Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 308 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m not arguing. I’m just saying that I don’t think a ton of people will come out because of stranger things. Everything is on YouTube. And there are a lot of people that will just do that instead. Money and mileage and time. Something millinals won’t waste on anything

As much as "millennials" can be lazy and not go anywhere, if there's something worth sharing on social media, that draws them in as well to go by the cliches. Plus it's hard getting decent video quality online from the houses.

Reactions: RevFreako
If Horror Made Here weren’t a thing, they’d be guaranteed record attendance.

On that note, what was the most lucrative overall IP lineup they’ve had? I’d guess 24, with TWD at its peak viewership, AVP and Halloween for the first time.

Oh and Joe: I think for some people, “Millennial” is just the default term for anyone below 25. Kinda annoys me, would much prefer the term “Gen Y” to fit with “Gen X” and “Gen Z.”
Gen y is under 25? Ok my bad gen y then
As much as "millennials" can be lazy and not go anywhere, if there's something worth sharing on social media, that draws them in as well to go by the cliches. Plus it's hard getting decent video quality online from the houses.
I work with a ton of gen y’s and lazy is not just a bulletpoint for them. It’s a lifestyle lol

I’m not arguing. I’m just saying that I don’t think a ton of people will come out because of stranger things. Everything is on YouTube. And there are a lot of people that will just do that instead. Money and mileage and time. Something millinals won’t waste on anything

I agree, Stranger Things is a big draw but I don't think the park will be overly packed. I could be wrong but lets see how it goes opening weekend.

Reactions: Joseph
I agree, Stranger Things is a big draw but I don't think the park will be overly packed. I could be wrong but lets see how it goes opening weekend.
I have been going with the same two people for the past 4 years (this will be year 5). We are 45, 47, and 32 - coming from Philly. Every year we invite more people, most of whom were children of the 80s. They all love Stranger Things, Poltergeist, etc. Still no takers to join us for what it’s worth, even with themes that they should love ... just “not their thing” regardless of the house themes. But I’ll still be curious about crowds. We shall see.

I have been going with the same two people for the past 4 years (this will be year 5). We are 45, 47, and 32 - coming from Philly. Every year we invite more people, most of whom were children of the 80s. They all love Stranger Things, Poltergeist, etc. Still no takers to join us for what it’s worth, even with themes that they should love ... just “not their thing” regardless of the house themes. But I’ll still be curious about crowds. We shall see.

This is my 5th year in a row too. I usually go the second weekend and it’s not so bad. I can’t imagine going in October though.

Gen y is under 25? Ok my bad gen y then

I work with a ton of gen y’s and lazy is not just a bulletpoint for them. It’s a lifestyle lol

Nope I’m just saying that’s what people assume. Gen Z is about 18-20 and under. I was just saying that at this point not all young people can be called “MILLENNIALZ,” generally as a political slur.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but now we basically have the full lineup, which is the house that will have ...

the single light source

Put in the spoiler as I remember the original conversation regarding this topic having the spoiler filter.

While i'm sure Stranger Things will increase the crowds, I don't see it being a huge increase. In fact, I think we might see overall shorter queue times for most houses considering we are getting one extra house and will have one extra ride open.
I wouldn't discount the effect of losing Bill & Ted on the house queue lengths. I am very curious to see how crowd patterns will change with the new 10 houses/1 show lineup.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but now we basically have the full lineup, which is the house that will have ...

the single light source

Put in the spoiler as I remember the original conversation regarding this topic having the spoiler filter.

I think if we had gotten Stranger Things, Poltergeist, and Halloween 2018(or IT, Conjuring, or another huge property) crowds would be a lot bigger than they’ll already be. H4 is still gonna get long lines since it’s stil Micheal Myers but it’s not gonna bring as much of a pull as the new one would’ve. But still the crowds are gonna be huge regardless since this year is banking off the 80s nostalgia bandwagon

On another note I love how the Blumhouse house wasn’t even on the marketing ad.

I think if we had gotten Stranger Things, Poltergeist, and Halloween 2018(or IT, Conjuring, or another huge property) crowds would be a lot bigger than they’ll already be. H4 is still gonna get long lines since it’s stil Micheal Myers but it’s not gonna bring as much of a pull as the new one would’ve. But still the crowds are gonna be huge regardless since this year is banking off the 80s nostalgia bandwagon

On another note I love how the Blumhouse house wasn’t even on the marketing ad.

Strange, because I think they could’ve made a Halloween 2018 house without showing anything not in the trailers—have the first half be a cliff’s notes of the first one, then the asylum courtyard, the bathroom, and the closet scene. Would be both a good promotion and a budget house.

Halloween 4 or the new one, it’s still going to be Michael Myers jumping out to scare you. It’s the same to me, I actually just saw Halloween 4 last night too. It was decent and has some material for a good maze.

Michael Myers/Halloween has the same draw no matter the movie the maze is based off. It's iconic and with a new movie coming out, it already acts as a promo. My guess is that ST will have the longest lines with Halloween right after. Blumhouse & Trick r' Treat will receive crowds as well... all the originals will average out their wait times. (Although Carnival Graveyard could have the longest lines of all the originals due to word of mouth if its a hit.)

Reactions: HalloweenStar
Millinals will just watch the houses on YouTube.
This is so true it hurts y’all.

Most kids my age watch the house videos in droves, and just say “Well I’m never doing that,” including every teen I’ve showed them to in my family.

To all who say that house footage is scarce, every single house had a lengthy walkthrough video last year with what seemed to be quality equipment, just with sections of the house missing.

(Side Note: I find it interesting that they went with literally putting a “4” in the Halloween ad, instead of just using the subtitle and mentioning that the house was based on the film somewhere in the description. Weird advertising choice.)

Side Note: I find it interesting that they went with literally putting a “4” in the Halloween ad, instead of just using the subtitle and mentioning that the house was based on the film somewhere in the description. Weird advertising choice.

Really good point there. When they did Halloween 2, they called it "Hell Comes to Haddenfield". Odd that they didn't just run with "The Return of Michael Meyers" or something similar ("Michael Meyers Returns" for instance).