Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 78 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Really if someone has some inside information/rumors and they are comfortable sharing it I would much rather it just be said. Riddles and clues are just silly. There's no reason that should end the speculation and discussion though, until it's confirmed officially it's still just a rumor and may not be correct. As we learned a couple years ago even credible information can be wrong and things can always change at the last minute.

Rumors and Leaks are different. I focus on Rumors things I hear about the Event and I share them in the hopes for more discussion. It isn't a leak where the Maze Description and Promo Art is leaked it's a idea or thought that you heard from someone who is close or is working at the event. Almost like a leak but not a leak as it can be false which is known as Miscommunication.

The Original Leaked Lineup had Conjuring but things can change until they say what's coming to the Event keep discussing and speculating.

Even if I hear this and that and I share you don't have to believe me as I know I have been wrong and you don't need to KEEP shoving it in my face. I'm just sharing what I hear in hopes for Discussion.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Oh boo who, it's only been 2 days since your code names posted and not enough people replied by your standard, so the your answer is to ruin it for everybody, were nor gonna get scarezone announcements for 2 months, you can't wait a while longer
While there is nothing to speculate other than the website I sent something out there to speculate and when no one speculates then what is the point? You can still speculate on some of the stuff...

Vampire Original Maze can be anything vampire-related.

Icon Scare Zone is anything Icon related.

The Room for Discussion opens when they are is a Rumor, Leak, and Announcement. While speculation can still exist if it isn't a Announcement. Which is exactly what I'm getting to...

Discussion is interesting as we get to discuss our thoughts on a Rumor, Leak, or Announcement and discuss what we think of it and if it is true or not.

Speculation is when we discuss our ideas about something a Source have us or the People behind the Twitter account gave us.

YOU don't even know if Scare Zones will get announced in the next two months it could be announced earlier. It's not about that it's about discussing and speculating. I simply send stuff out and if you don't like it then that's your problem.

The Room for Discussion opens when they are is a Rumor, Leak, and Announcement. While speculation can still exist if it isn't a Announcement. Which is exactly what I'm getting to..
Discussion- the action or process of talking about something, typically in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.

Speculation- the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence

CLUES lead to speculation. Whenever stuff is just blatantly leaked (and despite what you're trying to call it, you're leaking), it consistently kills the actual act of speculation. And because we know no details, there's nothing to actually discuss.

Discussion forums slow down on weekends. That's normal. But the fact you couldn't go two days before announcing everything you'd heard is just aggravating.

I think Legacy has historical given more subtle clues, sparking good discussions and guesses about the event each year. Everyone is excited about the event and it's fun to talk about it as Universal releases their own clues and various info is leaked leading up to the event. Just feels like Manics could give us more of a chance to think about clues and speculate instead of giving hints and following up every hint with direct leaks shortly thereafter. To each their own but my 2cents.

Last edited:
Reactions: HHNManics
Fine then my apologies. I will watch my Clues and Things I send out much more carefully now and not do a direct leak every single time or just all the time.

Maybe if anyone wants to turn the inside rumor that they have into a long drawn out scavenger hunt riddle of a game we should just have a separate thread for that.

Personally I take everything said on a discussion forum with a big grain of salt. I really don't mean for this to be offensive, but when I see someone trying to get attention and drawing that attention out by piecmealing it out clue by clue it just kind of comes across as really sad. I'm sure others see it differently and sometimes there's reasons behind that, I get that. I just feel if you have something to share just say it, if you can't wait till the appropriate time then. Saying basically "I know something but I'm not telling, you'll have to guess" is just really childish.

I don't get why people get so up in arms about HHN.

It's going to happen and there will be houses and loud music and people in all kinds of weird costumes with varying degrees of quality in their fake blood splatter.

There will be people in hidey-holes and people in dark corners. There will be a gratuitous use of fake limbs that no one believes are real as well as lots of fake dead bodies which are obviously props.

You're gonna conga line past some flashing lights and fog that smells like maple syrup.

Someone is going to get too drunk and hit an actor. Some TMs will be fired for their conduct on preview day.

All of this has come before and will come again. So why get at all upset or bent out of shape about any of it?

I don't get why people get so up in arms about HHN.

It's going to happen and there will be houses and loud music and people in all kinds of weird costumes with varying degrees of quality in their fake blood splatter.

There will be people in hidey-holes and people in dark corners. There will be a gratuitous use of fake limbs that no one believes are real as well as lots of fake dead bodies which are obviously props.

You're gonna conga line past some flashing lights and fog that smells like maple syrup.

Someone is going to get too drunk and hit an actor. Some TMs will be fired for their conduct on preview day.

All of this has come before and will come again. So why get at all upset or bent out of shape about any of it?

A lot of us that have been going for many years appreciate the history of the event and the characters creative has developed over the years. We look forward to it every year. I don't see anything wrong with that. No one is getting bent out of shape about anything. Everyone that goes to HHN can have their own experience and appreciate different things. It's part of what makes it so great. It's not "just another Halloween event".

Reactions: Thiago
A lot of us that have been going for many years appreciate the history of the event and the characters creative has developed over the years. We look forward to it every year. I don't see anything wrong with that. No one is getting bent out of shape about anything. Everyone that goes to HHN can have their own experience and appreciate different things. It's part of what makes it so great. It's not "just another Halloween event".

Outside of 25 (to some extent), the event lost a lot of its unique, scrappy soul post 2011. It's corporate McDonald's haunt now.

As for the leaks... no one got bent out of shape when the entire house lineup showed up in, what, May of 2008? What's the point of riddles if you can't solve them? I get that there's fun in the surprise, but it seems to be a bit of a double standard sometimes...

Reactions: Octobers Fade
Outside of 25 (to some extent), the event lost a lot of its unique, scrappy soul post 2011. It's corporate McDonald's haunt now.

As for the leaks... no one got bent out of shape when the entire house lineup showed up in, what, May of 2008? What's the point of riddles if you can't solve them? I get that there's fun in the surprise, but it seems to be a bit of a double standard sometimes...

Disagree on the first part. Sure they've added and put a lot more weight on the IPs in recent years but there's plenty more to the event than just that. Tomb last year proves that imo.

In response to the second part of this. Obviously I can only speak for myself but for me personally I agree 100% no point in riddles if we can't solve them. And definitely not attacking anyone, but its more just when the same person that's posting the riddles is solving them for everyone as well then that ALSO defeats the purpose...

Disagree on the first part. Sure they've added and put a lot more weight on the IPs in recent years but there's plenty more to the event than just that. Tomb last year proves that imo.

In response to the second part of this. Obviously I can only speak for myself but for me personally I agree 100% no point in riddles if we can't solve them. And definitely not attacking anyone, but its more just when the same person that's posting the riddles is solving them for everyone as well then that ALSO defeats the purpose...

Fair enough, but it's not a bad thing per se... just different. McDonald's makes a tasty burger. Tomb looked like a great house (I didn't go so can't say for sure), but the event used to have much sense of purpose and place. A soul under everything...

Touche, hadn't followed the same one offering riddles was the same fellow solving them. That's a bit much, but hey, be careful what you wish for. I myself like having the info.

I forgot to mention the hanging strips of fabric. There WILL BE fabric hanging over a narrow walkway torn in strips which you MUST walk through.

Some might even have blood stains. *nodnod*

Are we sure this is some uniquely special event worth getting up in arms about?