Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

So basically, even with express, I'd still be better off doing the Finn SnS and tackling ST from the start? I have heard it is a complete nightmare this year & that turned me off to doing that area for stay and scream. My goal overall is to be able to do all houses and repeat some. If I do ST at the SnS, i'd probably use express right off the bat...how long would the Poltergeist wait be without express? Also, youre saying at the end of the night I'd be able to do the tent houses a couple times?
With that SnS if you are in front which is very doable as soon as you get out of ST to go to Poltergeist and it will have no wait I used this method on a Friday night and it worked like a charm. The key is to be the first person to get into the SnS so you are one of the first people getting out of ST if you go onto the house-count thread @happy bunny rabbit wrote a post outlining what we did I would advise following that guide to a T as we have yet to find anything better.

With that SnS if you are in front which is very doable as soon as you get out of ST to go to Poltergeist and it will have no wait I used this method on a Friday night and it worked like a charm. The key is to be the first person to get into the SnS so you are one of the first people getting out of ST if you go onto the house-count thread @happy bunny rabbit wrote a post outlining what we did I would advise following that guide to a T as we have yet to find anything better.
I also did this and also managed to do Scary tales and Carnival opened as we got out, so it was an excellent four in a row last week. Still never gotten express.

I also did this and also managed to do Scary tales and Carnival opened as we got out, so it was an excellent four in a row last week. Still never gotten express.
Express really isn't needed I have never had a problem with hitting everything multiple times with no express. In a day and a few hours I hit 43 houses I believe.

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will be following your guides! What time would you say to arrive in at Finns to be near first? And where exactly would I have to go to wait? I don’t know the area very well so any details/photos you could send would help me a ton! From what I’ve heard, there’s a certain holding pen but I’m not exactly sure where it’s located.

Sorry it took so long @arbdrummer (I have a crap little chromebook)

the red is the route you are gonna wanna take once you get into the park the circle is where you will be waiting
as for time to get there I would say aim for getting there around 4:00 I believe SnS opens at 4:30 really unsure of that but if you are even semi-early it is not hard to get to the front.

the red is the route you are gonna wanna take once you get into the park the circle is where you will be waiting

This is awesome, thank you! Do you know what the deal is with the "right" and "left" holding pens? I'm not exactly sure what that means....
Sorry for asking so many questions, and I am seriously thankful for your help!!!

This is awesome, thank you! Do you know what the deal is with the "right" and "left" holding pens? I'm not exactly sure what that means....
Sorry for asking so many questions, and I am seriously thankful for your help!!!
When I was there I was in the right side walking up to the front of the holding area and the left side was unused the whole time. The only thing is that on the left side there was a food cart that you could get some snacks for the wait but you could easily get to it from the right pen if you had someone to hold your spot.

Also, quick PSA for anyone interested get the universal app but not for the reason you think. You can check the wait times and because they take a while to update if a house has been really low for a long time do a house next to it with a higher time. It's very likely it will be lower. (this does not apply to ST, Poltergeist and Halloween generally).

Last edited:
The Finnegan's S&S entrance is directly to the right of the Transformers attraction entrance.

It opens at 4:00.

The pen opens and leads the crowd into StrTh at 5:30-45

You'll probably be one of the first 50 people through StrTh if you walk in the S&S entrance before 4:30 and make your way to the pen on the right, the vibe around who is where in line is usually pretty casual until about 5.

I'd make a right after Shrek and then a left at the waterfront instead, the route you drew out makes you do a big unnecessary loop through NY.

One of the things people point to as making the event more family friendly is losing B&T. I certainly like my HHNs super intense and adult oriented (as hard as I am to scare), but B&T, in addition to becoming very unfunny (JMO), was a drain on the budget. I would've gladly had it end a year early to get, say, an extra scene in Dead Waters, cold effects in Shining, a queue video and/or proper facade for Hive, better scare-zones, etc. And I'm not a fan of alcohol anyway. I do enjoy some...ahem, sights, though the Amazon Cannibals scene and even the Sorority Sacrifice scene had some.
I’d rather have Bill and Ted than Halloween 4 and/Blumhouse, TBH

As to Patrick braillard, he lost me at:
“Academy of Villains is the greatest show Universal has ever produced” and “people should come to HHN just for it.”

“Academy of Villains is the greatest show Universal has ever produced” and “people should come to HHN just for it.”

Yeah, and I'm sure Patrick, Mike, etc. loved bringing TWD back year after year.:bs:

Be nice if we have just one more year of AoV and then for HHN 30, we get an icons show (Jack could host again, but this time the others join in).

I hope it's not just Chance joining him. I understand they can't put Caretaker et al. at front and center of the event, but you can at least give them their due by having them appear in a show serving Jack. Make it different enough from Carnage Returns.
Can't start specing for 30 yet.

But there's already been discussion for it.

Last edited:

What is the working relationship like with Mike and Patrick...They seem a bit sassy with each other

Or perhaps they are just sassy in general

What is the working relationship like with Mike and Patrick...They seem a bit sassy with each other

Or perhaps they are just sassy in general
From my knowledge, they all get along really well (Mike, Patrick, Nathan, Blake, and Lora). I think Mike and Patrick just like to badger each other.

well, the first AOV year really was that amazing. i watched it every single night I went, sometimes TWO times per night,
the crowds loved that first year, every single show people were very happy, I cant recall anyone really hating it (I know people dislike dance shows, but i cant recall any big hate)
the songs they picked were excellent too, the story was really nice. so for that first year, Patrick wasn't even completely wrong.
no other show besides Bill and Ted had created that amount of hype and crowd satisfaction (as far as i could tell) that first year of AOV was magical. it was a really wonderful show to see.

I still wonder what kind of show they had planned for last year with the full stage, and i wonder why they didn't just do the show they had planned for last year in this year.

Yeah, and I'm sure Patrick, Mike, etc. loved bringing TWD back year after year.:bs:

Be nice if we have just one more year of AoV and then for HHN 30, we get an icons show (Jack could host again, but this time the others join in).

jack show is a must, and icons need to come back some way. they have to.

well, the first AOV year really was that amazing. i watched it every single night I went, sometimes TWO times per night,
the crowds loved that first year, every single show people were very happy, I cant recall anyone really hating it (I know people dislike dance shows, but i cant recall any big hate)
the songs they picked were excellent too, the story was really nice. so for that first year, Patrick wasn't even completely wrong.
no other show besides Bill and Ted had created that amount of hype and crowd satisfaction (as far as i could tell) that first year of AOV was magical. it was a really wonderful show to see.

The quote is specifically about this year's show.