Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mike's Tweet last night about a requel was in response to the question "will there be any sequels to original houses this year". Thus it was not about an IP. The requel which is a stupid word for something in-between a remake or reboot and a sequel or acts like both (Evil Dead 2 is a good example) would be for an original house. This opens numerous possibilities.

Mike's Tweet last night about a requel was in response to the question "will there be any sequels to original houses this year". Thus it was not about an IP. The requel which is a stupid word for something in-between a remake or reboot and a sequel or acts like both (Evil Dead 2 is a good example) would be for an original house. This opens numerous possibilities.

Oh man. I would always take any sort of house with Body Collectors in it.

I'm hoping for that or something with Dollhouse. I wasn't able to experience Bloodngutz, but the premise sounds really interesting.

Hmm, requel could be used in the sense of AWIL, updated effects and extra scenes to an existing house. I'm down with it, hope it's from a great original house in the past that few got to experience.

In the latest episode of scare zone (an HHN podcast) they did an interview with Jason Surrell and he mentioned there was a dream IP he lost his mind over that him and Aiello are crapping their pants in excitement over. My god, after chainsaw and exorcist both being giant names I could only imagine what it could be

Hmm, requel could be used in the sense of AWIL, updated effects and extra scenes to an existing house. I'm down with it, hope it's from a great original house in the past that few got to experience.

In the latest episode of scare zone (an HHN podcast) they did an interview with Jason Surrell and he mentioned there was a dream IP he lost his mind over that him and Aiello are crapping their pants in excitement over. My god, after chainsaw and exorcist both being giant names I could only imagine what it could be

To be fair, I think that that interview with Jason was recorded prior to The Exorcist announcement.

There's one point where the host is talking about what's coming for this year, and he only mentions Chainsaw.

It could still be something different, but I took it as he was probably referencing Exorcist.

Reactions: Cole
That's possible, alto ugh while excited for the announcement, I don't think Aiello was as estatic as he was when Jason talked about this Ip. Whatever works

On the topic of other forms of media deserving second chances at HHN. I would love more band houses. They have tons of potential and I would love to see their version of black sabbath or rob zombie. This is definitely a pipe dream but the band ghost would make for an amazing house. Gothic architecture with different versions of papa and the nameless ghouls popping out. That would be incredible

The first house to start is Tent Uno..

It's interesting in the past they've always said the first to start construction is the outdoor queue locations, I would have thought if the MIB queue was being used it would be the first to see construction. Although I'm sure there are many other factors involved.

Great news!!! I'm sure if anything happens in the MIB queue, we'll be able to see it soon enough, this will be an interesting year for construction. I doubt we'll see anything from it due to all the locations being used. No clown arm sticking out of the disaster queue this time

MIB may be delayed because how late in the process the location was finalized.

Wasn't there a picture floating around the other day of some walls that went up in the MIB queue? Nothing major, but good evidence that they planned on using it this year.

Construction pics are officially up on HHN - Orlando Twitter account.

Start the "no-way-we-can-possibly-know" speculation now...

No clue, aside from very likely being an unknown Original. The requel, if it's what I think it is, is nearly guaranteed to be in a soundstage. An IP is in Parade.

No clue, aside from very likely being an unknown Original. The requel, if it's what I think it is, is nearly guaranteed to be in a soundstage. An IP is in Parade.

Yup. Mike confirmed on Twitter that Cobweb is indeed an original.

What's your best guess on the requel? I don't remember seeing your take.

Yup. Mike confirmed on Twitter that Cobweb is indeed an original.

What's your best guess on the requel? I don't remember seeing your take.
I haven't said because I'm too informed. I can say I'm confident it matches a rumor from a couple months back, it's over 5 years old, and it's my favorite house (I wasn't cast in).

Reactions: SeventyOne
I haven't said because I'm too informed. I can say I'm confident it matches a rumor from a couple months back, it's over 5 years old, and it's my favorite house (I wasn't cast in).
Were you on the Vault? Or HNN? This may help my guess.

Castle Vampyr I will just always demand. And cobweb kinda matches.

But the rumor a few months back was for a Ghost Town rematch. Which, matches cobweb in a LOT of ways.

Gotta be GhostTown.