Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Right now I’m scheduled for a 3:48 flight to Orlando, but I’m waiting to hear more info before I make a final decision. Has anyone heard what things look like in Downtown Orlando/Universal this morning? I don’t know how long it typically takes for flooding to go down in these areas.
I can tell you that the major roadways that were listed as blocked yesterday (like the Turnpike) are no longer listed as blocked, but can’t speak to individual roads.

Right now I’m scheduled for a 3:48 flight to Orlando, but I’m waiting to hear more info before I make a final decision. Has anyone heard what things look like in Downtown Orlando/Universal this morning? I don’t know how long it typically takes for flooding to go down in these areas.

A few friends of mine who live up there who woke up to flooding in front of their house said the water was gone by late afternoon yesterday. Florida's ground is very porous so water drains fast.

Reactions: dxwwf3
A few friends of mine who live up there who woke up to flooding in front of their house said the water was gone by late afternoon yesterday. Florida's ground is very porous so water drains fast.
Thanks for the message. Just waiting to hear something from Universal. I know they are in a very tough situation, so I get it completely. But I don’t want to cancel right now and they end up having HHN tomorrow night (even with less staffing).

Thanks for the message. Just waiting to hear something from Universal. I know they are in a very tough situation, so I get it completely. But I don’t want to cancel right now and they end up having HHN tomorrow night (even with less staffing).

The rest of the area seems to be opening this afternoon, if it hasn't already. E.g. Chik-Fil-A on Universal Blvd was closed for breakfast but opening for lunch, I-Drive trolleys start running today at 3, I think airport reopens around noon. My guess is HHN is a go for Saturday. Biggest concern would be checking with your hotel to make sure they weren't flooded out and aren't overbooked.

Reactions: dxwwf3
The rest of the area seems to be opening this afternoon, if it hasn't already. E.g. Chik-Fil-A on Universal Blvd was closed for breakfast but opening for lunch, I-Drive trolleys start running today at 3, I think airport reopens around noon. My guess is HHN is a go for Saturday. Biggest concern would be checking with your hotel to make sure they weren't flooded out and aren't overbooked.
Appreciate it. I was able to cancel my Sapphire Falls reservation and get a refund. So right now I don’t have a hotel booked, but I would just book whatever is available at the airport, if I decide to go. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for an official update in the next couple of hours.

HHN is on today from what I’m hearing.

WOW! Wasn’t expecting that was even an option. I hope this means (if it happens) that things are good enough for the cast that they can safely get to work and aren’t tied down to much damage. I would hate for people to get rushed back too soon.

Reactions: Vyrus
I imagine it will be very light in the streets if it happens.

I fully expect that. Also for Saturday and Sunday nights too. But if the houses are open (even understaffed), it would be worth the trip down for me.

Reactions: Vyrus
I see stuffed animal prizes from the carnival games there, definitely looks like set up for tonight.