Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty, now that this thread is up and running, I can finally post something I've been wanting to since a couple weeks ago! What is it? A Patent Application.

So this is for "Systems and Methods for a Smart Virtual Queue", for example if an attraction with a VQ goes down or something, the system can contact those with reserved time slots and recommend return times to select etc. Sounds pretty familiar to the operations concept last year when they were looking into running HHN. (Everyone booking time slots for the houses, the system recommending other attractions in case a house goes down etc.)

Though if that wasn't one the nose enough, one of the Inventors themselves confirmed this was designed for HHN.

I think it's safe to say there's a fair chance that capacity won't be at 100% when the event is running, so with Uni putting in a application patent for this, it's a plausible form of operation this year with time slots for the houses. (With Express being able to make itineraries beforehand, and those with regular tickets possibly being "controlled" by Jack after making a list of what they'd like to hit up.)

EDIT- Welp, proven to be a joke on it being designed for HHN.

Last edited:
First I just wanna say it's good to see everybody here again!

As for Speculation, I think basically we know everything coming with the exception of Billie unless a few curveballs are thrown.

The only house we know for sure is confirmed is Puppet Theather.

Beetlejuice was forced to open I think it's safe to say it will be returning as well.

Since Puppet Theater is confirmed I think it is safe to say Wicked Growth, (S)carey Ohio, Icons, will return.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre actually seems to make more sense this year then it did last year having synergy with the new film this year!

As for Brides and Tooth Fairy, Personally, I don't see them scrapping 2 houses never used at the event.

Hill House I'm 50/50 on. Since the synergy is gone I really dont see a reason for it to come to the event. Its a great show but I'm sure a equally great original could take place in the hill house. Seems like they could save money on probably a expensive IP as well.

Billie is for sure the only thing not returning. This is kind of the tricky one since this was our main headlining IP for the year. It seems to me they would probably want to have another big IP but the question is what could they use? If they do not replace with a big IP i think it will either become creepshow and replace the zone or probably some kind of original house.

I will say, I love the number of the originals we're looking at this year. I've only been going since 28 and the IPs like Stranger Things, Ghostbusters, etc. have always been overshadowing the originals. It looks like this year the originals are getting their time to shine though.

First I just wanna say it's good to see everybody here again!

As for Speculation, I think basically we know everything coming with the exception of Billie unless a few curveballs are thrown.

The only house we know for sure is confirmed is Puppet Theather.

Beetlejuice was forced to open I think it's safe to say it will be returning as well.

Since Puppet Theater is confirmed I think it is safe to say Wicked Growth, (S)carey Ohio, Icons, will return.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre actually seems to make more sense this year then it did last year having synergy with the new film this year!

As for Brides and Tooth Fairy, Personally, I don't see them scrapping 2 houses never used at the event.

Hill House I'm 50/50 on. Since the synergy is gone I really dont see a reason for it to come to the event. Its a great show but I'm sure a equally great original could take place in the hill house. Seems like they could save money on probably a expensive IP as well.

Billie is for sure the only thing not returning. This is kind of the tricky one since this was our main headlining IP for the year. It seems to me they would probably want to have another big IP but the question is what could they use? If they do not replace with a big IP i think it will either become creepshow and replace the zone or probably some kind of original house.

More original houses are always welcome

did this thread’s opening warm the hearts of anyone’s else? I went back to the old thread for my last post, ugh. So happy to be here.

Behind the Scenes Talk: The plan was to wait till 2021 to open the thread but we weren't sure what the moment would be. The mods/admin had several ideas, including opening once the dates are announced, but eventually, it became a "feeling" and judging based on the other open threads. Friday I messaged everyone about opening things up and Brian agreed. Sometimes things just feel "right" and this was one of those times.

Welcome back everybody to the speculation thread for HHN 30 2.0. I am beyond exited to see the thread popping up now. I think besides the houses we already know I would also say that if they still have to do a lot of precautions for hhn they will most likely do sth like Hagrids VQ with the option to fill up the line first and then switching to VQ. I think they already experimented with that in October. But on another note I am pretty sure HHN will happen since they now had enough time to think about options and had a small test run in October

I had a feeling. These permits are often drawn with the planned use, and it sure looked like Volcano Bay

Keep in mind it takes YEARS to get patents through — it’s not that easy, nor transparent. The Rev made a joke (which his account is now suspended) so I responded as a response to that. Sorry for the hype ;)

I hope Legacy is right and everything but Eilish comes back. Personally, I don't care about Hill House, but know a lot of people were excited for it so hope it returns.

