Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 290 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
House routes this year are gonna be really hard to predict since everything seems like it’ll have a good chance of getting high waits on peak nights. Stranger Things is a definite 1st for me though since that’s gonna have at least a 1.5 hour wait minimum every night

Reactions: Lucky Planet
For scares that are unappreciated...I feel like I’ve seen/heard people disliking “boo holes” (seriously who thought that was a good name for them???) and the omnipresent black walls but I think that’s more of a. a west coast problem, and b. not a scare, unless it’s part of camouflage which has already been mentioned.

Meteor
Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces - Seriously, the names this year are on point. Vast improvement. This was one of the houses I first started hearing about; specifically that it would be built almost entirely out of props and curtains. It should give it a very "open" and organic feeling that they have never done before. The big question will be, does it actually "work."
Surprise
Coach
Poison
Trick R Treat - There's a couple of fantastic set-pieces at the tale end of this, but I feel like other segments of the movie aren't really getting their due. It'll be a quality house. I'm just not as intrigued by it as what's above it.
Slaughter Sinema - Despite the fantastic name and fun concept, this suffers from humor. I am not, and never really will be, a fan of comedy houses. Even though they are decidedly striving to be not funny with this house, it's going to be funny. It's a personal taste thing.Dead Exposure: Patient Zero - We've seen this all before. Audio selection should be fun though, especially in the first scene.
Stranger Things - This, in theory, should be higher. It's not for a reason. I've seen a lot of it and... creative differences.
Feature
Officially bumped up Dead Exposure.

House routes this year are gonna be really hard to predict since everything seems like it’ll have a good chance of getting high waits on peak nights. Stranger Things is a definite 1st for me though since that’s gonna have at least a 1.5 hour wait minimum every night

Psh, that’s nothing. Imagine if they had gotten It.:surprised:

EDIT: I mean along with Stranger Things.

Last edited:
Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
So totally random and off of what was being discussed... but I was talking to a friend who is doing stilts for the event and they seem to think they’re in poltergeist (if that’s happening)... I’m just not sure what a stilt role could be there unles I’m totally missing something, haha! Thoughts?

Well, Surprise will be a drop, but everything else should be *thumbs*.

Seems as though you’re saying everything looks promising except Surprise, yet Feature is last on your list. Did you mean “Feature will be a drop” or am I reading wrong ?

Seems as though you’re saying everything looks promising except Surprise, yet Feature is last on your list. Did you mean “Feature will be a drop” or am I reading wrong ?
No, you're reading it correctly.

My most anticipated list is more based on curiosity of how things will work/will be perceived. I know how "Feature" will work. And I know I'm not expecting anything special from it. Surprise has some things I want to see.

(That, and I've mentioned the type of films I don't like...)

Surprise has some things I want to see.

(That, and I've mentioned the type of films I don't like...)
Eh. There's a fine line for me.

I like spooky, gothic stories, science fiction, and campy stuff. I don't like gore, slashers, or movies that completely shift from what they've built in the third act. I LOVE Babadook, The Final Girls, and Event Horizon. I hated Hereditary, The VVitch, and They Come at Night.
• HDD - since you’ve mentioned you like the concept of repeating rooms with small differences in a house
• The Purge - the swear jar reference from a few pages ago, and TFP’s 3rd act shifts

Are there gonna be 3 properties in this house too? Supposedly Hollywood’s is only featuring two

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Likely Poltergeist since Blumhouse sounds like a dumpster fire in HW

I mean, just because it’s a dumpster fire doesn’t mean it won’t be the announcement.

Last year they showed us all sorts of concept art for “Ash vs Evil Dead” for Hollywood and that house was terrible. One if my sources even said Murdy hated the property and purposefully funneled the money for the house elsewhere, yet it still got a MSS announcement