Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Tonight's clarity clue:

No original houses from the past look to be returning as new houses.
Based on the speculated houses so far, this would only really be referring to the Gothic/Catacombs crossover, right? Combined with those Angels and Demons clues that have been floating around, it may be a house that starts in a cathedral and ends in the underworld, with a demonic theme throughout.

On the surface, a description like that is pretty similar to the initial crossover rumor, which might explain some of the confusion. Sorry if all this was all speculated on already, I've been trying to keep up. If that is what it winds up being, it sounds like a rad house!

Asylum in Wonderland was awesome

To third this Alice at 25 was very fun.

I fourth this. I loved that house. Towards the end of one night, I was the only one left in my group that hadn't gone back to the hotel so I kept running through Ayslum in Wonderland. Towards the end of the maze I get cornered by some actors because I was so confused about where I was going and now looking back, it was such an incredible interaction with the actors. I was truly afraid and confused and had a minor panic attack. They eventually started screaming at me to get out and pointed me along.

I fourth this. I loved that house. Towards the end of one night, I was the only one left in my group that hadn't gone back to the hotel so I kept running through Ayslum in Wonderland. Towards the end of the maze I get cornered by some actors because I was so confused about where I was going and now looking back, it was such an incredible interaction with the actors. I was truly afraid and confused and had a minor panic attack. They eventually started screaming at me to get out and pointed me along.
This house was DOPE. The neck slash got me so good the first time.

Reactions: JMalez and Joel
Since announcements and speculation are slowing down, I figured I’d go ahead and put together what I think is the current rumored event list based on speculation. Let me know if anything is out of date:

(Anything either confirmed or almost definitely coming back is in bold)

Houses:
1. American Horror Story (Based on Asylum, Coven, and Roanoke)
2. The Shining
3. Jigsaw
4. Ash vs. Evil Dead (Based on Evil Dead 1 and 2)
5. Blumhouse of Horrors Mashup (feat. Insidious, Sinister, and Get Out)
6. Bayou of Blood/Voodoo Original (Riverboat façade)
7. Vampire Original (not a comedy house, possible aesthetic similarities to The Conjuring)
8. Angels & Demons Original (probably features a catherdral and underground, originally thought to be Gothic/Catacombs Crossover)
9. Harvest of the Souls/Scarecrow Original (live cornstalks façade/exit scene, 1930s dust bowl theme, possibly connected to icon/soul collectors)

Scare Zones:
1. The Purge
2. 1950s Science Fiction
3. Halloween Traditions (possibly Trick-r-Treat)
4. Festival of the Dead?
5. Icon Zone?
6. Roaming Hordes (possibly connected to icon?)
7. Codename: Hook (not a traditional scare zone)

Shows:
1. Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure
2. Academy of Villains

Icon:
1. No Icon
2. Iniquitus/Legions of Horror
3. Lady Death (import from Singapore)
4. Soul Collectors (possible connection to scarecrow house?)

To me, aside from the vampire original, it looks like the houses are basically all figured out. The real question is what’s going on with the scare zones and icon, if there even is one.

Last edited:

It was my very first HHN house (yes, I'm a newbie), and I fell in love immediately. For me personally, it was an awesome introduction to the event. In fact, my fiancé and I moved to Orlando in June of last year, largely because of our love for UO and HHN.

To speculate on scarezones for a bit...

Since The Purge is likely to go in Hollywood this year (since that's where it was planned to go last year) and traditional chainsaw scareactors have supposedly been cast in NY, could the rumored Sci Fi zone potentially be our chainsaw based scarezone this year? Maybe something along the lines of 50's soldiers or scientists with chainsaws fighting against monsters and aliens? Sounds like it would be a pretty fun zone!

Speaking about 3D mazes, I thought Asylum in Wonderland was great because it wasn't just 3D. There was a storyline and some trippy rooms, particularly the entrance and the last couple of scenes.

Lunatic's Playground didn't tell a story. It was the same features as Asylum, but all just 3D. Let's not even mention Aftershock (easily the worst house I've ever experienced).

Well, they want to be able to say they were right either way.
That's my biggest problem with all these people who do riddles, clues, codewords and whatever else. They're essentially theme park fortune tellers. They keep things vague so they can pretend like they were right even if they were wrong. If you know something say it and we can all talk about it, wrap it up in riddles and codes to stroke your own ego and I'm personally not going to really put much stock into it.

Is it something to do with bill and ted? Aren't those alien things named "station" in bogus journey ? And are they clones? Haven't seen it in forever