Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 421 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, Halloween 4 was the additional house.

I would have preferred the number been kept down to nine houses, one show--they could've possibly put a couple of actual carnival rides in Graveyard.

If B&T ever comes back, they should drop the house number back down to eight.

Where to start.

These things are spec’d out far in advance and work starts early. They likely made up their minds and budgets for the houses before a second show was killed (by legal or creative).

Second, they are not going to go below 10 houses for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: sadbunny
With regards to the scareactors having conversations/hanging out, I made a mental note of each instance I noticed anything like this:
-Vamp 85 was basically shot tonight. It seemed every time I walked through 60-70% of actors were having casual conversations with guests or each other.
-In Chucky I saw a scare actor hugging a guest. I also saw a couple of scareactors conversing for each for about 3 mins straight.
-Twisted Traditions I saw two scareactors basically hanging off to the side, though at least they were still trying to scare periodically.
-Harvest, Killer Klownz, and Simpsons chainsaws I didn't really see anything.
-Wasnt paying attention in F&F chainsaws.

Keep in mind I wasnt actively trying to search them out, just making obervations. It was a bit disappointing to see it happening so often in so many places. Though on a more positive note, the house casts were giving it their all.

Speaking from the Hollywood end of things, this is absolutely insane to me. These actors would be terminated within a few days of that sort of nonsense.

So quick question.. heading to HHN tonight. Will be using S&S at finnegans. Is 4pm a "ok" time to be standing with the first guests at the 1st released pen? (Located next to the vamp 85 disco-stage if im not mistaken?)

Reactions: youhow2
Where to start.

These things are spec’d out far in advance and work starts early. They likely made up their minds and budgets for the houses before a second show was killed (by legal or creative).

Second, they are not going to go below 10 houses for the foreseeable future.

Touche. I don't expect them to either.

So quick question.. heading to HHN tonight. Will be using S&S at finnegans. Is 4pm a "ok" time to be standing with the first guests at the 1st released pen? (Located next to the vamp 85 disco-stage if im not mistaken?)

4pm is way too early. If you do it right youll be fine at 5. Im here too. Counting on the rain to help thin the crowds, but it is still relatively light so i think youll be alright.

It’ll be a bit shorter. What will matter is if all the cast members agreed to extend to Tuesday. They’ll probably have the resources to fill all non face character roles.

It’ll be similar to a 1am night hours wise. The house is fully staffed for Tuesday. For face roles that couldn’t do Tuesday there are great forecrew and reserve performers who are approved in the roles and have done them before that are available. Like I said, I wouldn’t be worried about it ;)

A guest services employee told us the other night that the Stranger Things house was cast by Netflix, rather than Universal. She said that all of the Universal employees are jealous of the actors in that house because they make so much more money than everyone else. Is that true, or was she making stuff up?

A guest services employee told us the other night that the Stranger Things house was cast by Netflix, rather than Universal. She said that all of the Universal employees are jealous of the actors in that house because they make so much more money than everyone else. Is that true, or was she making stuff up?
The performers playing characters from the show, probably.

I'm a bit..confused on what the question is.

I would think for character auditions, Netflix would have a hand..however, when looking at Hollywood and Singapore; I somewhat doubt that Netflix "chose" who got cast for the maze, and what payment they'd get.

I can only speak for Orlando, but my understanding about the casting of the “face characters” is that universal picked them initially, but then Netflix had to approve them to be cast in the role... if that makes sense? And that can be totally wrong but that’s what I’ve been told multiple times.

They do not get paid more than any other scareactor though. That is a fact. If other people are jealous of that they are misinformed

Reactions: SeventyOne
Yeah, Halloween 4 was the additional house.

I would have preferred the number been kept down to nine houses, one show--they could've possibly put a couple of actual carnival rides in Graveyard.

If B&T ever comes back, they should drop the house number back down to eight.

the event cant go back to 8 houses, not with these crowds. every line would be 2 hours.
people already experienced what 10 houses are like. the lines were pushed to their limits in some of the houses. They do a new show or something like Dead Drums or some kind of music performance show or just something that entertains people, there definitely needs to be a second choice.
but they cant go back now.

Speaking from the Hollywood end of things, this is absolutely insane to me. These actors would be terminated within a few days of that sort of nonsense.

the thing is, they are doing it in front of the coordinators and everything, in the middle of the street. out in the open for 5-10 minutes at a time. there are pictures of it and video online. the vamp zone here has become a hangout.

the event cant go back to 8 houses, not with these crowds. every line would be 2 hours.
people already experienced what 10 houses are like. the lines were pushed to their limits in some of the houses. They do a new show or something like Dead Drums or some kind of music performance show or just something that entertains people, there definitely needs to be a second choice.
but they cant go back now.

Sadly, you're right--though I was only suggesting eight houses if Bill and Ted was to come back.

When do we start the speculation for next year?

Considering the event ends tomorrow, and tradition..Sunday. Just give it some time.. ;)

I wonder how the crowds will cap off the event tomorrow, and considering that ST will be open after the event; I wonder how that may affect anything for that mazes waits (if at all).

Considering the event ends tomorrow, and tradition..Sunday. Just give it some time.. ;)

I wonder how the crowds will cap off the event tomorrow, and considering that ST will be open after the event; I wonder how that may affect anything for that mazes waits (if at all).
It won’t affect anything - it’s a Saturday. Tonight was November 2nd and it was still pretty busy even with the rain.

Simply put, as long as it’s a weekend, it’s gonna be busy.