Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 216 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have a good working relationship with him (just think of how much work they did together with all The Walking Dead years at the event). Speculation was that Shrek was going to be a Creepshow house last year until Billie was "forced" onto them and they had to pivot. The fact that he showed up for that filming session when Creepshow had already been scrapped for the event (I'm assuming that, but if Puppet Theatre was fully built it has to have been) shows that relationship. Plus the Shudder scarezone, that is believed to be featuring Creepshow, gives another reason for him to be there.

And he's one of the premier makeup effects artists in history, so why wouldn't you want to give him a tour of your houses and get his input.

Don't get me wrong, I know they have a strong relationship. He's been at the event and whatnot in the past. And yes they'd love to show him and get his input, but my point is that he wouldn't have been there in the first place unless he was actively working with them on something. So I think if it's either of those 2 properties, I'm leaning towards Creepshow.

Funny article about when a Disney site tries to write about HHN :)

Now that Universal is celebrating Halloween Horror Nights 30 this year, and haunted houses such as Beetlejuice and Jack the Ripper have been announced, fans cannot wait to attend the event. Twitter is a breeding ground for Horror Nights fans to unite and discuss the event, and the official Halloween Horror Nights account (@HorrorNightsORL) is often the source of conversation.

ITM isn’t a Disney site anymore, it’s a click bait content farm.

Two things before I lay this out.

1 - I'm not fully onboard with "Seek and Destroy" being a Metallica themed zone.
2 - I know Seek and Destroy isn't from The Black Album.

But...apparently, this is the 30th anniversary of Metallica's biggest album, and it looks like they're getting into a big marketing push around it. Probably a good year to feature them at the event, if they're ever going to do it.

HHN 26 was my first time at HHN. I thought the marketing with Chance was really well done, as well as the merch. I even thought her zone was pretty cool and set a good tone for the event.

That being said - her house is the only thing I've ever done at HHN that I outright hated and wouldn't do again.
You are lucky you weren't there for Cold Blind Terror. I was wearing a nice pair of leather sandals. I was pissed about having to walk through that foam.

Man. To each their own. But, I disagree with that so hard.

I loved the design of her hair morphing into the stage curtains, and representing her split perception of the world. There was a lot of storytelling in that one image.

I have to agree with Danny. I think the merch for 27 was much worse than 26 with Chance...

so much so, the only thing I got from 27 was my B&T Farewell Tour shirt.

Two things before I lay this out.

1 - I'm not fully onboard with "Seek and Destroy" being a Metallica themed zone.
2 - I know Seek and Destroy isn't from The Black Album.

But...apparently, this is the 30th anniversary of Metallica's biggest album, and it looks like they're getting into a big marketing push around it. Probably a good year to feature them at the event, if they're ever going to do it.

It's been said before, but I'd be shocked if Seek and Destroy isn't Metallica solely based on the fact that if it wasn't, then why wouldn't they just used the correct version of the phrase [SEARCH and destroy]? Metallica is known for being very butthurt about copyright infringement, so it really confuses me.

If it truly isn't a Metallica zone, then maybe it's about Legendary Truth capturing a bunch of loose HHN baddies? Have like LT operatives along with a bunch of monsters, I dunno.

speaking of merch I’m curious if we can expect completely different merch then we saw last year or if some of it will be the same

As has been speculated by others (maybe even Legacy?) the fact that they sold stuff for 75% off at the end of the season and have seemily changed the tagline from "30 Years 30 Fears" to "Never Go Alone" indicate all new merchandise. I'd be shocked if there wasn't still retro merch (if diehards would double dip with a little reswizzling of the graphics, why not?), and they never really released any house/IP merch from last year minus Beetlejuice so there might be some unreleased stuff from last year that they sat on. Why liquidate it if you can just sell it full price next year?

If they had Hill House and TCM stuff with "HHN 30" on it, I'd assume they'd use it this year. If it had "HHN 2020" so Hollywood could use it, then they probably had to scrap it.

Didn't really answer your question...just thinking out loud (or whatever the typing equivalent is).