I would LOVE to see this replace Eilish. I guess its a complete rip off of 5 Nights at Freddy's but I've never watched/read/played that. It would be simple enough to rip it off and do an all original one, but just from this 2 minute trailer I think having it as an IP would be amazing. Knowing NOTHING about this movie before seeing the preview, it just looks like an awesome and fun movie and you can't help but instantly think of it as a haouse at HHN. It wouldn't be anything to draw people in on name recognition, but as a direct to VOD movie it would probably be pretty cheap to buy the the rights and they'd probably love the attention to maybe drive some Blu-Ray sales.

You'd have Nic Cage screaming audio cues (worth the price of licensing alone), the facade is already outlined in the trailer, if you made the shirts available to purchase I certainly would buy one, and the song would just be stuck in your head after doing the house. It just has everything you could need for a house. Even if the movie is terrible, it would still make for a great house in my opinion.

That was just total baseless wishful thinking and not very helpful for speculating, so I'll add this:

I'm wondering if anybody has heard anything of substance about the event starting earlier or possibly being up to 7 days a week to try to recoup some lost money? I've seen random musings about that, but just wondering if it's something they'd try...especially if an alternative is to jack up ticket prices substantially. While they don't have to build all the houses this year, storing and preserving them has to have had extensive costs and headaches associated with it.

In no particular order: tooth and brides replacements, Billie replacement, TCM still?, scarezones, shows, food, beverage, operating dates, and tickets.

I think this year will be much quieter but it’ll be a nice break from the exponentially crazier threads year after year.

Moreso than anything, I'm actually interested about the subject of shows.

Not to get into the subject too much, but now with Academy of Villians completely gone; that leaves a massive hole in the FFL theater. It makes me intensely curious to see what exactly they have in mind for that venue, as I can't see it being unused this year for a show, to get people off the streets.

Honestly, I'm kind of wondering if they'll try to do a more grander Icon show for FFL. Especially if Jack's properly back, as per how rumors were of the crew filming safety videos with Jack.

I hope Legacy is right and everything but Eilish comes back. Personally, I don't care about Hill House, but know a lot of people were excited for it so hope it returns.

I would LOVE to see this replace Eilish. I guess its a complete rip off of 5 Nights at Freddy's but I've never watched/read/played that. It would be simple enough to rip it off and do an all original one, but just from this 2 minute trailer I think having it as an IP would be amazing. Knowing NOTHING about this movie before seeing the preview, it just looks like an awesome and fun movie and you can't help but instantly think of it as a haouse at HHN. It wouldn't be anything to draw people in on name recognition, but as a direct to VOD movie it would probably be pretty cheap to buy the the rights and they'd probably love the attention to maybe drive some Blu-Ray sales.

You'd have Nic Cage screaming audio cues (worth the price of licensing alone), the facade is already outlined in the trailer, if you made the shirts available to purchase I certainly would buy one, and the song would just be stuck in your head after doing the house. It just has everything you could need for a house. Even if the movie is terrible, it would still make for a great house in my opinion.

That was just total baseless wishful thinking and not very helpful for speculating, so I'll add this:

I'm wondering if anybody has heard anything of substance about the event starting earlier or possibly being up to 7 days a week to try to recoup some lost money? I've seen random musings about that, but just wondering if it's something they'd try...especially if an alternative is to jack up ticket prices substantially. While they don't have to build all the houses this year, storing and preserving them has to have had extensive costs and headaches associated with it.

I mean with puppet theater we get something close to it. If it is Puppets or Animatronics it still can be creepy. So I don’t think they will touch sth like FNF for this year or next year

Moreso than anything, I'm actually interested about the subject of shows.

Not to get into the subject too much, but now with Academy of Villians completely gone; that leaves a massive hole in the FFL theater. It makes me intensely curious to see what exactly they have in mind for that venue, as I can't see it being unused this year for a show, to get people off the streets.

Honestly, I'm kind of wondering if they'll try to do a more grander Icon show for FFL. Especially if Jack's properly back, as per how rumors were of the crew filming safety videos with Jack.
I was wondering about the show as well. If we even get a show my guess is it will be something like Jacks carnival of carnage but I love the idea of using all the icons instead of just Jack!

I was wondering about the show as well. If we even get a show my guess is it will be something like Jacks carnival of carnage but I love the idea of using all the icons instead of just Jack!
The Carnival of Carnage is a show that seemingly works really well with Horror Nights's tone and style.

It can make digs where they want (like how B&T take potshots), but for all intents and purpose, it's a clever illusion show. One in which that I can see them expanding it's format and template into a proper theater space. Especially with the COVID pandemic still likely going to be an issue by the time October comes. Vaccinations, or not.

I also wonder about the lagoon, albeit. They have a legitimate method of having people queued up and holed up in that space, so I wouldn't even leave that out of the field of possibility to have another HHN themed lagoon show. They can even keep the first two scenes in proper format, the introduction of Marathon of Mayhem and the Classic Monsters scene. Then, you can have Halloween, Beetlejuice, and Hill House take up the IP's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.