Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

In case anyone is looking for official confirmation:

"As we finish up the last bit of work to clean up our resort and recover from this storm, we have big days ahead. As you know, this Friday kicks off Halloween Horror Nights, and I know our guests are more ready than ever to experience the best Halloween event in the country! I hope to see you all at the exclusive Team Member Preview tomorrow night so you can face the sensational scares firsthand." -- Bill Davis.

In case anyone is looking for official confirmation:

"As we finish up the last bit of work to clean up our resort and recover from this storm, we have big days ahead. As you know, this Friday kicks off Halloween Horror Nights, and I know our guests are more ready than ever to experience the best Halloween event in the country! I hope to see you all at the exclusive Team Member Preview tomorrow night so you can face the sensational scares firsthand." -- Bill Davis.
since orlandos tomorrow so is hollywood's?

I fully expect that tomorrow could be a pretty rough run as I know many people that aren't going to be able to make it.

^You mean, scare actors? How long should it take to get everything running?

Basically, you're saying we shouldn't put too much stock in the reviews?

Don't put any stock in the reviews this week at all. Three nights of rehearsals were straight cancelled. Some performers may not have even spent more than 10 minutes figuring out their scares.

Making me rethink if I should reschedule my HHN trip next weekend.

Next weekend being the 21-24? That should be fine. It'll likely be somewhere between week 1-2 quality. Opening weekend will be a struggle.

Yes, I'm there from 9/22-9/25 and will be attending three nights of HHN using my ROF express pass. I guess I should wait and see how the opening weekend goes.

Not to push too far off topic, but I have to ask now that it's been mentioned a few times: where are they usually selling this pumpkin beer? I don't recall ever seeing any seasonal stuff beyond the Dufftoberfest in Simpsons. Is it only in the HHN bar kiosks or a specific restaurant? Asking for a friend, of course.

Next weekend being the 21-24? That should be fine. It'll likely be somewhere between week 1-2 quality. Opening weekend will be a struggle.

I'm certainly glad I won't be there until the first weekend in October.

Not to push too far off topic, but I have to ask now that it's been mentioned a few times: where are they usually selling this pumpkin beer? I don't recall ever seeing any seasonal stuff beyond the Dufftoberfest in Simpsons. Is it only in the HHN bar kiosks or a specific restaurant? Asking for a friend, of course.

Yea, the Pumpkin Beer is at the bar tents around the park. It's not very good tho (IMO)

I remember getting it at the bar across from where Fallon is now, if I'm not mistaken. I agree with Sean, it's more of a traditional harvest beer than something like Pumking or such.

I'm hearing rumors that two of the tent houses were badly damaged. Can anyone confirm this?
I know they were working feverishly today to make sure everything was ready to go for tomorrow. I have no knowledge of what the current situation is beyond that though at the moment.

I noticed the event map is no longer on the Universal Orlando page... do you think it's just a glitch or it could mean something?

It's been missing since I first checked probably around noon.

I noticed the event map is no longer on the Universal Orlando page... do you think it's just a glitch or it could mean something?

It's been missing since I first checked probably around noon.

I noticed this as well. I wouldn't worry too much about it though. All of the houses are still listed. At worst it might mean that they have to adjust an entrance due to storm damage, or clean up work being done.

Charles Gray called all of the original houses "aggressive." A few other notes about the houses:

Dead Waters - 1/3 Voodoo Queen's Realm; 1/3 Swamp; 1/3 Village
Ash vs Evil Dead - cool, rock and roll, fun, snarky, gory; laugh as much as scream
AHS - costuming, wigs, makeup; very scary Chens

The Catacombs of Halloween Horror Nights – The Charles Gray HHN 2017 Preview Interview! – NEOZAZ
Dead Waters Spoiler
The finale has been seen already. It's walking beneath severe houses raised on stilts.

Redirect Notice