Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

Anyone know if the clown drop was a safety concern? Because it seems like they’ve run into a lot of those this year between the single light source, the barrels, and now the drop down clown. I have to applaud them for being ambitious and taking risks—that is the Universal I know and love. So it sounds like the rain is working again? I hope there aren’t any other effects they had to nix. And have the houses been fully staffed? (My only visit so far is 9/21, planning on going sometime this week.)

Damn, academy of villains is a mess.
Not really that great.i might be one of the biggest fans of academy of villains before, and this year just didnt feel right.
I feel bad to say it, but i cant see people giving it a good review this year.
In the theater it just feels claustrophobic and feels limited. The seated theater environment hurts the show.
The audience wasnt too hyped either.... yikes, what a bust.
I might do a proper analysis in the aov thread.
But yeesh, hhn got beat up show wise this year

Damn, academy of villains is a mess.
Not really that great.i might be one of the biggest fans of academy of villains before, and this year just didnt feel right.
I feel bad to say it, but i cant see people giving it a good review this year.
In the theater it just feels claustrophobic and feels limited. The seated theater environment hurts the show.
The audience wasnt too hyped either.... yikes, what a bust.
I might do a proper analysis in the aov thread.
But yeesh, hhn got beat up show wise this year

I loved AoV the first year, second is hard to judge due to Irma, but this almost felt like a Terminator tribute show that saves the world with dance. Some visuals were really cool but alot of it felt like it was spinning its wheels. I'd almost prefer a straight Terminator parody than what we got. I hope they do something better next year.

Did our first night of HHN last night. Did SAS at Simpson’s it was hottttt. We did slaughter, dead exposure, Blumhouse, seeds and TrT all within an hour or so? Walked on them all. Waited an hour for stranger things and poltergeist. Waited a bit for Halloween maybe 45 mins? All in all 8/10 houses and had a blast. Vamp was an absolute blast!!! We stayed around there a bit. Wife and I posed with Freddy Mercury. We laughed and had a great time. Back on Wednesday with RIP tour. Really excited.

Oh and finally had pizza fries. Totally met expectations. So good!

I loved AoV the first year, second is hard to judge due to Irma, but this almost felt like a Terminator tribute show that saves the world with dance. Some visuals were really cool but alot of it felt like it was spinning its wheels. I'd almost prefer a straight Terminator parody than what we got. I hope they do something better next year.

I wrote a long review on the AOV thread but yeah ,you nailed it.
the dance moves clash with the serious and dark story and the set design. the past two years AOV has been silly and charming and has been playful with the audience and these guys are having a lot of fun dancing and you can tell.
this year's show is really strange, they are still having the same fun, but it goes against the show they created.

And the dance moves are getting stale, i really love the first year, that is one of my favorite shows ive ever seen at a theme park. Last year was a lot of fun and it was quirky. this year i got a little tired and bored with the same dance sets and the same stunts.
they added so much more set design and they added more screen videos and they added all these lasers and at the end of the day the show was better last year without any props or anything.

Is there an option to sit inside or outside under umbrellas?

Yes. I got there at 4:30 on Saturday and there were tables at Duff Gardens available, with and without umbrellas. At about 5:10pm they opened the indoors and almost everyone rushed in for the seating and air conditioning.

No line for food. Moe’s was about three people deep. No empty tables by 5:20.

To the vets, how will the crowds be this Sunday night? Every other blog loves to mention last weekend of sept/first weekend of oct?

Can somebody please remind me what houses are on the 3 and 6 house Unmasking the Horror tours? I did a search but couldn’t find the info.

To the vets, how will the crowds be this Sunday night? Every other blog loves to mention last weekend of sept/first weekend of oct?

I went the night before Columbus Day in 2012 and it was slammed. To be fair, they also decided to have UCF night too. It should be pretty busy though.

What houses have been showing up on the morning/afternoon Unmasking the Horror tours? I am going week after next and hoping to see Graveyard, Scary Tales, and TrT on my tour.