Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 166 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
whats with the music this year? I heard a bunch of Radio friendly rock and some Dubstep? i think i Heard Linkin Park lol. it doesnt feel like HHN is talking place at all, kind of strange. I know they had some upbeat music like that last year but now it doesnt feel like HHN at all.

(Chance is Definitely pretty disappointing and not worth a long wait. it's a shame, A house in the Style of PsychoScareapy with Chance in charge would have been nicer to see. we got what we got and that's that but this is a really bad icon house, might be worse than Bloody mary)

Reactions: RogueAntilles
whats with the music this year? I heard a bunch of Radio friendly rock and some Dubstep? i think i Heard Linkin Park lol. it doesnt feel like HHN is talking place at all, kind of strange. I know they had some upbeat music like that last year but now it doesnt feel like HHN at all.

(Chance is Definitely pretty disappointing and not worth a long wait. it's a shame, A house in the Style of PsychoScareapy with Chance in charge would have been nicer to see. we got what we got and that's that but this is a really bad icon house, might be worse than Bloody mary)

Aw, man, don't tell me this. I'm trying to get excited for next week and this is not helping, lol.

Awkward night for us tonight. We just never got into a good flow and had some bad luck. I feel rather fortunate that we can go multiple nights and I would never judge a house based on one walk through.

My wife was real excited for AHS so she just had to do that first. I'm just not sure when the best time to hit that first house by the gates is. Stay and scream for it does sound like the best bet. I recall last year for the 25th anniversary house, one night we drove up for the night and we hit that right at General opening. The posted wait time was not bad, but it took a lot longer as it seemed a steady flow of VIP tours kept coming...

This year, we got into the park at 6:33, the posted wait was already 95 minutes. My wife had to start there and with express it did take a minimum of 45 minutes and probably closer to 55 minutes.

Seems like a great house, but the folks in front of us kept running backwards at every scare smacking into me and all...they finally got a bit away from us, but this one kid who didn't speak English just wouldn't proceed through the house, he kept getting in the middle of my family and I couldn't explain to him to either go ahead or behind, but not mixed in between us....too strange.

Had dinner, then went to Krampus...they scanned our express, line didn't seem too bad, but then it seemed the line line was just stopped. After about 20 minutes (could tell they were not letting anyone in) a big group on the media tour showed up..after another 10 minutes they told them they were leaving...so we bailed.

Just a bad start...next house, got behind some backward running folks again who grabbed me and my wife...had a couple good houses after that, but left kind of early...just on odd off night for us. Hopefully we find a better grove tomorrow!

And again, we are fortunate that we can go a few times for I do not know what I would think of this event if tonight were my only experience of it :)
I have to agree with you about it being an off night. Several houses we waited 45-55 minutes for express. Entirely too many people using express tonight. But ghost town, TCM and exorcist were the best houses tonight. The highlight of my night was seeing chandler riggs (Carl) from The Walking Dead in line for a VIP tour.

I did 8 houses tonight. 6 with 2 repeats and didn't wait more than 30 mins. Didn't do WD, exorcist, or Krampus. Could have done 2 more but we took off around midnight. Also saw bill and ted.

Reactions: snayberry
Aw, man, don't tell me this. I'm trying to get excited for next week and this is not helping, lol.

houses are definitely very very strong though, I think everyone will be happy with the houses this year. Tomb of the ancients might be one of the greatest houses done in a tent (I cant believe it was in the tent, it felt like a stage house. the ending is one of my favorite endings of any house.
Halloween was a great successor of the first one and they were able to pull off recreating the movie, if you liked the first house you would love this one. Texas chainsaw was very creepy. the props are kinda yucky (like old and dusty looking) and the leatherface guys were excellent. it was very creepy all around. Ghost Town and AHS are really really good too.
as far as the Lunatics house, if you liked Alice in Wonderland you would like this one but I just hate that the house is basically just a bunch of painted walls and nothing more. I've never liked 3D houses because the rooms feel minimalistic.

I think you will have a lot of fun. I had fun its just that the music put me in the wrong mood. IT didn't feel like HHN it felt like you were walking around City walk
I cant remember the exact songs but it felt like The Used was playing at HHN. it just took me off the horror mood.

