Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 187 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I find it weird that they aren't offering this Sunday as a make up date because you would think the people impacted would be here this weekend already. Unless they are just erring on the side of caution and will asses the aftermath before potentially offering Sunday.
Yeah, I kind of expected them to offer Saturday and Sunday. HHN is a very local driven event and a lot of locals will have other stuff to deal with so could help fill the event those days. Of course on the other hand they could be a little short staffed immediately following the storm. I'm sure this is one of those things where for those who make their case to guest services they will be a little lenient in trying to accommodate them.

Yeah, I kind of expected them to offer Saturday and Sunday. HHN is a very local driven event and a lot of locals will have other stuff to deal with so could help fill the event those days. Of course on the other hand they could be a little short staffed immediately following the storm. I'm sure this is one of those things where for those who make their case to guest services they will be a little lenient in trying to accommodate them.
I'll be up there so I will see if they are operating in some limited fashion. I have a friend that flew down from Connecticut and we were going to go Friday, but luckily he didn't buy a ticket and we are going Sunday.

Hmmmm guess so. Figured people would be busy this weekend and maybe road issues, but didn't think about Columbus Day.

A question about timing HHN.

We're driving down next Thursday (10/13) and should get to our hotel by 9:00PM (staying offsite the first night at the Fairfield on Vineland).

We'll need to check in there, drive over to Portofino or to the parks to get our Will Call HHN FF Plus passes, then head into HHN.

My questions are:
  • If we get to our hotel by 9:00, I'd think we could probably get to the Universal parking deck around 10, and in the park by 10:30. Does that timeline seem right?
  • Which would be easier, Will Call kiosk at Portofino or at the parks?
  • If we're able to do HHN from say 10:30 to midnight that night, how much do you think we could done? Two houses? Three?
We'll also be doing HHN on Friday (14) and Sunday (16). Expecting those nights to be busy and wondering if it's worth the stress to try to make it there Thursday night to knock out some stuff.

We're driving down next Thursday (10/13) and should get to our hotel by 9:00PM (staying offsite the first night at the Fairfield on Vineland).

We'll need to check in there, drive over to Portofino or to the parks to get our Will Call HHN FF Plus passes, then head into HHN.

My questions are:
  • If we get to our hotel by 9:00, I'd think we could probably get to the Universal parking deck around 10, and in the park by 10:30. Does that timeline seem right?
  • If we're able to do HHN from say 10:30 to midnight that night, how much do you think we could done? Two houses? Three?
We'll also be doing HHN on Friday (14) and Sunday (16). Expecting those nights to be busy and wondering if it's worth the stress to try to make it there Thursday night to knock out some stuff.

Hey I arrive that day too! They close at 2 AM that day and the lines usually die out towards the end of the night. So you should be able to knock 2 or 3 houses that night and do a few rides.

If you don't have express your best bet is to go right when they open each day you arrive to knock out some houses. Do some rides/shows during event then more houses towards end of the night. Some of those lines get really ridiculous so you have to be resourceful with time. The sound stage house seem to be some of the best ones to do quickly since the entrances /exits are close to each other.

If you want to do the houses multiple times I would go Thursday. If you just need to do them once then you should be able to do them all Friday and Sunday with correct planning.

10:30 - 11:00 in the park sound about right.
I don't know which would be better though for the Will Call Kiosk or at parks question.

Hopefully this post sounded coherent. I don't post much. haha.

Reactions: Cschaaf
Hey I arrive that day too! They close at 2 AM that day and the lines usually die out towards the end of the night. So you should be able to knock 2 or 3 houses that night and do a few rides.

If you don't have express your best bet is to go right when they open each day you arrive to knock out some houses. Do some rides/shows during event then more houses towards end of the night. Some of those lines get really ridiculous so you have to be resourceful with time. The sound stage house seem to be some of the best ones to do quickly since the entrances /exits are close to each other.

If you want to do the houses multiple times I would go Thursday. If you just need to do them once then you should be able to do them all Friday and Sunday with correct planning.

10:30 - 11:00 in the park sound about right.
I don't know which would be better though for the Will Call Kiosk or at parks question.

Hopefully this post sounded coherent. I don't post much. haha.

Thank you. Your post made perfect sense.

We don't have EP, so we will do Stay & Scream on Friday and Sunday.