I just want to bring back some speculation on the Halloween 3/Creepshow discussion for a second. Something I haven't seen anyone bring up is, why was Greg Nicotero (the executive producer of Shudder's Creepshow) at Universal in October of last year to appear in that Puppet Theater video? With someone as busy as him traveling to Florida at the height of the pandemic, it leads me to believe it was more than just because he happened to be in the neighborhood. With the event having been cancelled in July, by this point they likely knew Billie Eillish would be getting pulled for 2021 and they wanted a new IP. Creepshow having been rumored to be a zone as far back as at least June 2020, they would have had talks of making a zone for a while. So why be at Universal in the Fall of 2020? Unless it was for a creative meeting or something. "Hey Greg, one of our IP's is pulling out and we wanted to talk to you and the folks at Shudder about expanding Creepshow into a maze instead."

He shows up, they meet to discuss the maze, then hey while you're here can we schedule a video shoot to promote for next year? He would have an interest in generating buzz if the show he runs will be a part of the lineup. So it leads me to think they possibly had Creepshow as a scarezone for 2020 (which the Creep Pop! Figure in the Tribute Store and "Guest" on the scarezone shirt add support to) They meet with him on conceptualizing a maze instead for 2021 and then possibly as a way to please Shudder they offer to let them have a zone as well to highlight some of the original content they have or even an original collaborative creation like how they had "Fangoria presents Leave It To Cleaver" in 2009. It would also be like how with Rob Zombie they gave him a zone too when they wanted House of 1,000 Corpses.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Let me know what you think. Or ignore me, either way lol.
OR they could have said..."We've gathered you here today to say, we're sorry. Your channel's content is too expensive to acquire and in a year where we're trying to save a buck here and there, we're going to have to go the opposite direction and conjure up something from our own library." And in Dark Knight fashion, Greg says, "I think Universal....a simple phone call would have sufficed" and Universal says, "Mr. Aiello didn't want you to think he was deliberately wasting your time," and then Greg says, "just accidentally wasting it."

"Very good Greg...accidentally...very good."

*end scene*

OR they could have said..."We've gathered you here today to say, we're sorry. Your channel's content is too expensive to acquire and in a year where we're trying to save a buck here and there, we're going to have to go the opposite direction and conjure up something from our own library." And in Dark Knight fashion, Greg says, "I think Universal....a simple phone call would have sufficed" and Universal says, "Mr. Aiello didn't want you to think he was deliberately wasting your time," and then Greg says, "just accidentally wasting it."

*end scene*
That's incredibly creative. :)

*end scene*
Or Greg was just, you know, vacationing in Orlando. And Universal was all like, “While you’re here, wanna see a puppet show.”

And Greg was all like, “Sure. My dinner reservation is for six.”

Then Universal goes, “Oh, no. Earthquake. Guess we should do a promo video while we’re trapped in this theater.”

And Greg dies a little inside.

Funny article about when a Disney site tries to write about HHN :)

Now that Universal is celebrating Halloween Horror Nights 30 this year, and haunted houses such as Beetlejuice and Jack the Ripper have been announced, fans cannot wait to attend the event. Twitter is a breeding ground for Horror Nights fans to unite and discuss the event, and the official Halloween Horror Nights account (@HorrorNightsORL) is often the source of conversation.

I had no idea they were bringing back Collections of the Past.

(To be fair they corrected it.)

I think that the preview merch being presented in the style of the 2001 I.C.U. merch is not accident and it isn’t just lazy designing. I think we will get Eddie. With that, perhaps the end of the event will mark an official fairwell to Jack and the retirement of Keaton from the roll. This is completely speculative. Just throwing that possibility out there to all the fans who say they are burnt out on Jack. Take it all in this year, nothing lasts forever.

Reactions: HHNObsession
I think that the preview merch being presented in the style of the 2001 I.C.U. merch is not accident and it isn’t just lazy designing. I think we will get Eddie. With that, perhaps the end of the event will mark an official fairwell to Jack and the retirement of Keaton from the roll. This is completely speculative. Just throwing that possibility out there to all the fans who say they are burnt out on Jack. Take it all in this year, nothing lasts forever.
That was not quite my take away from the Aiello and Keaton interview, but good advice nonetheless.

Any word on how park staffing in general is coming along?

Both Universal and Islands are a mess right now when it comes to dining and wait times. Would suck for that to continue into HHN

Reactions: n i c k
Status
Not open for further replies.