Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The FFP is tremendously cheap and could charge more and still sell like hot cakes.

And if you wanted to attend the event more than once (which most folks do not) you will find a way to do so.

I don't think any of us are arguing that we do not want a multi visit / FFP option. We do. But don't make it so insanely cheap to the detriment of the experience.

Out of the 4 days I attend HHN, for the last few years, Saturday has been the least headache inducing, most enjoyable experiences. Thursday's and Sunday's are a nightmare and in my experience / conversations it's all FFP.

This whole conversation is playing out like politics :lol: I definitely think FFP will see a price increase this year but not above $150. I'm thinking 130-140 is the new price for FL Residents.

Reactions: s8film40
I have no insight to any of the numbers or anything, but from what I've seen, I think if I had to structure any change, I would stop having the Express pass add on cover every night the ticket is good. Maybe sell the Express add on and have different options at different price points...like one good for the first three weeks, if the person wants more, then a more expensive one for weeks four and five.

I imagine that gets complicated though.

I've always bought RoF, but we have never used it every night it was good for (we did come closer for 25 than any other year).

Anyway, I just hope I am still able to travel up once and get in at least four nights...I imagine if it got too costly, I'd try and save by staying offsite, which would cause my family to eat offsite more as well.

I really do not envy anyone that needs to find the right balance to keep the event's success moving forward/upward!
I can agree with this. I think the express option could be a certain number of uses over the course of the event, like 5 at each house and unlimited for the rides. I honestly kind of regretted getting express last year, I didn't really get a good value out of it and I'm debating getting it this year.
The FFP is tremendously cheap and could charge more and still sell like hot cakes.

And if you wanted to attend the event more than once (which most folks do not) you will find a way to do so.

I don't think any of us are arguing that we do not want a multi visit / FFP option. We do. But don't make it so insanely cheap to the detriment of the experience.

Out of the 4 days I attend HHN, for the last few years, Saturday has been the least headache inducing, most enjoyable experiences. Thursday's and Sunday's are a nightmare and in my experience / conversations it's all FFP.
FFP is only a good value if you use it a lot. For those going 2 nights last year it was about a $25 savings.

Saving money = a good value in my mind.

Right now, with how cheap it is, it gives unnecessary reason for many many many many people to unnecessarily pack the park, to the detriment of the overall event. If you want to experience the event multiple nights, you'll find value the FFP still even w at a higher price point. If you don't care, you'll just get a one day ticket.

Have you seen guest services on HHN? It's not a pretty site. I know it's mostly about money but there's a line where guest satisfaction and quality starts messing w the bottom line.

As for the Express option MY GOD is it glorious. You just get into problems if you're the only person in your party that chose to add it.

Reactions: Clive
This whole conversation is playing out like politics :lol: I definitely think FFP will see a price increase this year but not above $150. I'm thinking 130-140 is the new price for FL Residents.
I agree. I think those of us on either side of this want to see the best scenario for the way we visit the park. Those who use FFP multiple nights don't want to see huge increases, and those who visit a one or two nights from out of town dont want to see crowds increase. The reality is prices are going to go up and attendance is going to increase, Universal calls that success. Other than gradual changes I don't think they're going to mess with a winning formula too much.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
As for the Express option MY GOD is it glorious. You just get into problems if you're the only person in your party that chose to add it.
Yeah as a local I can get around the long lines easily by just going at the right times. Depending on who I was with last year using it meant splitting a group up. It was nice having it as I didn't have to make others make that choice, but many times I just didn't use it. All in all for me it wasn't a great value, certainly it wasn't expensive enough that it wasn't worth the use I did get out of it, but if it goes up quite a bit I have no issue dropping it this year. In my situation it wouldn't be worth much more than what I paid last year.

Remember Thursday and Sunday are on the inexpensive side of the ticket prices and also are close to weekend days, especially if there is a school holiday on Friday or Monday. Wednesday being the bottom of the bucket day.

Dumb additional question, if the park getting to crowded is really the biggest problem then why not open up Mondays and Tuesdays? If we are saying people from out of town are contributing to a significant chunk of the money there would be an additional benefit of trying to keep them for the whole week opposed to a weekend.

Personally I could see FFP getting a medium ($20-$25) increase and FFP+ staying around the same as there is already a spike at that point. Also I know the majority of us know the benefits of getting the FFP + +Express, but on the flip side how many times did we choose not to use express because of the people in our group didn't have it.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I know that Thursday and Sunday are cheaper. I'm just speaking on my last 15 years as a guest and talking to those around me. I also NEVER attend when there's a holiday.

