be. I think loose themes like these are the best way to do the event. Make it a novel and it'll confuse the GP and fan base. That and I don't want to hear any dumb fan fics of how Michael Myers hangs out with krampus lol

2005 was kind of its own world basically and the Storyteller was irrelevant beyond the gates...I'd love to see that done again sometime..
Terra Cruentes was its own world, and it was contained in the Storyteller's story. That was actual structure for the entire event.

2015 was actually the only year with an actual narrative running through all the houses and zones of the event. It's very unlikely to ever happen like that again (especially with IPs).

Terra Cruentes was its own world, and it was contained in the Storyteller's story. That was actual structure for the entire event.

2015 was actually the only year with an actual narrative running through all the houses and zones of the event. It's very unlikely to ever happen like that again (especially with IPs).

And, let's be real, outside of Body Collectors and a handful of scare zones, the attractions that year left a lot to be desired... the mythos was much more interesting than the actual brick & mortar execution. (See also: Reflections of Fear, FEAR Revealed).

The only successful translation of website mythos to actual in-park experience was The Usher/Universal Palace -> Silver Screams.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Cole
Well, Halloween and Texas are easy. She always looked up to them as a child as somebody she wanted to be. She finally got her chance to meet them her first her at the event (which was also their first event). 2007 as a whole was a big year for Chance but meeting two of her idols stuck with her. She loved their work on film and watched them repeatedly...thus she thinks about them often while locked up.

Halloween's first appearance was 2014. Chance wasn't at the event in 2014, so I think we can just assume she met Leatherface going with your story. ;)

Halloween's first appearance was 2014. Chance wasn't at the event in 2014, so I think we can just assume she met Leatherface going with your story. ;)

Oh your right! I always confuse Jason and Myers.

Can I like my own post? I need to like one of my own posts.

This mean an announcement is coming soon and you want to like a post you made a while back that first talked about the IP as a possible house?

This mean an announcement is coming soon and you want to like a post you made a while back that first talked about the IP as a possible house?
Well, I don't have to like anything about specific IPs that are getting announced. I want to like a more... Um... Logistical post.

Reactions: georgemoe
Well, I don't have to like anything about specific IPs that are getting announced. I want to like a more... Um... Logistical post.

Oh, so like house locations then? Things getting changed up "last minute" or simply we filled in the blanks wrong and got some house locations wrong from the start? I'm hoping something is happening so if we do get Krampus, it is going in a SS...preferably the one that can get cold.