I'd love to stay to 2am, but my wife falls asleep on the couch at 9:30 every night, so keeping her out to midnight will be a stretch as it is. lol

Thank you. Your post made perfect sense.

We don't have EP, so we will do Stay & Scream on Friday and Sunday.

I'd love to stay to 2am, but my wife falls asleep on the couch at 9:30 every night, so keeping her out to midnight will be a stretch as it is. lol
Thursday you can check the app for the current waits for the houses to see if it is worth heading over. Also pick up the tickets from the machines at the park. Going in at that time the front will be empty and you will have no issues. Have a fun time!

Reactions: Cschaaf

My questions are:

FYI the parks will be open till 2am for HHN, so if you get in at 10:30pm you'll have 3 1/2 hours, not just 1 1/2. I'd focus on the shows at first then after midnight look at going into houses.

Thursday you can check the app for the current waits for the houses to see if it is worth heading over. Also pick up the tickets from the machines at the park. Going in at that time the front will be empty and you will have no issues. Have a fun time!
Ha! Never thought of checking the app first, good idea!

I figured the park kiosks wouldn't be too bad a that time, but wasn't sure. That will save us a bit of time, thanks!

FYI the parks will be open till 2am for HHN, so if you get in at 10:30pm you'll have 3 1/2 hours, not just 1 1/2. I'd focus on the shows at first then after midnight look at going into houses.

Yeah, sorry. I was saying 1 1/2 because that's all I can probably convince my wife to do that night.

We'll probably watch the Academy of Villains show, but aren't interested in B&T. Did that two years ago and it wasn't for us.

I'm actually a little surprised they're as behind as they are getting stuff back up. The first AoV is in a few hours and I'm not sure it's going to happen.
image.jpeg

Funny thing all the bars are back up but not the food carts, guess we know what the priority is.:)

My questions are:

Well the tents never get that crazy. U could try to get the tents and chance house done Thursday. Or halloween. Maybe.
Ghost town doesnt get as crazy as the other ones in the front.

I think sunday might me much worse than thursday, sunday tends to fill up quick

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
Went tonight, AoV did their show on the ground in front of the parade gate. Stage area was fenced off. Appreciate their game effort, but sight lines were horrible unless you camped out.

Interestingly, all of the temporary bars were back up. None of the temporary food stands were. For those of you who still think this will ever be a "dry" event. Alcohol revenue is clearly the gasoline that propels it.

Other than the above, no noticeable storm-related changes. (Didn't look for banners in Chance SZ.) Crowds were surprisingly managable.

Two things I think are new. New snowmen and snow in Krampus (in addition to existing snowmen), and a Lara Croft-esque voice-over outside Tomb.

Reactions: Joel and s8film40
Interestingly, all of the temporary bars were back up. None of the temporary food stands were. For those of you who still think this will ever be a "dry" event. Alcohol revenue is clearly the gasoline that propels it.

And strangely less noticeably drunk people than a regular day at Epcot.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Hey guys! :) Long time lurker here and I have some questions about HHN. Feel free to move this if there's a better thread for it.

So I'll be going to HHN on thursday, october 27th. One night, no express pass or anything (I'm going with a large group of friends that live in orlando, and I coudn't convince them to pay more for express). The thing is, I'll literally be flying into orlando on that same day. If there's no flight delays, I should be at Universal at around 5:30. But assuming there may be a slight delay, I may be a little "late" to the event, meaning I won't be right at the gates when they open.

If I arrive at Universal after gate opening, say 7:00-7:30, will I be completely screwed as far as wait times go? I'm asking because I went to HHN25 last year and we were first at the gates when they opened, we banged off 2 houses before the rest of the herd even got into the park and past the first scarezone. I may not get that head start this year.

Also, what are my chances of doing AHS? I really want to do it, obviously, but from what I'm hearing we're getting 100-160 minute waits every night, which I'm not doing. At around what time in the evening do wait times drop for AHS, IF they even do drop? And assuming I do make the gate-opining, is it best to run to AHS right at opening time, or will it already be full of stay-and-scream people?

I know I'm probably overthinking it all, but like I said, it's one night only, no express, and I'm literally flying to Orlando JUST for this event. Any other advice to make the most of my night would be appreciated!