The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 224 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm....guys? did any of you look at the Orlando Sentinel Twitter? It's getting serious. :(

(Not able to post it now so you'll have to look it up).
Tbh I took it as a “hey it’s absolutely possible if worse comes to worse”. The creative team has posted on Twitter they are working from home to bring us a awesome event so I think the will absolutely do their best to make sure it will still happen it’s just a warning that they aren’t promising anything yet

the fact the post was deleted makes me believe it was not accurate.

Reactions: rinacee
Who knows at this point, everything is in the air atm and that's fine, if the event happens, it will happen, if the team is ensuring that they will keep it going, I'm sure they will keep their promise to keep it alive for this year, anything is possible and we have so much time so we shouldn't worry too too much about something that happens in Sept.

Gremlins a classic movie but when you look at the line up, it's one that's gonna make people go "HEY! That's interesting, I wonder how this one would turn out being." which it definitely will feel like GB last year and be filled with puppets and maybe a few actors here and there, it'll definitely be intriguing.

Tbh I took it as a “hey it’s absolutely possible if worse comes to worse”. The creative team has posted on Twitter they are working from home to bring us a awesome event so I think the will absolutely do their best to make sure it will still happen it’s just a warning that they aren’t promising anything yet

the fact the post was deleted makes me believe it was not accurate.
Who knows at this point, everything is in the air atm and that's fine, if the event happens, it will happen, if the team is ensuring that they will keep it going, I'm sure they will keep their promise to keep it alive for this year, anything is possible and we have so much time so we shouldn't worry too too much about something that happens in Sept.

well, it depends. Unless testing for the virus becomes easily available (And i mean Really easily available to everyone) and unless their malaria medicine gets produced in mass quantities, im not sure how things will go. one thing is for sure, the vaccine will take a year to develop so who knows

I dont know how the regular parks will work (with queues and stuff) i am sure the parks will open eventually, but i Don't know what plans Universal and Disney have for dealing with queue lines to the rides and for cleaning the ride vehicles and stuff, (how would they clean each ride vehicle every time someone uses it? ) maybe rides will be pulsed and queue lines will be spread out and they will tell people in line to be apart from each other somehow... (maybe they find a way to have distancing in the rides per group or something. distancing in the queue lines etc)

but HHN is an entirely different beast and it entirely depends on attractions based on actors coming near guests. the entire event is about people being close to each other in the houses.
I hope by the time hhn starts, two things happen, testing becomes much easier and available, maybe the parks could have testing of their own. And the medicine would have to be available as well. if those two can happen by september then there's no problem.
if neither of those is possible, it is going to be extremely interesting to see how Universal handles HHN. how can they keep the guests AND the actors safe?

Ohhh man if 13 ghosts is part of this lineup this will easily be the best line up in a long time!

He said he doubted it a month or so back. I would take it because it sounds like it would be a true scary house. Ditto with Haunting of Hill House. Trying to figure out how they might make a Bride house scary.

I realize that this should be of least concern, but I hope that for future years this saga doesn't cause people to be repelled by "serious" horror. For me horror is cathartic. And having everything be family friendly doesn't provide that. Example: I went through Depths of Fear when I was feeling pretty crappy. By the time I got out I was feeling much better because of how grim a house it was. I know it became the house to hate on but given the complaints about the dog it clearly messed some other people up. SoX had the same effect for me.

Also, I would happily take any "gimmick" house; we need some novelty and innovation (in general, not implying 13G would be one...just trying to steer the convo back towards actually speculating HHN).

Last edited:
Whoa, hold on. Where did this 13 Ghosts rumor come from? If it is happening, is this an exclusive IP for Orlando? Is this what’s replacing Creepshow? That’s a lot of IPs for HHN 30.

Sorry, but I don’t really have the chance to keep up with this thread often.

Reactions: BoSoxFan1022
Whoa, hold on. Where did this 13 Ghosts rumor come from? If it is happening, is this an exclusive IP for Orlando? Is this what’s replacing Creepshow? That’s a lot of IPs for HHN 30.

Sorry, but I don’t really have the chance to keep up with this thread often.

People initially latched onto an Easter egg in our ST last year that had the 13 Ghosts case. But Easter Eggs don’t mean a thing. Personally, I’m not seeing it.

Just had a thought. Would this not be the perfect year to open up HHN at IOA and USO? Bring in the same capacity, but double the space and maybe use IOA as the "holding zone" for guests that have a virtual queue reservation for the houses at Universal? You can add food, a show and some scarezones to IOA, but that way the capacity could be cut in half while still entertaining and feeding the guests.

Yes, operational costs would go up, but I think guest satisfaction would go through the roof knowing that people could spend less time in line and more time walking around a general haunt vibe that has been expanded.

Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.