Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 294 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the DNS issue. If it was multinight tickets they may have held off to make sure the site was stable enough

If anyone has ever followed Apple events you know that the store goes down before a major product launch. At that point they add the new products, do testing on the ordering process, and then let the changes propagate through the content delivery network (CDN).

Take a guess who is the primary CDN of many major companies, including Universal.

Akamai, which caused the DNS issues this morning to this afternoon. Probably long enough where Universal couldn't make the appropriate changes, test, and then let them propagate through the CDN. With no information on when it would be back up, they probably paused the rollout at the last minute.

It ALSO could be they're getting cold feet with COVID infections increasing at a massive rate in FL, but that so far hasn't stopped Disney or Universal. So I'm willing to bet the Akamai CDN was the issue.

Just taking an educated guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone has ever followed Apple events you know that the store goes down before a major product launch. At that point they add the new products, do testing on the ordering process, and then let the changes propagate through the content delivery network (CDN).

Take a guess who is the primary CDN of many major companies, including Universal.

Akamai, which caused the DNS issues this morning to this afternoon. Probably long enough they couldn't make the appropriate changes, test, and then let them propagate through the CDN. With no information on when it would be back up, they probably paused the rollout at the last minute.

It ALSO could be they're getting cold feet with COVID infections increasing at a massive rate in FL, but that so far hasn't stopped Disney or Universal. So I'm willing to bet the Akamai CDN was the issue.

Just taking an educated guess.

You're still confident the event isn't cancelled, then? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Lucky Planet
fraggin Love Island?
loveIsland-love-island-loveisland-J6D6BL5ErzWMneCd1J
Damn straight.

Man, it's getting heavy in here. Can't we just go back to simpler times when we could all agree on the common enemy, Iron Maiden posts? :whistle:

Anyhoo, the combination of Legacy's overt posts gives me an optimistic dream of like a Hal-9000-esque watchful eye overseer, but with alien origins; perhaps a techno-organic theme to the costumes in the zone. Less harvesting blood and more kind of Borg fusions/assimilations of man and machine. Basically I'm thinking of Virus, because it's such a schlocky Universal movie that I know will never get a full house treatment, but could certainly inspire an aesthetic for an original house or zone at some point.

But it could just be goofy goober Invasion! aliens or whatever harvesting blood too...

the barrels make me think of toxic radioactive waste yes toxic avenger scare zone just kidding maybe some post apoctalyptic hills have eyes future zone and as for Legacy liking Love Island I'm sure all of us like something other people would be like really all respect gone now if he gets down with Love Island to each their own My personal favorite show isthat show how it's made where they show the creation of different products and my wife hates me for it btw I know you guys were joking with him not taking a jab at you lol

Status
Not open for further replies.