Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 359 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that's crossed my mind:

Did Legacy or anyone else ever flat-out confirm TCM is 23 and Icons is 24, or did we just assume that?

People’s reactions are not my responsibility. And there’s no practical difference between presenting the information the way I did versus just saying “plexi is rumored to be getting installed starting this week.” None. If y’all expect me to cater to your immaturity on this crap then I am out. Period. I’m moving to Korea so it’ll be easy.

Anyone who can afford to drop hundreds or thousands of dollars on a HHN pass or trip should be expected to have a modicum of critical thinking ability. Failure to practice that with their own money is on the individual. If they’re incapable of doing that, then they need to grow the hell up. I don’t feel bad or guilty about their petulant impulses, but I refuse to let you or anyone else try and push their childish responses onto me.

i do drop a couple thousand dollars on a trip to Universal/HHN.
my response that i am cancelling my trip is not petulant or a failure to have any critical thinking.
i have heard from other people that plexiglass is rumored to be going in, as well as other steps to combat the corona.
you are not my only source, probably the most believable source though.
i have to make decisions on timelines and my timeline has a limited window for deciding go/no go.
i use the best info i have at that time, and then i make a decision.
you are but one small piece of info involved in that process.

as you can see in the news, the delta variant news is ramping up.
i am going to assume that Universal will be implementing other 'measures' as well.
why?
because I believe they will be basically forced to by popular opinion in response to the media's ramping up of delta news.
starting to hear rumors of Universal starting to deploy mitigation strategies somewhat confirms my belief.

as i said last year, not going to spend big bucks to be miserable.
plenty of other things in life to spend money on.

if i am wrong and Universal doesn't implement a bunch of measures, well that's on me.
i'm certainly not going to come back and cry that you fed me bad info.
i'm a mature adult (at least that's the rumor) who can make his own decisions.

Doesn’t @Ringwraith have just as good insider info as legacy? I feel like y’all just flew right over what he said. It definitely caught MY attention.
We have similar and different sources, all of which come with their own level of validity. @Legacy and I piece the info the best we can and try to paint a picture that is intended to conjure up excitement(most of the time). HHN is fluid and as such, they could be emergency installing Plexi as I type this, but as of a few minutes ago, the answer was no. The most reliable sources around this time are the Scareactors, so we should leave the floor open to them.

In Havoc: Derailed there were plexiglass cages - they can be seen around the 1:30 mark in this video. If there is a new house designed from the ground up it might be cool to make similar use to allow for some really personal, out in the open scares.

A great gotcha-gimmick would be to have the beginning of a house have scares behind plexiglass and then midway just unleash the scareactors into a normal house environment. Under normal circumstances a trick like this would be meh but I think to play of expectations of a limited event would be really fun.

Is there any speculation on playing limitations to an advantage yet? I'm sure there are lots of ways safety measures could be leaned into for great effect.

I still think this would be cool just saying

If I remember correctly, HHN has a new creative director? Seems like we're getting much larger facades compared to HHN29.
In a word, yes. A&D has a new Creative Director (Jason, who replaced Mike) and Charles Gray was appointed the “lead” of the HHN design core (which included Blake and Patrick before Patrick was let go). Charles and Jason are big on original content and stories.
i do drop a couple thousand dollars on a trip to Universal/HHN.
my response that i am cancelling my trip is not petulant or a failure to have any critical thinking.
i have heard from other people that plexiglass is rumored to be going in, as well as other steps to combat the corona.
you are not my only source, probably the most believable source though.
i have to make decisions on timelines and my timeline has a limited window for deciding go/no go.
i use the best info i have at that time, and then i make a decision.
you are but one small piece of info involved in that process.

as you can see in the news, the delta variant news is ramping up.
i am going to assume that Universal will be implementing other 'measures' as well.
why?
because I believe they will be basically forced to by popular opinion in response to the media's ramping up of delta news.
starting to hear rumors of Universal starting to deploy mitigation strategies somewhat confirms my belief.

as i said last year, not going to spend big bucks to be miserable.
plenty of other things in life to spend money on.

if i am wrong and Universal doesn't implement a bunch of measures, well that's on me.
i'm certainly not going to come back and cry that you fed me bad info.
i'm a mature adult (at least that's the rumor) who can make his own decisions.
This is fair. Without the context of your broader reasoning, your post about canceling (show shortly after the plexi rumor was posted) implied direct causation. Canceling because of the totality of mitigation measures taking place during the event is understandable. I would argue they should have always been expected as a possibility though. None of this, in the broadest sense, should be that surprising.

In a word, yes. A&D has a new Creative Director (Jason, who replaced Mike) and Charles Gray was appointed the “lead” of the HHN design core (which included Blake and Patrick before Patrick was let go). Charles and Jason are big on original content and stories.

This is fair. Without the context of your broader reasoning, your post about canceling (show shortly after the plexi rumor was posted) implied direct causation. Canceling because of the totality of mitigation measures taking place during the event is understandable. I would argue they should have always been expected as a possibility though. None of this, in the broadest sense, should be that surprising.
Wait, Jason as in Jason Perry?!

sorry if my post caused angst, i never would have thought that posting my decision could set off a flurry.
yes, i have always known that mitigation measures were a real possibility this year, hence the investment of time in trying to find out what was going to happen.
no it wasnt surprising when the plexiglass story appeared, i had heard that possibility (and more) from others already, all just rumors.
again, its just another piece of data.
another source of data are the tradeshows, specifically medical tradeshows that are scheduled in FL and the mitigation efforts they are already taking.
some tradeshows have just out and out cancelled (throws my schedule into a tizzy).
others are asking that attendees state that they have been vaxxed.

sorry if my post caused angst, i never would have thought that posting my decision could set off a flurry.
yes, i have always known that mitigation measures were a real possibility this year, hence the investment of time in trying to find out what was going to happen.
no it wasnt surprising when the plexiglass story appeared, i had heard that possibility (and more) from others already, all just rumors.
again, its just another piece of data.
another source of data are the tradeshows, specifically medical tradeshows that are scheduled in FL and the mitigation efforts they are already taking.
some tradeshows have just out and out cancelled (throws my schedule into a tizzy).
others are asking that attendees state that they have been vaxxed.
Honestly, your post in isolation I could have shrugged off. It was the vast array of responses that threw me.

This sounds awesome. Hoping for more of an emphasis on originals for non anniversary years too. But I do understand the IPS bring in a ton of guests.

Appreciate the response.

This sounds awesome. Hoping for more of an emphasis on originals for non anniversary years too. But I do understand the IPS bring in a ton of guests.

Appreciate the response.
Part of me hopes this means we're about to enter a second Icon Era. New Icons, new ideas. Let Jack and the others rest for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.