Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"Needed space" is dependent on what they do.

Let's look at the needed "space" of IT based on most transferable scenes. I'm calling these the "most transferable" because, after a year, these are the scenes that stick in my mind. I'm not an IT-fiend who knows everything about it. I'm a casual, and that's who these sorts of houses are built for.

Neibolt house façade (most likely)
Neibolt living room (medium sized room)
Neibolt bedroom (small room)
Neibolt basement (small room)
Flooded basement (small room)
Garage slide show (medium sized room)
Bloody Bathroom (small room)
Library (hallway)
Sewer tunnels (hallway)
The Altar/Spaceship/Whatever it is (big room)

Those are the scenes that matter in the film. Now, we'll likely only get the living room and basement of the Neibolt house scenes. I also don't really see the Bloody Bathroom scene because there's no actual scare in it. It's just a teenage girl scream. That leaves 7 strong scenes, and it's various forms can appear wherever. Now, Parade has had several mazes that was mostly small/medium size rooms and one massive scale room. Forsaken and 25 years immediately come to mind. They can also build a two story façade in there, which is what you need for the Neibolt house.

So, yeah. "Needed space."
I don't think we'll get a flooded basement, but I absolutely believe we'd get a bloody bathroom. It's iconic, and easy to pull off. The room would already be sprayed and you'd have an actress struggling in front of the sink, it would be a perfect distraction for a pennywise to pull back the shower curtain or have a boo hole opposite of her or to have her creepy dad pops out. They're going to want to feature all the kids in the movie without repeating or having a bunch in one scene, so it makes sense to get to see their individual moments and then a finale.

Georgie scene would be hard to do, but then they pulled off the blood elevator in the Shining.
Mike and the Black Spot
Ben in the library
Bevs Bathroom
Maybe the flutist with Stan
The Leper somewhere
The Garage
Edie Richie and Bill somewhere in Niebolt house
A sewer scene or 2 with the bullies.
Finale with multiple It forms jumping out.
Not in that order but I think those are some points to hit.

I could honestly see It in a sprung tent. The Niebolt house as the facade. The only big room would be the finale room in the sewer and we've seen 2 story scenes in the tents before, but I imagine that the biggest IP would get the SS treatment.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I meant Hallow'd Past on Parade. Stuff starts to blur after a while.

Regarding your additions:

Richie opening scene (could be done a number of ways) - You don't think they'll attempt the most famous scene of the whole IP?
Actually, I don't. I think they'll have Richie standing in front of the Neibolt house/facade. They may include a drain off to the side with a Pennywise head in it. But yeah. For the guests, it's a passive scene (the scare happens to someone else) which is exactly how you don't want to start a house. Also, putting it at eye-level is difficult because it's a drain and a child.

Neibolt clown room scene (medium sized room) - one of the most memorable scare focused scenes in the movie
- Beverly's father (could be in same room as Bully, similar vibe)- one of the most memorable and terrifying elements of the film
- The Bully killing his father (small to medium room) - I don't remember his name but he is also a scare that would make the house less repetitive and feature this scene's great imagery

And, yet, I've forgotten all of them. You mentioning the clown room jars a faint memory, but you could replace the bedroom with it. The other two scenes I can't remember a single aspect of. I remember the allusions to Beverly's father abusing her, but do you really expect Universal to bother with an explicit representation of child abuse (with possible sexual abuse thrown in)?

And no, I didn't list them chronologically because I don't expect it to be chronological.

Fact of the matter is IT will PROBABLY be in a soundstage. But to argue that it "has" to be oversells what is necessary in these house builds.

The megahouse is legitimately the only house that has to have a soundstage. Crowd control is why they put everything else everywhere else.

So for instance, they never could have done WD in a Sprung? (Obviously not the one with the food truck loading dock.)

Absolutely.. I don't understand how anyone could be disappointed with it. They had real blood(red water) spraying out of the elevator doors..that's literally what happened in the movie.
oh seriously? I thought it was a static semi-translucent red plastic mold of the water with a strobe on it, I didn't see actual liquid

^That house did get some things right. Others, not. I do think they needed a larger space, but with AHS needing SS 21, it couldn’t have been done.
idk, while AHS was my favorite house last year it really didn't NEED to be that long, I feel like The Shining really missed out on the grand feeling of The Overlook

@orlandoiloveyou , oh :censored: it seems they actually did have liquid in there, must've been my eyes playin' tricks on me

giphy.gif
my god that is so hard to see

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked The Shining, I just thought the makeup was sort of off. 27 was a really good year considering all of the set backs now that I think about it. And also, AHS definitely needed that mega house considering how little of Roanoke was in there, and how much Asylum was there

I really liked The Shining, I just thought the makeup was sort of off. 27 was a really good year considering all of the set backs now that I think about it. And also, AHS definitely needed that mega house considering how little of Roanoke was in there, and how much Asylum was there
Oh man but Asylum was amazing. I was completely blown away by that whole house. I'm not even a big fan of the show but that house was incredible. I'm not sure which of the properties this year would warrant a mega house.

I'm not sure which of the properties this year would warrant a mega house.
I feel like IT due to sheer size of potential and popularity(fight me Legacy) or The Thing due to the potential effect & set size and the push from A&D as I imagine this will be a nostalgia fueled passion project.
Or maybe, heck, let one of the seemingly few originals have it this year, it would be the first time in a couple years and would be a fitting response to the stellar performance of originals last year.

If a megahouse happens (which is unnecessary this year), I'd bet it's either Stranger Things or a AHS Best-of.

Yeah I agree. Stranger Things has a ton of environments that would work great for a mega house, problem is it would get repetitive quick in terms of scares(however besides the Demogorgan/Demodog I do expect Hazmat Suit workers, Christmas Lights Joyce, Steve with Bat, Nancy with bear trap, maybe Eleven, etc.). For AHS this year I see them just focusing on Cult since it’s a perfect fit for the MiB tent and it’s still a crowd puller so I feel they’ll keep it for another year or two after 28

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Oh man even though I can't think of what warrants a mega house.. I hope they still do one ! And I hope it goes to an original because that would be amazing. The originals last year were crazy. I haven't finished ST season 2 but I just can't see any more than a regular house here. I can only think of 3 locations from season 1 that would be worth seeing. But if it meant the difference between no mega and giving it to ST then I say let ST have it lol more bang for your buck!

Since I have been limiting my visits to this forum, I caught up with lots of reading today ... some good stuff throughout.

I’m excited about the prospect of both IT and Stranger Things ... but my first thought is on what a challenge it will be to hire so many young / shorter actors for all those kid roles in both. Do these hiring factors play into maze selections?

I’m excited about the prospect of both IT and Stranger Things ... but my first thought is on what a challenge it will be to hire so many young / shorter actors for all those kid roles in both. Do these hiring factors play into maze selections?
I imagine they go the Insidious route with a LOT of dummies, or maybe few appearances of the kids at all, other than Eleven and Henry Bowers which can just go the Sinister route with younger looking adults