Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 224 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope they don’t cancel OR change it. I think it’s time to stop being sensitive to feelings. It’s HHN. It’s Horror, blood, murder, monsters, fear, chaos, etc. If you can’t handle being scared then disney has an event for you.
they’re not gonna scrap a whole ass house for one scene, at most they’re gonna change up a few ending scenes. And it’s not a matter of people not being able to handle being scared, just nobody wants to be reminded of how friends/family were lost while on a vacation. Just my two cents.

I expect the theatre to still be destroyed in some way though, maybe a shining-esque explosion towards the end.

I sure hope they don’t cancel OR change it. I think it’s time to stop being sensitive to feelings. It’s HHN. It’s Horror, blood, murder, monsters, fear, chaos, etc. If you can’t handle being scared then disney has an event for you.

Ok so a bit to unpack here.

1) There's likely going to be very little changes.
2) 195 people are unaccounted for and this has scarred a skyline. This isn't about feelings.
3) Yes you should care about people's feelings because they're your customers. You can still have horror, blood, murder, monsters, fear, chaos, etc without bringing up a recent event.
4) Changing a plot point so it doesn't bring up a recent tragedy isn't going to fundamentally change the house.
5) Imagine rewriting this post but then saying it about guns and Pulse or pretty much anything after 9/11. Houses and the event changes based on the outside world. B&T was changed after the Vegas concert shooting.

they’re not gonna scrap a whole ass house for one scene, at most they’re gonna change up a few ending scenes. And it’s not a matter of people not being able to handle being scared, just nobody wants to be reminded of how friends/family were lost while on a vacation. Just my two cents.

I expect the theatre to still be destroyed in some way though, maybe a shining-esque explosion towards the end.
The destruction is the opening scene.

5) Imagine rewriting this post but then saying it about guns and Pulse or pretty much anything after 9/11. Houses and the event changes based on the outside world. B&T was changed after the Vegas concert shooting.

They’ll figure out what they need to do to change as little as possible.

As a recent example: Days after the Vegas shooting, they slightly adjusted the Purge section in Horrors of Blumhouse by giving a character a knife that previously had a gun.
Sure, it was silly that their knife went “brap brap”, but it was a change that effected the event in the minimum of ways, while still being slightly sensitive.

Also, not to sound insensitive, but the event is still two months away. It’s likely to be well out of the main headlines and forefront of the public consciousness by then.

Reactions: Darko
They had whole attractions based around Earthquakes and Tornados which based on history, have probably accounted for more deaths in this world than the one building collapse.

Please don't take this to be insensitive, I have friends who had friends and their family in the building who are waiting for news.

But a theater being demolished does not equal a building, built on a sandbar (yes Miami Beach is a sandbar) that had bad construction and was known to have structural issues a few years ago. If anything the show scenes won't change, it'll just be a story change to an abandoned theater.

They had whole attractions based around Earthquakes and Tornados which based on history, have probably accounted for more deaths in this world than the one building collapse.
It’s a bit different as tornados and earthquakes are something fairly common in the grand scheme of things. It’s not like they made an earthquake based house immediately after a devastating earthquake

While this is the sort of nonsense I'm sick of seeing on these forums, my suspicion is that the situation in Miami won't change a jot or tittle of the Puppet house.

Please don't take this to be insensitive, I have friends who had friends and their family in the building who are waiting for news.

But a theater being demolished does not equal a building, built on a sandbar (yes Miami Beach is a sandbar) that had bad construction and was known to have structural issues a few years ago. If anything the show scenes won't change, it'll just be a story change to an abandoned theater.

Yeah, for me a San Francisco theater falling apart due to a Earthquake doesn't have the same connection to a condo straight-up collapsing on it's own. Add in the length of time to the event, I'm not expecting much change, if any.

Though I will add that in regards to the studio having Twister, mother nature wasn't kind to that attraction as just a few weeks before it's scheduled opening there was the Kissimmee Tornado Outbreak which was the deadliest tornado event in Florida's history. So it was completely understandable that was delayed by several months since that was very fresh in people's minds and it was more of a connection than what's being discussed.

UPDATE (Since no one else has posted yet, I might as well add this to the discussion regarding the TCM house.)

I know the gif is pretty self-explanitory, but that's from Droopy, Master Detective. Episode "The Monster Mob". With a mash-up of different monsters, that's definitely hinting at the TCM house going in a original spin with a mash up of the films in the series. It's probably the best way to get characters like Chop Top in the mix, as well as the good parts from the not-so-good sequels. Also, the Droopy episode takes place at a theme park, so you could lean into TCM 2 with the hint, even Texas Chainsaw 3D due to the fair segment.

Last edited:
Yeah, for me a San Francisco theater falling apart due to a Earthquake doesn't have the same connection to a condo straight-up collapsing on it's own. Add in the length of time to the event, I'm not expecting much change, if any.