The demand for Monday / Tuesday just isn't there. An event of this caliber has a LOT of overhead and I imagine it'd be hard to make a profit on such nights.

In my little dream world i pretend that universal cares about quality and doesn't want to pack the park to the brim but I know it's a business. I just like to live in my little fantasy world.

I know that Thursday and Sunday are cheaper. I'm just speaking on my last 15 years as a guest and talking to those around me. I also NEVER attend when there's a holiday.

The demand for Monday / Tuesday just isn't there. An event of this caliber has a LOT of overhead and I imagine it'd be hard to make a profit on such nights.

In my little dream world i pretend that universal cares about quality and doesn't want to pack the park to the brim but I know it's a business. I just like to live in my little fantasy world.
I think if another day were added they could do FFP Sun,Mon and Wed and FFP+ Sun, Mon, Wed and Thur. Treat Fridays like they currently do Saturdays and Thursdays like they currently do Fridays as far as pricing. That really is the key to crowding they don't want to get rid of it just move it to less popular times.

I think Universal does care about quality and looks to the crowd level as an indication of that.

Crowds are a problem, and they're not gonna dramatically increase the 1 day tickets to rectify it. They're going to rectify the tickets that allows people to go multiple times.

Perhaps they won't be messing with the ticket options to alleviate crowds, they can also do that by expanding the footprint of the event. Expand to IoA, build an up charge house, open a special bar with craft beers made just for the event, create a house that exits into a merchandise area (I'm a little surprised they haven't already done this with Walking Dead), etc.

Remember Thursday and Sunday are on the inexpensive side of the ticket prices and also are close to weekend days, especially if there is a school holiday on Friday or Monday. Wednesday being the bottom of the bucket day.

Up until 2015, the Wednesdays were only days where local counties had school out on Thursday. There's usually been a method to the madness.

but on the flip side how many times did we choose not to use express because of the people in our group didn't have it.

90% of the in-town people I know--we're talking dozens--either (1) bit the bullet and bought Express or (2) used a GAC. I think the long Express lines are probably driving this as much as anything. People who drop $100 on Express and wait in long lines more likely to complain than those who bought a regular ticket and did.

Perhaps they won't be messing with the ticket options to alleviate crowds, they can also do that by expanding the footprint of the event. Expand to IoA, build an up charge house, open a special bar with craft beers made just for the event, create a house that exits into a merchandise area (I'm a little surprised they haven't already done this with Walking Dead), etc.
Even though the event is growing considerably in size and crowds I dread the idea of 4 days in a row of a 2-park event. 2015 was EXHAUSTING. I imagine the Hogwart's Express would have the longest wait with a two park event.

Even though the event is growing considerably in size and crowds I dread the idea of 4 days in a row of a 2-park event. 2015 was EXHAUSTING. I imagine the Hogwart's Express would have the longest wait with a two park event.

I doubt they would open up the Hogwarts Express, that's just asking for trouble. You'd probably cross parks behind Twister/Fallon like they did in 2004, with a scarezone back there and everything.

I doubt they would open up the Hogwarts Express, that's just asking for trouble. You'd probably cross parks behind Twister/Fallon like they did in 2004, with a scarezone back there and everything.
Why would you not open it? Regardless of HHN, I would KILL to arrive in Hogsmeade at Night

I still dream such a dream that they could mix Halloween and Potter. How surreal and amazing.

Why would you not open it? Regardless of HHN, I would KILL to arrive in Hogsmeade at Night

I still dream such a dream that they could mix Halloween and Potter. How surreal and amazing.
While it probably wouldn't be as bad as most of us would imagine, giving groups of 8 private enclosed cabins in the HHN environment could be bad. People do feel a little more inclined to act more rowdy at HHN.

Reactions: Cole and traveller
While it probably wouldn't be as bad as most of us would imagine, giving groups of 8 private enclosed cabins in the HHN environment could be bad. People do feel a little more inclined to act more rowdy at HHN.
Valid point that I completely absolutely forgot about.

The obvious answer to lowering rowdiness through lower/no alcohol sales. But even if that were to go I can't think of way to eliminate rowdiness completely.

Valid point that I completely absolutely forgot about.

The obvious answer to lowering rowdiness through lower/no alcohol sales. But even if that were to go I can't think of way to eliminate rowdiness completely.
Yeah the alcohol isn't going anywhere. I wouldn't expect them to do it but they could run it with the cabin doors open. Definitely ruins part of the experience, but I've actually always wanted to see the view from the train as it makes its trip!