Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I guess I've missed the rumors about them remaking Nightmare on Elm Street again (let's save the abbreviations for the obvious things we all have a common reference for in the parks, shall we?). I still haven't gotten around to watching the first remake.

But I'm always happy to see Freddy in the park, so bring it on, remake or not.

Unlike Hollywood, Orlando hasn't exploited Freddy as bad. I am totally on-board with NoES if it does a "Halloween" style for it.

Who say's it has to tie into something?
*looks at Halloween*

Yeah, there’s enough Freddy to where it can tie to a movie that’s NOT a remake.

Reactions: SeventyOne
So would NoES go into a Sprung Tent or SS22? 22 seems to be where the “classic” houses are going(Shining, Exorcist, AWIL), but Sprung 1 is usually where the slashers are(Halloween, supposed to be Scream, TCM). Also, what are people’s thoughts on The Conjuring’s possible arrival next year?

So would NoES go into a Sprung Tent or SS22? 22 seems to be where the “classic” houses are going(Shining, Exorcist, AWIL), but Sprung 1 is usually where the slashers are(Halloween, supposed to be Scream, TCM). Also, what are people’s thoughts on The Conjuring’s possible arrival next year?
It’s too early to assume locations. Until there’s a better sense of everything that’s coming, we don’t know what “has” to go where.

And regarding Conjuring, I guess there’s a better chance than last year.

IDK. Just seems incredibly random. Why would they not wait until it was released?

In that case, I would assume it’s just the original. Really getting cheap and lazy there, are we, marketing?

I wonder what they would do if they don’t succeed in getting It.

Halloween and TCM were in Sprung 2.

Idea for probably a scare-zone: All the forgotten, unloved candy that kids don’t eat on Halloween every year has formed into a force of decidedly unsweet monsters out for revenge for being uneaten, year after year. Now, candy is going to eat YOU.

(Yes this is directly inspired by a Gravity Falls episode, since they’ve heavily drawn from IP content in making originals before—Event Horizon for Interstellar Terror, for instance).)

Last edited:
Reactions: Suprachica79
IDK. Just seems incredibly random. Why would they not wait until it was released?

AFAIK, the NoES reboot that sounded like it was in development has now taken a backseat for other matters like IT - Chapter Two, Shazam, and other various productions from New Line.

And that Nightmare on Elm Street, is an iconic IP for many reasons. Just because it'd be just that, NoES, and nothing else, it would still bring a audience. Especially considering that Nightmare on Elm Street has only really been used once truthfully with the other being the crossover film of FvJ. It really is not like Hollywood, which has used the IP heavily over the past decade.

What's HHN?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Halloween Horror Nights

Off topic. But I agree with the guy up there ^^^^ stop using so many acronyms and abbreviations, you may think it's obvious but it isn't always obvious and there are people who aren't members who have no clue what you're talking about.

"Acronyms Seriously Suck" - Elon Musk in an email to SpaceX employees from May 2010 : spacex

To be honest, I use Acronyms because it is a lot easier for me to use them, but IMO.

What do you guys want to see as far as originals go? I’d like to see a Nightengales sequel, a Catacombs requel, a new addition to the Urban Legends or Ultraviolent Comics series, and hopefully an icon.

Also, just as far as an updated speculated list of IP’s go we so far have Nightmare on Elm Street, Stranger Things, The Conjuring, IT, and Americans Horror Story.

What do you guys want to see as far as originals go? I’d like to see a Nightengales sequel, a Catacombs requel, a new addition to the Urban Legends or Ultraviolent Comics series, and hopefully an icon.

Also, just as far as an updated speculated list of IP’s go we so far have Nightmare on Elm Street, Stranger Things, The Conjuring, IT, and Americans Horror Story.
Bright
Rick and Morty
Killer Clowns from Outer Space
Mama
Island of Doctor Moreau
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Originals
Ghost house
Vampire house
Evil Snowmen house

The only given IP that should be considered locked right now, is AHS (Multi-year Contract). I still doubt Conjuring, but I do think it's plausible if they just reuse all of the previously worked on assets before the events occurred that made Conjuring as Hive in Orlando and Conjuring as Titans in Hollywood from 2017/27.

What I'm curious of next year, is more of placement than anything at this point.

Bright
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

In a way, Hollywood already did that..just, you know, terrible (and somewhat with a different treat).

There’s a thread that explains the acronyms, which actually needs to be updated.

Acronyms are useful because they streamline speech without decreasing the meaning of a statement. It is much easier to write WWoHP on a phone than The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Just ask for an explanation whenever you see one and most of us will gladly answer.

I mean, I could have told you IT was coming more than likely, and I'm not an insider...
What's odd is that it's supposed to be the 1990 Version.

Jonathan Brandis is Billie in the Original 1990 Version. Why they want to go for the original is beyond me. It's odd.

They could be doing IT 1990 this year and then for the sequel to the 2017 Version next year they do the 2017 Version and 2019 Sequel next year. Or maybe can't do the 2017 Version but either way it's interesting.

What's odd is that it's supposed to be the 1990 Version.

Jonathan Brandis is Billie in the Original 1990 Version. Why they want to go for the original is beyond me. It's odd.

They could be doing IT 1990 this year and then for the sequel to the 2017 Version next year they do the 2017 Version and 2019 Sequel next year. Or maybe can't do the 2017 Version but either way it's interesting.
I don't believe that..The 2017 version was just too good tbh...

There has been a Stephen King year rumored for a while, but I believe it to be wishful thinking at this point