Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 289 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m really excited for the new house just it seems like it’s gonna be an amazing year. Hopefully the have references to Jack in the House.

Sounds like Carnival Graveyard is taking a page out of Knotts' Berry Farm's Dark Ride maze that got rave reviews. Mark my words this will be one of those houses that people reminisce about 20 years into the future.
the-office-ryan-notes-gif-1427208419.gif

@Legacy is Surprise still high on your list?
Eh... I might as well keep updating this too...

Meteor
Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces - Seriously, the names this year are on point. Vast improvement. This was one of the houses I first started hearing about; specifically that it would be built almost entirely out of props and curtains. It should give it a very "open" and organic feeling that they have never done before. The big question will be, does it actually "work."
Surprise
Coach
Poison
Trick R Treat - There's a couple of fantastic set-pieces at the tale end of this, but I feel like other segments of the movie aren't really getting their due. It'll be a quality house. I'm just not as intrigued by it as what's above it.
Slaughter Sinema - Despite the fantastic name and fun concept, this suffers from humor. I am not, and never really will be, a fan of comedy houses. Even though they are decidedly striving to be not funny with this house, it's going to be funny. It's a personal taste thing.
Stranger Things - This, in theory, should be higher. It's not for a reason. I've seen a lot of it and... creative differences.
Dead Exposure: Patient Zero - We've seen this all before. Audio selection should be fun though, especially in the first scene.
Feature

@Legacy is Surprise still high on your list?
You know... looking at the list, yes. I'm not moving it.

I'm considering bumping Dead Exposure up a spot because of the first scene, though. It's a t-shirt in waiting.

Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces - Seriously, the names this year are on point. Vast improvement. This was one of the houses I first started hearing about; specifically that it would be built almost entirely out of props and curtains. It should give it a very "open" and organic feeling that they have never done before. The big question will be, does it actually "work."

Essentially an indoor scarezone, but with positioned actors?

Reactions: RyanH
Far denser. And from my understanding more vertical. But yeah, essentially that.

For example (and from my understanding), you basically walk entirely around a specific vehicle in the house. The vehicle itself is part of at least 2 scenes. Fencing and barrels do a lot of "sectioning."

Far denser. And from my understanding more vertical. But yeah, essentially that.

For example (and from my understanding), you basically walk entirely around a specific vehicle in the house. The vehicle itself is part of at least 2 scenes. Fencing and barrels do a lot of "sectioning."

It almost sounds like an indoor, linear version of Fright Yard meets Midway of the Bizarre. Cool.

Was Carnival Graveyard’s announcement planned for today? It seems like this came out of nowhere
Well... they were planned at some point.
Can't say for sure MSS specifically caused the alteration. Definitely possible. The new announcement dates could be anything.
The schedule I got was from a couple months ago. Once Mike was announced for Mid-Summer Scream, I had a hunch all bets were off.

And now, all bets are off.

Well... they were planned at some point.

The schedule I got was from a couple months ago. Once Mike was announced for Mid-Summer Scream, I had a hunch all bets were off.

And now, all bets are off.

It’ll be fun guessing; hopefully these original announcements during announcement droughts will become a normal thing since it keeps the discussion and hype more frequent

Reactions: RyanH

Ive always wanted to experience an indoor scarezone. Has always been kind of a dream of mine, just to see what it looks like and how it feels.

if thats the case im definitely checking this house first. even if it not as scary due to the open space, the experience might be amazing to have. definitely the most curious about it.
even if it turns out to be tame, Im glad they are doing this. im glad they are doing something different.