Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 176 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A glimpse at the house shirt?????..... (thanks to Academy of Villains)

DnvFl5S.jpg

*NOTE: You'll notice that the original name WAS "Blumhouse of Horrors".
Also, its interesting and odd that Academy of Villains is listed on the shirt, but NOT B&T!!!

A glimpse at the house shirt?????..... (thanks to Academy of Villains)

DnvFl5S.jpg

*NOTE: You'll notice that the original name WAS "Blumhouse of Horrors".
Also, its interesting and odd that Academy of Villains is listed on the shirt, but NOT B&T!!!
so let me get this straight, there were gonna have a amazing title for blumhouse but scrapped it for a meh tagline,

Reactions: SeventyOne
so let me get this straight, there were gonna have a amazing title for blumhouse but scrapped it for a meh tagline
Um... it doesn't have a tagline nor did they scrap it for one. All they did was swap around 2 words & add "The" at the beginning. This isn't the first time house names have changed after merchandise was ordered (2007's PsychoScareapy: Home for the Holidays was originally titled "Silent Night, Deadly Night". That original title was on the house shirt.). There are also times where they make a mistake... like in 2011 with "THE THING". In Orlando it was just "The Thing", but Hollywood used Orlando's 2007 house title "The Thing: Assimilation". Orlando's shirt had Hollywood's title on it.

Point is.. it isn't that big of a deal. The title for Blumhouse wasn't amazing, it just sounded better.

Um... it doesn't have a tagline nor did they scrap it for one. All they did was swap around 2 words & add "The" at the beginning. This isn't the first time house names have changed after merchandise was ordered (2007's PsychoScareapy: Home for the Holidays was originally titled "Silent Night, Deadly Night". That original title was on the house shirt.). There are also times where they make a mistake... like in 2011 with "THE THING". In Orlando it was just "The Thing", but Hollywood used Orlando's 2007 house title "The Thing: Assimilation". Orlando's shirt had Hollywood's title on it.

Point is.. it isn't that big of a deal. The title for Blumhouse wasn't amazing, it just sounded better.
Exactly, merchandising isn't always going to be on the same page as Creative, especially if they make changes late in the game.

Personally, I like the title Blumhouse of Horrors better than the inverse title that we got, but I assume that Blumhouse didn't like it and that's why it got changed. Simple as that. I think this house will surprise many that are down on it currently and please those that are excited for it.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'll be doing the passholder event on opening night again. Usually the event is a mess though, so last year I decided not to do and did S&S at Finns, which was a nightmare lol. Heard that the passholder event was great last year, as they limited the number of people, so hopefully it will be the same this year.

very excited for the originals this year. I am glad I dont have to watch a lot of movies to catch up, (I have seen most of them)
I will just watch Sinister.

I've been catching up to all the IP's. Just a few more to watch and I'm ready to tackle HHN.