Though I will add that in regards to the studio having Twister, mother nature wasn't kind to that attraction as just a few weeks before it's scheduled opening there was the Kissimmee Tornado Outbreak which was the deadliest tornado event in Florida's history. So it was completely understandable that was delayed by several months since that was very fresh in people's minds and it was more of a connection than what's being discussed.

UPDATE (Since no one else has posted yet, I might as well add this to the discussion regarding the TCM house.)

I know the gif is pretty self-explanitory, but that's from Droopy, Master Detective. Episode "The Monster Mob". With a mash-up of different monsters, that's definitely hinting at the TCM house going in a original spin with a mash up of the films in the series. It's probably the best way to get characters like Chop Top in the mix, as well as the good parts from the not-so-good sequels. Also, the Droopy episode takes place at a theme park, so you could lean into TCM 2 with the hint, even Texas Chainsaw 3D due to the fair segment.
How the hell did you get all of that from a gif!?!? :lol:

How the hell did you get all of that from a gif!?!? :lol:

Oh, a couple things.

- A little bit of research can go a long way. (A quick wiki search to find the episode as well as another one to find the synopsis of said ep.)

- I do enjoy the TCM series even with all it's deranged faults, so it's a little easier for me to piece things together. It's also why I'm really excited about the possibility of this being a mashup kind of house, since there's a lot of good stuff to take from throughout the series. Be it characters, kills, settings and sound bytes. An even if the story doesn't make a lick of sense, well this series loves to change timelines, backstories and even Leatherface's name every couple of films. Seriously, there's like FOUR different continuities in this series. Story is NOT an important part of TCM. XD

- I was also around the during the Vault days, that has helped out with some hints. The last time it really helped was figuring out hints for the first year of American Horror Story.

- I'm over in the PNW and this mix of heatwave and a sore mouth from the dentist has me in a weird state of exhausted, hangry and looking for anything to distract me at the moment.

- HHN is back. I figure it's best to have one moment of pulling what I can from a simple hint.

Last edited:
There is NO connection between one event and one HHN house (which was likely fully constructed over a year ago.) The problem comes from certain people DRAWING a connection. Most people will NEVER draw a connection in any way, but the few squeaky wheels demand the grease. Do you think HHN has a curse or something? THAT would be nonsense. The event goes on for 30 years now, most of which involve murderers chasing you through streets with chainsaws, and houses filled with tortured people dressed in regular clothes saying “this isn’t part of the show!”. All of these things are horrific, and the real world is horrific too. We enjoy a night of feeling that fear while being very safe. ...unless you have a mouse sticker on your car

There is NO connection between one event and one HHN house (which was likely fully constructed over a year ago.) The problem comes from certain people DRAWING a connection. Most people will NEVER draw a connection in any way, but the few squeaky wheels demand the grease. Do you think HHN has a curse or something? THAT would be nonsense. The event goes on for 30 years now, most of which involve murderers chasing you through streets with chainsaws, and houses filled with tortured people dressed in regular clothes saying “this isn’t part of the show!”. All of these things are horrific, and the real world is horrific too. We enjoy a night of feeling that fear while being very safe. ...unless you have a mouse sticker on your car

PI74KJ4.gif

which bitter former forum user are you? You’d think you would either take a hint and move along or *gasp* consider an alternate perspective than your own!

Aaaanyway...
I don't want to turn this into a covid discussion but is there any particular reason we think Universal is delaying things? obviously the announcements havent been marching along like normal, and I auditioned and have yet to hear back. it's been a couple weeks. maybe that just means I wasn't cast, lol. I'm not sure if other people haven't heard back either. Not just announcements and casting, but the multi-night tickets as well? It seems like theme parks are going in an "opening up direction" with masks and social distancing and plexiglass being relaxed and pre-shows coming back so I was wondering why it's taking Universal so long to get anything substantial announced or kicked off?

Aaaanyway...
I don't want to turn this into a covid discussion but is there any particular reason we think Universal is delaying things? obviously the announcements havent been marching along like normal, and I auditioned and have yet to hear back. it's been a couple weeks. maybe that just means I wasn't cast, lol. I'm not sure if other people haven't heard back either. Not just announcements and casting, but the multi-night tickets as well? It seems like theme parks are going in an "opening up direction" with masks and social distancing and plexiglass being relaxed and pre-shows coming back so I was wondering why it's taking Universal so long to get anything substantial announced or kicked off?

I can’t say on the staffing as I have no clue but people I trust say the ball should get rolling after the July 4th holiday weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaaanyway...
You are not the only person not to hear back about HHN employment. Can't speak towards performing roles, but good friend interviewed back in April or May for a position and has yet to hear back. I believe part of that is everyone working remotely may have caused a delay. As far as when announcements will come, they will come when they come.

Status
Not open for further replies.