Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

Has anyone seen the "leaked lineup" from Hollywood?

Houses:
AHS- Asylum
IT
Classic Universal Monsters mashup
Halloween
Trick 'r Treat
Stranger Things
The Thing

Scare Zone:
AHS- Cult

You guys are getting a different form of that; Switch out Asylum for Cult, ditch the Cult zone, and switch UCM for NoES and that’s you guys’ IP lineup

Last edited:
It's a decent lineup, but I'm not big on the number of IPs here. I would've dumped NOES for another original given we just had FVJ not too long ago. With that lineup, I guess this will be the location list if it stays at USF only:

SS21: Stranger Things
SS22: It
SS24A: The Thing (could see this being in a tent instead)
SS24B: Original
Tent 1: Nightmare on Elm Street (could see this in a SS instead)
Tent 2: Halloween
MIB Tent: Original
Parade: Trick r Treat
Shrek: American Horror Story - Cult
Mummy Queue: Original (3D?)

Honestly with 7 IPs, I’m definite expecting a 3D original again and with that lineup I have a feeling it’s gonna be the throwaway.

^Who says we necessarily get 10 houses? If so, I hope we just have AoV in regards to shows--otherwise, I expect them to go cheap on the SZs again.

I would also say, as far as locations:
Stranger Things: Soundstage 19, 20, or 21
It: Soundstage 22
Nightmare On Elm Street: Soundstage 24
Trick R Treat: Soundstage 24
The Thing: Shrek theatre
Blumhouse Halloween: Sprung tent 2
AHS: MIB tent (I hope--would rather an original get one of the two "higher budget" tents)
Originals: Sprung tent 1 and Parade building (I don't know if it's large enough anymore to host what TrT would require--did Superstar Parade make the house space smaller? Of the three houses in this building I've been in, H2 and AvED felt smaller than Scary Tales 3)

Last edited:
It's a decent lineup, but I'm not big on the number of IPs here. I would've dumped NOES for another original given we just had FVJ not too long ago. With that lineup, I guess this will be the location list if it stays at USF only:

SS21: Stranger Things
SS22: It
SS24A: The Thing (could see this being in a tent instead)
SS24B: Original
Tent 1: Nightmare on Elm Street (could see this in a SS instead)
Tent 2: Halloween
MIB Tent: Original
Parade: Trick r Treat
Shrek: American Horror Story - Cult
Mummy Queue: Original (3D?)

Honestly I’m curious to see where they place The Thing, since they’ve put it in a SS and in a tent, I guess it’ll all depend on how much they wanna put in it. Also IIRC the Mummy Queue can’t be used; I’m pretty sure I’m on wrong on that though

Honestly I’m curious to see where they place The Thing, since they’ve put it in a SS and in a tent, I guess it’ll all depend on how much they wanna put in it. Also IIRC the Mummy Queue can’t be used; I’m pretty sure I’m on wrong on that though
Seems they like using parts of the queue for the HHN Store

I heard a rumor that F&F was built with extra queue that can have a house in it...May not be true though

Pretty sure they can do five SS houses--two in SS 21, one in SS 22, two in SS 24.

I'd be shocked if they do 10 houses. I hope there isn't a stretched budget on them. I know B&T gone frees it up, but consider the costs of the IPs and the potential Potter show.

Pretty sure they can do five SS houses--two in SS 21, one in SS 22, two in SS 24.

I'd be shocked if they do 10 houses. I hope there isn't a stretched budget on them. I know B&T gone frees it up, but consider the costs of the IPs and the potential Potter show.
I wouldn't.

And, I think 5 SS houses would be pretty tough logistically with the queues/exits - but do-able if forced.

Bill and Ted was 30 Equity performers, 15 techs, and 20 Ops people.

Hook would be 6 Equity performers, 3 techs and 10 Ops.

Stop worrying about the price of that show.

Bill and Ted was 30 Equity performers, 15 techs, and 20 Ops people.

Hook would be 6 Equity performers, 3 techs and 10 Ops.

Stop worrying about the price of that show.

Plus, am I right in thinking that the cost of the performers isn't that bad compared to the RnD, which is already basically done?

I wouldn't.

And, I think 5 SS houses would be pretty tough logistically with the queues/exits - but do-able if forced.

They did it in 23, although I’d hope they’ll have it more organized this year.

Location wise we could easily have 10 houses:

- SS21 A&B
- SS22
- SS24 A&B
- Shrek Queue
- Sprung Tent 1
- Sprung Tent 2
- MiB Tent
- Parade Warehouse

Plus, am I right in thinking that the cost of the performers isn't that bad compared to the RnD, which is already basically done?
Yep. The show is done. It’s two voice actors, a couple of Death Eaters and projections. Legitimately, Carnival of Carnage is a more expensive show to operate.

EDIT- You can also put 2 houses in SS 20 and a house in 19.

They have space.

Yep. The show is done. It’s two voice actors, a couple of Death Eaters and projections. Legitimately, Carnival of Carnage is a more expensive show to operate.

So where were they even gonna put the show? I’d assume in Diagon Alley but I can’t think of an area there for a stage

They did it in 23, although I’d hope they’ll have it more organized this year.

Location wise we could easily have 10 houses:

- SS21 A&B
- SS22
- SS24 A&B
- Shrek Queue
- Sprung Tent 1
- Sprung Tent 2
- MiB Tent
- Parade Warehouse
They did not.

The Cabin in the Woods, Resident Evil, An American Werewolf in London and Evil Dead were the 4 SS houses at 23.

They did not.

The Cabin in the Woods, Resident Evil, An American Werewolf in London and Evil Dead were the 4 SS houses at 23.

*sorry for double post don’t know how to edit quotes into existing post*

Sorry about that; I thought it was 5. Could they use SS19 this year to allow 21 to be a queue area similar to HHN26/AHS; that seems like it would help that area be less of a cluster