Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 160 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Definitely. I think it could be similar to The Exorcist in that there’s a few must have scenes(Clown Bedroom, Kitchen, Bathroom, Other Side, Pool, “They’re Here”) and then a portion of it could be abstract. Thinking about it now, Poltergeist actually translates pretty well into a house; still don’t know what would pop out though

I don't think it would be the longest house, but the size of the set pieces that would be required might put it in a soundstage (probably 22).

Not sure how they would really do that clown doll scene justice, since that scare relies strictly on the camera view. Just recreating the bed set and having the doll pop out from behind would certainly not be a good representation. I know they're almost certainly doing the "statue" trick in DE2, but how about a room with a bunch of clown dolls?

Last edited:
I don't think it would be the longest house, but the size of the set pieces that would be required might put it in a soundstage (probably 22).

Poltergeist would definitely need a SS mostly to just accommodate things like the moving beds and the scale of things like the living room. Thinking now I could definitely see Poltergeist being Clue #4

Very rough treatment for a hypothetical Poltergeist house, I scribbled this down while watching it:

Façade
The Freeling House, with the tree and storm, Star Spangled Banner playing

Scene 1—They’re Here
The Freeling bedroom, mannequin Carol Anne in front of TV, strobes from static, light shining from top of TV into the wall above the bed (which shakes—re-used effect from Exorcist)

Scene 2—Tree attack
Tree branches inside room grabbing Robbie, can go back and forth (controlled by scareactor)

Scene 3—Dragged in
Carol Anne mannequin attached to bed post screaming, air blowing into closet, potential strobes

Scene 4—Skin peel vision bathroom
Marty lunges at you with most of his face peeled off (vision)

Scene 5—The light
Massive skull puppet out of doorway

Scene 6—Clown doll
Maybe a room full of clown doll statues?

Scene 7—The monster
Ghost monster outside the bedroom

Scene 8—The pool
Rain effects seen in Ghost Town 2, skeletons surround you

Scene 9—Portal
Carol Ann and Robbie’s bedroom again, portal opens up with tentacles coming out, bed shaking

Scene 10—The dead rise
Yard, coffins protrude from the ground and the dead reach out at you from all sides

Just out of curiosity, how are some of you seeing Poltergeist in Clue 4? I may have missed it if it was explained. It's been a while since I've seen the film, so I think I'm missing something to get there.

Also, I am hoping the secret house is an Icon, though I wouldn't be surprised if it is an IP. For an Icon, I'd go with Cindy to fit with the weird kid theme of the IPs.

Reactions: horrornights789
Just out of curiosity, how are some of you seeing Poltergeist in Clue 4? I may have missed it if it was explained. It's been a while since I've seen the film, so I think I'm missing something to get there.

Also, I am hoping the secret house is an Icon, though I wouldn't be surprised if it is an IP. For an Icon, I'd go with Cindy to fit with the weird kid theme of the IPs.

IMO it matches up with the lightning and a woman saving someone(Carol Anne in Poltergeist, Rick in R&M). I still feel like it’s a stretch but the rule was context. And yes Cindy needs a reboot for Orfanage, even though it was said to be an awful house I still would love to see it redone

Reactions: Robert Bliss
Both Rick and Morty and Poltergeist have scenes with similar set ups, namely corpses in a suburban backyard being dug up in the rain. The content of each scene is different, but they basically occur in identical contexts. Also every other film connection I speculated on has been deconfirmed at this point.

I also had an idea for an Icon. My idea was sth. like "father time" like a person who have influence about the time and want to go back to the good old days (like the 80s). Sorry if that sounds stupid but I would love that kind of thing as an Icon.

I had the idea once for a Father Time icon, with the entire event being holidays. Throughout Father Time's human life, incidents would happen during certain holidays that would correspond to where they were on the calendar represented as his life: for instance, Valentine's Day during adolescence, St. Patrick's Day in early 20s...basically, you know how the end of the year is represented as an old man and the new year is a baby? Well, it's taking that concept and applying it to the entire year.

Just watched Poltergeist and yeah, I can see it in clue 4. It has some great moments, but it may be a challenge to make it scary. I'm certainly more excited for it after re-seeing the film.

Reactions: horrornights789
So is this basically the current speculation atm?

- Clue #1 = Dead Exposure(confirmed)
- Clue #2 = Trick ‘r Treat
- Clue #3 = ?(my guess is some form of Scary Tales or Path of the Wicked)
- Clue #4 = Poltergeist
- Clue #5 = Codename Poison(Original)
- Clue #6 = Pickle Rick(Original)

Last edited:
Reactions: Robert Bliss