Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would honestly be surprised if they were considering scarezones this early, although in Hollywood we already have one leaked. Am I the only one who could easily see The Usher returning for this year?

I would honestly be surprised if they were considering scarezones this early, although in Hollywood we already have one leaked. Am I the only one who could easily see The Usher returning for this year?

Uni has multiple scare zone concepts in their library of working on HHN for years now, so it's a matter of what zone to decide on rather than creating new ones from fresh.

And I'm surprised Usher has yet to come back as its a very easy theme to create. A scare zone themed to a theater with Usher being on a stage and each zone being a type of film or an IP attached to it. 7 IPs with 1 original being Usher as the center and the other 2 having general Hollywood themes.

I mean, there's quite a lot of star power in the supposed IP lineup. At very least, marketing seems to be allowing, whether by accident or not, a cohesive theme.

The only outsider in the lineup is AHS Cult, but the scenes that took place in the 60’s and 70’s technically fit. I’m curious to see if they bring back the VR house since IIRC it wasn’t well received and would take up space

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
^Be nice if it took place during a past divisive election--1968, for instance. To me, fiction with real-life events as backdrop is far better when it's about past events and not events that JUST HAPPENED. I was never able to get into the work of Aaron Sorkin for this very reason.

^Be nice if it took place during a past divisive election--1968, for instance. To me, fiction with real-life events as backdrop is far better when it's about past events and not events that JUST HAPPENED. I was never able to get into the work of Aaron Sorkin for this very reason.

Cult was a good season(and is gonna be a pretty solid house), but some parts were really hard to get into (that whole Zodiac sub plot seemed really shoved in). Back to speculation, I wonder where they’ll put The Thing considering it’s been in a tent and a SS; my bets that it’ll go in a Sprung Tent or the Parade Building

Reactions: RevFreako
Yeah; it’ll most likely be Stranger Things or IT since those are the heavy hitters for this year

Since 25, we usually get an “exclusive” first (obviously exclusive is washy with TCM and AHS but they were different enough to be announced separate), so honestly I’m expecting NOES or Cult first based on the trend.
I'm expecting NOES because of the trend since 25 of announcing Exclusive stuff.

AHS Cult will be shared with Hollywood as a Scare Zone. Orlando has a Maze and Hollywood has a Scare Zone I would imagine they would have a duel AHS Announcement with Orlando AHS Cult Maze and AHS Asylum Maze and AHS Cult Scare Zone for Hollywood.

I'm expecting NOES to be the first announcement and then Stranger Things be the next one. First announcement for Hollywood and Second for Orlando.

Following Hollywood's Pattern.
2016: First - Exorcist Last - AHS
2017: First - Shining Last - Blumhouse

And what I believe is First for Hollywood will be Stranger Things and last will be IT.

Since 25, we usually get an “exclusive” first (obviously exclusive is washy with TCM and AHS but they were different enough to be announced separate), so honestly I’m expecting NOES or Cult first based on the trend.

Forgot about the exclusives, I think Cult might get announced first is that’s the case since AHS is one they seem to know I out since it’s obviously coming. Hopefully this year they have a better schedule of announcements since last year they announced 6 houses in August

Edit: So just as a refresher these are the Orlando IP’s right?

* only putting spoiler since someone’s probably gonna complain

Nightmare on Elm Street
American Horror Story: Cult
Stranger Things
IT
The Thing
Blumhouse’s Halloween
Trick ‘r Treat

Last edited:
1) Scarezones are developed concurrently with houses. Different leads have different teams with different focuses.

2) Marketing believes Jack, because of his success compared to everyone else, is the only icon worth using. Anything else is a concession and experiment.

3) Director is ranked higher than Usher.

Yeah, let’s stop the discussion of icons, it’s depressing. It’s almost like how much I like the icons is inversely proportional to how much the crowds like them/how usable/non-copyrighted they are (see my avatar).

Last edited:
Reactions: Thiago
Yeah, let’s stop the discussion of icons, it’s depressing.

Icons are only around at this point anniversary years it feels like. But back to HHN28, what are the odds we get a 3D house or a budget house? All of those IP’s probably cost a lot of money so would there be any chance of a possible throwaway house?

^If there’s just two originals, they better not make a throwaway original. If they do, they need to deliver five very strong zones. I’d really love to see a classic arcade game-themed house in the style and caliber of In-Between.

It’s why I’m actually glad to see B&T end.

^If there’s just two originals, they better not make a throwaway original. If they do, they need to deliver five very strong zones. I’d really love to see a classic arcade game-themed house in the style and caliber of In-Between.
Heh...

In-Between was the budget house...