Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 103 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

50's Sci-fi Scare Zone based on the TV Show "Creature Features".

Description says:

"Creature Features also aired many "nuclear monster" and "space alien" science fiction movies. Created in the 1950s these movies were based on the idea of giant mutant monsters or aliens from outer space terrorizing Earth. These included Attack of the 50 Foot Woman, The Amazing Colossal Man, Them!, Tarantula, The Thing from Another World, It Came From Outer Space, The War of the Worlds, Forbidden Planet."

Man, wouldn't it be something if the zone was HR Bloodngutz themed? *sigh* A man can dream

They didn't pull another Scream (with this house).

They screwed Conjuring, then. Great. (The irony is Warner Bros. largely doesn't give a crap about their horror properties.)

Only reason I mentioned Ash vs. Evil Dead was the obvious medium parallel to SCREAM... they signed on to do a TV adaptation, instead did what's basically a movie adaptation.

They screwed Conjuring, then. Great. (The irony is Warner Bros. largely doesn't give a crap about their horror properties.)

Only reason I mentioned Ash vs. Evil Dead was the obvious medium parallel to SCREAM... they signed on to do a TV adaptation, instead did what's basically a movie adaptation.

Ash hasn't been pulled as far as I know; they've just had to make it on the TV show instead of the original films. They honestly need to stop doing houses based on properties that also have TV shows, it screws everything up. If Ash were to get pulled what do you guys think would replace it?

IMO, Ash vs Evil Dead is an underrated show and I think it provides a lot more varied and interesting material to use in a house when compared to the film(s). I really enjoyed the 2013 house based on the remake, but I'd much prefer to see something different (AvED) this year.

Reactions: graspthesun
Who do you mean by "they?" Universal had no control over what happened with that house.

Beg pardon, I misinterpreted your prior post -- when you said they didn't pull a Scream "with this house," I presumed you meant they made some baffling error in judgment for another house this year mid-construction. Given Conjuring was already mostly built by the time the IP was pulled, I jumped to a conclusion.

Beg pardon, I misinterpreted your prior post -- when you said they didn't pull a Scream "with this house," I presumed you meant they made some baffling error in judgment for another house this year mid-construction. Given Conjuring was already mostly built by the time the IP was pulled, I jumped to a conclusion.
*thumbs*

Understand. Yeah... the Scream fiasco was crossed wires. Conjuring was bad timing.

Universal didn't screw Conjuring, Conjuring screwed Conjuring! :D