Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It is a bit annoying that we are now 24 hours prior to HHN tomorrow and there is no announcement yet.

Have no idea what this means for HHN - I’ll be a hotel guest, but I’m not going to the parks, just HHN. I’m so confused…

Last edited:

Have no idea what this means for HHN - I’ll be a hotel guest, but I’m not going to the parks. I’m so confused…

Weird since the HHN Twitter page posted the same thing with the HHN symbol. Are more hotel guest here for HHN or the parks? Would they bring in scare actors just for that small amount of people?

Reactions: HalfGlass
It's all about if I need to reschedule my trip or not, completely sympathetic to those in the area who had to deal with the storm.

Reschedule it. Everyone’s gonna have enough on their plate operating at a phased level and dealing with the inevitable complaints that will come along with that, and if for any second you find you’re struggling with your patience or expectations for your trip I’d definitely reschedule for later in the month when they’re closer to normal operations.

You guys gotta remember that it's not as simple as "is Universal not flooded enough to be navigable." Employees (and guests) also have to be able to get to the resort - and the feasibility of that by tomorrow PM is less clear.
This is what people need to remember. Theme parks are just one big ball of logisitics - people getting to the parks, employees getting to their jobs, trucks delivering food and drinks, etc. All of that is still really really hard right now. About an hour ago I saw someone driving down the wrong side of the road because they couldn't pass a section of standing water on a 50MPH section of road.

For those not here, this is 100 year flood type stuff. I've never seen water levels even half this high across the city in 30-plus years.

Weird since the HHN Twitter page posted the same thing with the HHN symbol. Are more hotel guest here for HHN or the parks? Would they bring in scare actors just for that small amount of people?
I interpreted the “opening for hotel guests” as more of a “let’s get some restaurants and shops in Citywalk open so they can at least move around the resort”.

If the parks are ready enough to open for HHN, I’d bet good money there will be no weird hotel-only stipulations.

Latest update leaves out USF and IOA TMs, so I’d not count on normal ops or HHN tomorrow.
Got you.. IOA( islands of adventure) and USF ? Is that what TM’s for HHN are called? Honestly I have so much respect for TM’s who make this event happen.

I interpreted the “opening for hotel guests” as more of a “let’s get some restaurants and shops in Citywalk open so they can at least move around the resort”.

If the parks are ready enough to open for HHN, I’d bet good money there will be no weird hotel-only stipulations.
Makes sense. I guess it’s extremely vague on purpose.

You would think that is what they would say though so people know to cancel reservations or not. People don’t travel to UOR for Citywalk.

I’m going to guess, if the TM thing isn’t accurate (not saying you’re wrong @Brian G.), that the parks open in a limited capacity for guests with some obvious rides down because of the flooding (like Hulk). Maybe more of the indoor rides stay open since they might not have had extensive damage or issues.

Just spitballing - I think it would be weird to say “phased portion” if that just meant restaurants. No hotel guest is going to be content with that right now with the money it’s costing to stay onsite, and it’s misleading if some guests have a chance to cut their stay short and travel home tomorrow.

MCO being down still though throws a big curveball in domestic and international guests getting out so who knows.

You would think that is what they would say though so people know to cancel reservations or not. People don’t travel to UOR for Citywalk.

I’m going to guess, if the TM thing isn’t accurate (not saying you’re wrong @Brian G.), that the parks open in a limited capacity for guests with some obvious rides down because of the flooding (like Hulk). Maybe more of the indoor rides stay open since they might not have had extensive damage or issues.

It’s from their TM website. Pretty official. Now it could change tonight but I doubt it.

Reschedule it. Everyone’s gonna have enough on their plate operating at a phased level and dealing with the inevitable complaints that will come along with that, and if for any second you find you’re struggling with your patience or expectations for your trip I’d definitely reschedule for later in the month when they’re closer to normal operations.

Just to piggy back off of this - if y'all have a trip scheduled in the next 14 days I'd consider rescheduling it if you can. In addition to the fact there will still be messes around for weeks at this point we don't have any information on when the airport will reopen or when any of the parks will reopen. I think we're looking at late this weekend reopenings for stuff at the earliest then another week of fixing a lot of broken stuff.

Reactions: Darko and Allison

Just spitballing - I think it would be weird to say “phased portion” if that just meant restaurants. No hotel guest is going to be content with that right now with the money it’s costing to stay onsite, and it’s misleading if some guests have a chance to cut their stay short and travel home tomorrow.

MCO being down still though throws a big curveball in domestic and international guests getting out so who knows.
Everything is so fluid that I don’t think Universal really can give much info on what “phased openings” really even entail. What they may have planned at this moment could go to sh** by morning if there’s unexpected damage/delays.

Obviously getting parks open is what anyone wants, but after being cooped up in their rooms for the past 48 hours, I think most guests would make the best out of whatever they can. Just like in late Spring 2020 when guests showed up to walk around CityWalk while the parks were closed.

My two cents — whatever offerings are available tomorrow are essentially there to help make the best out of a crappy couple days for resort guests. If it wasn’t for on-site hotels, Universal and WDW would be smart to use tomorrow as an additional cleanup day, just like SeaWorld.

Locals and vacationers who begin trips tomorrow should either delay their trip, or go in with the expectation that nothing will be open besides the hotel.

Just to piggy back off of this - if y'all have a trip scheduled in the next 14 days I'd consider rescheduling it if you can. In addition to the fact there will still be messes around for weeks at this point we don't have any information on when the airport will reopen or when any of the parks will reopen. I think we're looking at late this weekend reopenings for stuff at the earliest then another week of fixing a lot of broken stuff.

Airport operations at least for rental cars will be reopening tomorrow. Some of the smaller airports in the area are resuming flights tomorrow too.