Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 349 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of the plexi-rage is pretty valid, because its symbolic of Uni (and Disney's) profoundly unserious approach to a deadly pandemic.

We have a solution, one that all but ends the crisis that has killed hundreds of thousands and cratered the economy. Vaccines. Mandate them for employees and guests. Use the massive power and staggering resources of two of the biggest entertainment corporations to lead. Dare the government to go to war with the theme park industry.

If this causes a shortage of talent, fine. Adapt. But the shortage likely won't be that bad - people scream and kick, but when employers require vaccination, they get vaccinated. HHN is a unique employment situation, but I still feel quite sure you won't lose that many scareactors.

But the fact is, Disney and Uni look at the current political situation and they're terrified. Layers of managers shudder to pick a fight. So we're stuck with theatre, plexiglass that lessens the event, doesn't help with the crisis, and may actually make things worse.

At least Disney is requiring guests use masks. Universal lacks even that courage.

Honestly, that plexiglass is a striking reminder of craven corporate cowardice.
Well said

I think a lot of the plexi-rage is pretty valid, because its symbolic of Uni (and Disney's) profoundly unserious approach to a deadly pandemic.

We have a solution, one that all but ends the crisis that has killed hundreds of thousands and cratered the economy. Vaccines. Mandate them for employees and guests. Use the massive power and staggering resources of two of the biggest entertainment corporations to lead. Dare the government to go to war with the theme park industry.

If this causes a shortage of talent, fine. Adapt. But the shortage likely won't be that bad - people scream and kick, but when employers require vaccination, they get vaccinated. HHN is a unique employment situation, but I still feel quite sure you won't lose that many scareactors.

But the fact is, Disney and Uni look at the current political situation and they're terrified. Layers of managers shudder to pick a fight. So we're stuck with theatre, plexiglass that lessens the event, doesn't help with the crisis, and may actually make things worse.

At least Disney is requiring guests use masks. Universal lacks even that courage.

Honestly, that plexiglass is a striking reminder of craven corporate cowardice.

Too logical

I acknowledge that Legacy has a great track-record with being accurate with speculation / news — but how solid is his source on this? Especially with an earlier post saying the exact opposite (and I personally agree that this move seems to make less sense than guests masking).

Depressing for sure, but probably not a dealbreaker for my group.

I acknowledge that Legacy has a great track-record with being accurate with speculation / news — but how solid is his source on this? Especially with an earlier post saying the exact opposite (and I personally agree that this move seems to make less sense than guests masking).

Depressing for sure, but probably not a dealbreaker for my group.
Legacy = HHN god

Reactions: RevFreako
Man this news of plexiglass sucks, I know everyone has a different opinion on it (and I respect and will listen to them all) but overall I think it takes away from the event and when someone (like me) is paying thousands of dollars to fly down, stay at UOR, go to the parks, and HHN, I just don't think its worth it for me anymore. I'm hoping, wishing and praying Universal changes their mind on this, my trip isn't until the second week of October, so hopefully Universal changes this by then, but if not I'm leaning towards canceling my plans this year :(

This also makes me really curious on how the scarezones are gonna play out. It's kinda hard to imagine roaming scare actors getting right in your face at an event with plexiglass in the houses

Less roaming actors and more stage performers. Honestly surprised Universal would implement plexiglass to help with their talent pool rather than cut down the number of street performers this year.

This also makes me really curious on how the scarezones are gonna play out. It's kinda hard to imagine roaming scare actors getting right in your face at an event with plexiglass in the houses
All the scarezones have a lot of platforms and stages currently so I don’t think they will be roaming.

I know multiple people that have been cast for the event already wanting to quit and jump ship to their howl o scream offers because of plexi even being talked about at rehearsal and through rumor mill. Super sad to see HHN go this route and now have the community’s attention shift towards other local haunts. HUGE mistake here. If plexi is coming back.. then I expect to see it on attractions such as Kong and fast and everywhere else. If they aren’t going to care about day time operation… makes 0 sense to go this route for the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.