Reactions: Joel and snayberry
houses are definitely very very strong though, I think everyone will be happy with the houses this year. Tomb of the ancients might be one of the greatest houses done in a tent (I cant believe it was in the tent, it felt like a stage house. the ending is one of my favorite endings of any house.
Halloween was a great successor of the first one and they were able to pull off recreating the movie, if you liked the first house you would love this one. Texas chainsaw was very creepy. the props are kinda yucky (like old and dusty looking) and the leatherface guys were excellent. it was very creepy all around. Ghost Town and AHS are really really good too.
as far as the Lunatics house, if you liked Alice in Wonderland you would like this one but I just hate that the house is basically just a bunch of painted walls and nothing more. I've never liked 3D houses because the rooms feel minimalistic.

I think you will have a lot of fun. I had fun its just that the music put me in the wrong mood. IT didn't feel like HHN it felt like you were walking around City walk
I cant remember the exact songs but it felt like The Used was playing at HHN. it just took me off the horror mood.

Thanks for breaking it down. Did you go last year? Did you find the houses stronger this year? I didn't really care for Run and Bodycollectors.

Would you mind posting like a step by step of your night?
I wanna draw out what I should do.
Hello Kitty S&S. Waited by where they let you out so I was 9th into AHS. Got out of AHS at 5.55 and wasted 10 mins walking down to WD and trying to wait for ghost town before they said it was delayed. Go to H2 which was a 10 min wait, right into tomb which was 5 mins. Skip Texas as it was posted 35 and wait 15 for chance. Go back to Texas still posted 35 but only wait 25-30. Walk though some zones then when we walk by ghost town it says 30 so we hop in and wait 20. After that we get some more zone action in and go see the 9.45 B&T. After that we grab a bite and wait 20 mins to do tomb again. Then wait 15 to do ghost town again when it was posted 30. At this point it was midnight. WD was 30, exorcist was 45, and Krampus was 50 so we left cause we didn't wanna wait. I'll be back tomorrow and will start with AHS again and then possibly try to hit the stuff we missed. Both GT and tomb were short lines later. When we left GT was posted 15 and tomb 5.

Reactions: Joel
Hello Kitty S&S. Waited by where they let you out so I was 9th into AHS. Got out of AHS at 5.55 and wasted 10 mins walking down to WD and trying to wait for ghost town before they said it was delayed. Go to H2 which was a 10 min wait, right into tomb which was 5 mins. Skip Texas as it was posted 35 and wait 15 for chance. Go back to Texas still posted 35 but only wait 25-30. Walk though some zones then when we walk by ghost town it says 30 so we hop in and wait 20. After that we get some more zone action in and go see the 9.45 B&T. After that we grab a bite and wait 20 mins to do tomb again. Then wait 15 to do ghost town again when it was posted 30. At this point it was midnight. WD was 30, exorcist was 45, and Krampus was 50 so we left cause we didn't wanna wait. I'll be back tomorrow and will start with AHS again and then possibly try to hit the stuff we missed. Both GT and tomb were short lines later. When we left GT was posted 15 and tomb 5.
I appreciate it, thanks.

Reactions: Joel
Thanks for breaking it down. Did you go last year? Did you find the houses stronger this year? I didn't really care for Run and Bodycollectors.
I haven't done everything but the houses feel a little bit stronger so far. I would say Lunatics house is this years' Run (But worse quality since Run at least had real sets) word of mouth of the other houses i haven't done is very strong. so yes. i think these houses are very strong. (I hated the purge house and Alice. this year almost all of them look good) I feel that the streets last year were a little better. it might be too early to say (the Jack show might have been better too)

Last edited:
Reactions: snayberry
Don't want to say too much bc this isn't the review thread, but I went in all the houses tonight & I think this year all of them are solid. Good thing I can go multiple nights because I was too busy screaming and ducking in every house to even pay much attention. I can say that my favorite house tonight (to my surprise) was Krampus, haven't seen the movie yet but the set was great and those elves were scary. Zone wise, I liked last year's much better.

The only problems I had were that Krampus had a technical difficulty when my friend and I went to do it so we had to come back to it at a later time. This also happened with the Walking Dead. As soon as we got in line they told everyone to turn around. They said it was a technical difficulty but I heard people say there was an ambulance, I'm not sure.