Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 333 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been mentioned elsewhere but don't sleep on that after 10 (or 11) half-price Express. As long as you buy it early in the night, you can be ready to go at 9:59 and have 3 solid hours of Express to knock out the popular ones.
Is the discount Express offered every night or just determined by capacity and how many have been sold?

I've tried this once or twice in 2019 and was always sold out. Do you specifically ask for the Late Express? Felt like they didn't know what I was talking about at the Express stands lol

Is the discount Express offered every night or just determined by capacity and how many have been sold?

I assume capacity plays a role, but most nights I remember seeing signs. Keep in mind I tend to avoid the busiest nights.

You can get it at the front gate before the event even opens and usually is your best bet at getting it.

If express is still available on the website for the night you are going, they will offer the reduced after 10pm express at the gate.

That early of an announcement is definitely strange, and it wasn’t hyped up at all, they just kind of dropped it on us, it just feels like there would be an afternoon announcement to help build hype
To be fair, everytime they tried to hype up an announcement it backfired spectacularly for them. Right now they must be like "Just shadowdrop it, who cares at this point." :lol:

It's going to be really interesting to see crowd levels this year compared to previous, and I'm not even referring to COVID.

As of right now, I don't think anything announced has the massive casual appeal that Stranger Things and Ghostbusters had. I'd even throw Us in there as well.

Beetlejuice would be the closest thing I guess. Hill House is no Stranger Things when it comes to appeal and marketing. Maybe fewer kids this year as well.

It's going to be really interesting to see crowd levels this year compared to previous, and I'm not even referring to COVID.

As of right now, I don't think anything announced has the massive casual appeal that Stranger Things and Ghostbusters had. I'd even throw Us in there as well.

Beetlejuice would be the closest thing I guess. Hill House is no Stranger Things when it comes to appeal and marketing. Maybe fewer kids this year as well.

You also have the relative lack of international travelers to add to the equation. Of course, on the other end, I know that I personally have several friends that are finally biting the bullet, and making this year their first HHN. They were motivated by the lack of event last year.

To be fair, everytime they tried to hype up an announcement it backfired spectacularly for them. Right now they must be like "Just shadowdrop it, who cares at this point." :lol:
That merch drop definitely helped, it’s easily the best looking stuff they’ve dropped so far

I can definitely see less kids this year, there’s nothing “family” oriented like there sorta has been the past couple years with ST and Ghostbusters

HHN will always be THE teen event. Regardless of if there's a Stranger Things/Walking Dead/Eilish/Whatever there'll always be teens/kids. It's like an Orlando middle school/high school writ of passage to go to HHN, I know cause I've been going to HHN since I was like, 15 lol

Maybe, but now with SeaWorld offering their own event that is half the price of an HHN ticket that could see some bleed over into there

You also have the relative lack of international travelers to add to the equation. Of course, on the other end, I know that I personally have several friends that are finally biting the bullet, and making this year their first HHN. They were motivated by the lack of event last year.

As an international traveler, my speculation season just got more stressful :lol: stoked for you all though!

The best guidance towards HHN crowds will be daytime crowds, and per the most recent earnings, UO is basically back at 100% of its pre-COVID attendance since less international visitors are basically offset by increased domestic interest.

As long as the event happens (I'm not saying it won't!), I'm figuring the crowds could be relatively the same as the past couple years if only for the fact the the event is happening and there's pent up demand to overcome int'l people who can't make it.

The best guidance towards HHN crowds will be daytime crowds, and per the most recent earnings, UO is basically back at 100% of its pre-COVID attendance since less international visitors are basically offset by increased domestic interest.

As long as the event happens (I'm not saying it won't!), I'm figuring the crowds could be relatively the same as the past couple years if only for the fact the the event is happening and there's pent up demand to overcome int'l people who can't make it.

I would argue that while this may be true during the summer, it may not quite get there once kids go back to school. International travelers tend to backfill the shoulder season for popular US travel dates. I don't think it will be off by much, but availability to travel, even with the increased domestic demand, will go down.

Speaking mostly of day guests, of course. That could bleed into HHN, for sure. I'd still imagine it will be "in the ballpark" of a typical year.

I'd put Us on par with Beetlejuice and Hill House. Remember, it *was* R-rated. 27 didn't really have anything with WD/ST-level mass appeal either.

I'd put Us on par with Beetlejuice and Hill House. Remember, it *was* R-rated. 27 didn't really have anything with WD/ST-level mass appeal either.
AHS was very popular on its hey-day; The Shining is a recognizable IP and SAW is fricking SAW. Blumhouse and Ash with their cult following as well…
Definitely a strong IP led year but nothing family friendly.

I see that there are annual pass holder discounts available on the website now - can anyone comment what the discount is like and what ticket options there are? Trying to decide if I should an annual pass. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.