Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 85 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Guns in houses aren't scary, far from, they're just really uncomfortable in a bad way. Swing a machete or knife at me all you want, but pointing a gun directly at my face and pulling the trigger with a sound effect? That just goes too far in my opinion, I'm fine if it's pointed at something else like how the main dude from RE was shooting a zombie but still. At this day in age (and now with the location literally being in Orlando), it's just insensitive. Atleast they aren't turning the blood green
Everyone has different fears. What scares one person may not scare another, having a diverse range of elements ensures there's something for everyone. For me for example the scariest thing I ever saw in a house was the nail gun in Evil Dead. I have a very good sense of it's not real so things don't really scare me, I have a hard time believing the guy with the knife or whatever is actually going to harm me. In the back of my head I kept imagining someone doing some work on that scene earlier in the day and leaving their nail gun sitting there by accident and the scare actor picking up the wrong one. I'm sure for many that scare was nothing at all. For some people guns are a good scare and for some their not.

Reactions: Brervixen
Everyone has different fears. What scares one person may not scare another, having a diverse range of elements ensures there's something for everyone. For me for example the scariest thing I ever saw in a house was the nail gun in Evil Dead. I have a very good sense of it's not real so things don't really scare me, I have a hard time believing the guy with the knife or whatever is actually going to harm me. In the back of my head I kept imagining someone doing some work on that scene earlier in the day and leaving their nail gun sitting there by accident and the scare actor picking up the wrong one. I'm sure for many that scare was nothing at all. For some people guns are a good scare and for some their not.

It's not about scares at this point, it's about just being in bad taste.

I thought the conjuring 2 was great and it might be a mistake to not have it in Orlando this year. That and the first conjuring are two of the biggest horror openings ever. Any rumors as to why they wouldn't be doing it if Hollywood is?

I agree things like this shouldn't change things. Entertainment events like this are supposed to be our escape from the real world and allow us to immerse ourselves in a world of fiction.

The problem isn't actually people getting offended it's the media. The media is always looking for a sensational story and if they get wind of anything that could even in the slightest be incesnitive to the recent tragedy it will be the perfect excuse to bring back up a story that currently is getting huge ratings. Universal will definitely need to be on guard to avoid any PR issues. It's sad that it has to be that way but this is just the way it works.

Agreed. I can see it now: Tonight on Channel 7 News. Parents are outraged at Disney for not closing the Peter Pan ride. My little Timmy was horrified when when we flew above that alligator snapping at us. How could Disney be so insensitive!

Think about it this way. There's a chance that people who were there that night will want to come to HHN to escape. To point a gun in their face as part of the event when they've personally experienced gun violence is much more real to them than a machete or a chainsaw. That's why we're talking about guns and their place in this event this year.

Reactions: Cole
Agreed. I can see it now: Tonight on Channel 7 News. Parents are outraged at Disney for not closing the Peter Pan ride. My little Timmy was horrified when when we flew above that alligator snapping at us. How could Disney be so insensitive!
I assume you're referring to the other tragedy that just took place over at Disney?

Just the other day I was reminiscing about the 1st time I went to Florida. I was maybe 10 years old at the time. I remember convincing my uncle to pull over on the side of the road so I could stop and go fishing in a really weedy area. He kept warning me that it isn't always safe to do stuff like that down there because of the gators and even certain snakes that could get me. In Rhode Island, we definitely don't have to worry as much about stuff like that when fishing. At the time, I didn't take him serious at all and I honestly thought he was just messing with me. However, looking back on it now, I don't think I would go to that same spot now and I'm a fairly large guy. When I read about what happened at Disney, it just reminded more of that day.

Anyways...
The way the media gets people all worked up, I wouldn't even be surprised if someone complained about the Peter Pan alligator.
I don't think we have to worry too much about them taking away alligators at HHN though.

So far we really haven't gotten any houses with a heavy gun presence. Doesn't look like we'll get any more either besides ghost town witch is more stylized than real so I don't think it'll be an issue

Think about it this way. There's a chance that people who were there that night will want to come to HHN to escape. To point a gun in their face as part of the event when they've personally experienced gun violence is much more real to them than a machete or a chainsaw. That's why we're talking about guns and their place in this event this year.
There are who work at both HHN AND Pulse. The club has hosted a couple of cast parties. They're linked.

The other dance thing is strange. Either they are casting for a 2nd show like Jack had that required dancing or they are doing something else. I wouldn't mind seeing something like the Death Drums they had in 2011. Never got to see it in person but it looked pretty cool from youtube videos. While not scary in any way, it looks like it brought a fun energy with it. I am just going to hold out hope that Chance is getting her stage show after all though.

I saw the Conjuring 2 last night. Probably one of the better jump scene movies I've seen in awhile. I know it's already been dismissed as a possible house but I really hope everyone is wrong! I think Conjuring will be the Mega House

I saw the Conjuring 2 last night. Probably one of the better jump scene movies I've seen in awhile. I know it's already been dismissed as a possible house but I really hope everyone is wrong! I think Conjuring will be the Mega House

It seems unlikely at this point that Conjuring is the mega-house. Those that know seem to have a good idea of what house will be, and those are the same people saying "no" to Conjuring.

On the flip-side, James Wan and friends are really doing some interesting stuff building a Conjuring "Universe". They have plenty of material to build a giant house out of at this point. Between two Conjuring movies, Anabelle (and its sequel), and the just announced "Demon Nun" spin-off (and rumor that that movie could tie into Anabelle 2) they could really do some interesting things there.

Plus, a Crooked Man puppet jumping right in your face would be pretty effin' terrifying.

I don't think Conjuring will be in this year's lineup, but it certainly seems more of a "when" than an "if" it comes down the line. It has unreal potential.

It's tough because I feel we have more IPs than ever this year. They typically do 3-4 IP announcements then do the reveal of everything else plus an IP. With H2, Krampus and the mega house IP (along with all the originals) who knows how they'll pull it off